quality posts: 3454 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

ok (3.5 out of 5.0) reviews over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Excite-AT305T16-10-1-Inch-Computer/dp/B007OWZRC8

lichme

quality posts: 2838 Private Messages lichme

Incredibly long video review

cdunkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdunkle

"Powered by the Android 4.0 Honeycomb operating system, which was designed specifically for tablets." Android 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb is 3.0. Which is it?

[MOD: Confirmed it is Android 4.0 ICS]

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

I am one of the last people to compare a tablet to a laptop but after demoing this thing, I realized just how capable it was of handling everything an average person would want to do with it and some. Very impressive performance, responsive, with all the bells and whistles you'd want from a tablet.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Wait, my other tablet IS a stone. Are you saying that's a bad thing?

thenagman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thenagman
cdunkle wrote:"Powered by the Android 4.0 Honeycomb operating system, which was designed specifically for tablets." Android 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb is 3.0. Which is it?

Amazon says ICS (4.0)

EDIT: Quality post? When have I EVER provided a constructive post?

calpencil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calpencil

That's because Tegra 4 came out today. =)

nafhan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nafhan

Well... A Google search for "Toshiba Excite 10 jelly bean" seems to indicate (from multiple sources) that a 4.1 update is available.

wfg280

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wfg280

Saw this on Toshiba's website today for $300 after coupon code new for Excite SE with Android 4.1

wfg280

[MOD: Excite <> Excite SE]

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

It's a shame that there's no HDMI and no docking options to give you an HDMI output.

[MOD: It has microHDMI]

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

???
It has a micro HDMI port.

prttymf8 wrote:It's a shame that there's no HDMI and no docking options to give you an HDMI output.

prttymf8

GGA1759 wrote:???
It has a micro HDMI port.

Oh yeah, look at that. My mistake. I merged micro HDMI with micro USB when I read it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cdunkle wrote:"Powered by the Android 4.0 Honeycomb operating system, which was designed specifically for tablets." Android 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb is 3.0. Which is it?

Called and confirmed it is Android 4.0 ICS.

That feature will be updated in a few minutes. Thanks for pointing out the err of our ways.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

thenagman wrote:Amazon says ICS (4.0)

EDIT: Quality post? When have I EVER provided a constructive post?

Don't beg. It's not pretty.

But thanks for helping.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

prttymf8

wfg280 wrote:Saw this on Toshiba's website today for $300 after coupon code new for Excite SE with Android 4.1

wfg280

The Excite has a lot of features that the Excite SE does not.

http://us.toshiba.com/tablets/tablet-finder/compare?skus=10SE|16GB,10|16GB

traceactions

quality posts: 5 Private Messages traceactions

It's not rootable like the Thrive.

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

Thanks guys. I just talked myself out of getting a Nexus 7 because I didn't think I would use it... and now look what we have here.

jeffkjeffyahoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffkjeffyahoo

What is the difference between this one and the one on Ben's outlet for $259?

http://bensoutlet.com/products/toshiba-excite

prttymf8

jeffkjeffyahoo wrote:What is the difference between this one and the one on Ben's outlet for $259?

The humorous write up? That's got to be worth $25, right?

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

A stone tablet is so much more usefull. The stone is durable and what you engrave will last a long time. The self defense potential is very high and the tablet may even be bullet proof if the correct stone is thick enough. The benefits of stone tablets are nearly unlimited so choose a stone tablet the traditional multi media, multi purpose tool.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
baybei wrote:Wait, my other tablet IS a stone. Are you saying that's a bad thing?

Wait...Is this you?

whejas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whejas
jeffkjeffyahoo wrote:What is the difference between this one and the one on Ben's outlet for $259?

To me the big difference is that Ben's Outlet is run by 1saleaday. I bought a Thrive accessory pack from them in December. It took them almost two months to admit that they didn't actually have it, and thus couldn't ship it. It took another two weeks for them to refund my credit card. For me, there is no way I'd trust them with $250.

gak0090

whejas wrote:To me the big difference is that Ben's Outlet is run by 1saleaday. I bought a Thrive accessory pack from them in December. It took them almost two months to admit that they didn't actually have it, and thus couldn't ship it. It took another two weeks for them to refund my credit card. For me, there is no way I'd trust them with $250.

It's the same tablet- save about $25 through Bens since it's free shipping. Same exact model same warranty- both refurbished by Toshiba. I've ordered a ton of stuff through Ben's and never had an issue. Sometimes shipping takes a little- but it's similar to the way woot ships... it could be 3 days or 2 weeks. Woot should match this price (actually should be $5 less since Ben's offers free shipping)

gak0090

whejas wrote:To me the big difference is that Ben's Outlet is run by 1saleaday. I bought a Thrive accessory pack from them in December. It took them almost two months to admit that they didn't actually have it, and thus couldn't ship it. It took another two weeks for them to refund my credit card. For me, there is no way I'd trust them with $250.

