WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

PC: Probably Computers

Checking Woot! The old morning routine! Just turn on the computer, wait 45 minutes, click Netscape Navigator, wait another 25 minutes, and then it's Woot time, right? Well, you know what? It might be time to get a new computer...

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle

Flexible keyboards look fun, but I'm worried I'll keep hitting that gargantuan Caps Lock key by accident...

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

From the Alienware specs:

"Alienware’s high-performance CPU liquid cooling delivers up to three metric tons of liquid per minute for every square meter of CPU"

Wow! It's got square meters of CPU!!!

homer115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homer115

anyone know if this works on the ps3? those flexible keyboards

Schwaumlaut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schwaumlaut
cheesed00dle wrote:Flexible keyboards look fun, but I'm worried I'll keep hitting that gargantuan Caps Lock key by accident...

I have one of these keyboards, and the gigantic caps lock key is the best thing about it. They're actually pretty terrible, (keystrokes fail to register, randomly caps locks, etc.) but the giant key is good for a laugh.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Yne8UzMlpB4/T7oBfuj5rqI/AAAAAAAAAQg/VuipEKfEiIw/s1600/Hoof+goes+here.png

Schwaumlaut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schwaumlaut
homer115 wrote:anyone know if this works on the ps3? those flexible keyboards

Yeah, they do. Just not, you know, well. I bought mine for White Knight Chronicles multiplayer and ended up getting another keyboard because it was so terribad.

Hirshy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hirshy

Any input on that AOC 22in? I am thinking about picking one up for my desktop... I have a 19in LCD currently and REALLY need an upgrade.

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle
Hirshy wrote:Any input on that AOC 22in? I am thinking about picking one up for my desktop... I have a 19in LCD currently and REALLY need an upgrade.

Input? Why yes, it does.

Woot's Listed Specs wrote:15-pin D-Sub and 24-pin DVI

Since that was such a terrible pun, I'll see if I can help by providing a few links to some reviews on Amazon, Google Shopping, and CNET.

pan1x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pan1x
cheesed00dle wrote:Flexible keyboards look fun, but I'm worried I'll keep hitting that gargantuan Caps Lock key by accident...

That's actually just where the circuits are stored. The Caps Lock that shows on that gigundo-box is