By the way- they have your toshiba thrive bundle for $10 now. I bought 2 of those from them when they were $20 and it was an awesome deal.

gak0090

ThunderThighs wrote:Don't beg. It's not pretty.

But thanks for helping.

You know some people...have them match Ben's Outlet price so people don't have to go there to buy this tablet. Actually you need to go $5 less, since they have free shipping. It should be priced at $254.99 in appreciation of your loyal wooters.

ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

Please note that the price has been lowered to $259.99.

If you already purchased this item, you will be refunded the difference automatically.

Now, be a pal and go buy something else so we don't have to cry ourselves to sleep during our afternoon naps.

Maybe a USB gadget.

gunnerp245

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gunnerp245

Does this have some crippled/pre/development ICS OS like the refurbished Thrive had?

User of the 10" Entourage Edge (EE) and 7" Pocket Edge (PE). Red as Green was not an option. Have a visit Mobileread and view the Entourage Edge (EE) & Pocket Edge (PE) forum, when you have the opportunity! Helpful members and many hints, tricks and tips.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
gak0090 wrote:It's the same tablet- save about $25 through Bens since it's free shipping. Same exact model same warranty- both refurbished by Toshiba. I've ordered a ton of stuff through Ben's and never had an issue. Sometimes shipping takes a little- but it's similar to the way woot ships... it could be 3 days or 2 weeks. Woot should match this price (actually should be $5 less since Ben's offers free shipping)

On a scale from A+ down to F, Ben's receives an F from the BBB.
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/outlets-stores-factory-mills/ben-s-outlet-inc-in-brooklyn-ny-122040
I think I will not worry too much over the $5 for the security of dealing with with something better than that. I would stick with Woot.

darrelaxtell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darrelaxtell

me thinkith Gak works for Ben's.

gak0090 wrote:You know some people...have them match Ben's Outlet price so people don't have to go there to buy this tablet. Actually you need to go $5 less, since they have free shipping. It should be priced at $254.99 in appreciation of your loyal wooters.

AZTECH

slim16er

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slim16er
charliecarroll wrote:On a scale from A+ down to F, Ben's receives an F from the BBB.
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/outlets-stores-factory-mills/ben-s-outlet-inc-in-brooklyn-ny-122040
I think I will not worry too much over the $5 for the security of dealing with with something better than that. I would stick with Woot.

Woot has an F too....just sayin'

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
slim16er wrote:Woot has an F too....just sayin'

You of course are right. I learn something new every day. I guess I should have checked that out before posting the F on Ben's. So in fairness, here is the link on the Woot rating (F).
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/internet-shopping/woot-in-carrollton-tx-90017163

gak0090

darrelaxtell wrote:me thinkith Gak works for Ben's.

Dude - I'm a pharmacist, so unless Ben's has a hospital pharmacy- they are not employing me. I buy a lot of Tech from ALL different places including:Cowboom, Woot, Newegg, Amazon,Bens outlet and 1sale a day, red tag to name a few. I have not had any serious issues from any of these retailers. Maybe you work for woot and you are try to discredit my post? If you would have read what I wrote- I told Woot to match the price- I didn't tell people to go to Bens.

gak0090

ThunderThighs wrote:PRICE CHANGE

Please note that the price has been lowered to $259.99.

If you already purchased this item, you will be refunded the difference automatically.

Now, be a pal and go buy something else so we don't have to cry ourselves to sleep during our afternoon naps.

Maybe a USB gadget.

Thanks...you guys must hate me

Aburns9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aburns9

I think we just need a tablet.woot.com section. These are common enough on here.

sukmir70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sukmir70

There are horror stories of folks getting refurbs that don't look like they've been furbed, much less refurbed. (Check for yourself)
I've bough a Thrive, a VTAB, A Kindle and a Xoom from WOOT and they have all arrived looking like a brand new product in a plain white box. Everthing has worked perfectly. Peace of mind and returnability are worth the inflated price in my estimation.

xiansouljar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xiansouljar

Been looking at tablets for the past week or so. Saw the Galaxy Tab 2 on sale at Best Buy and passed on it. Almost bought a Nexus 7 32 gb on eBay for just under google's retail price but passed up (not good enough a deal and I want HDMI out). Hit up woot this morning and bam. Bigger screen, expandable memory, and all the outputs I want for a great price. Can't wait to get this piece.

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple
charliecarroll wrote:You of course are right. I learn something new every day. I guess I should have checked that out before posting the F on Ben's. So in fairness, here is the link on the Woot rating (F).
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/internet-shopping/woot-in-carrollton-tx-90017163

Seriously, does anybody pay attention to BBB anymore?

bluemaple

quality posts: 76 Private Messages bluemaple

Not sure humor is allowed here ;-) (be careful to whom you gift tablets...)

http://www.snotr.com/video/8965/

(I promise, the link is clean - and the video works on iOS and Android)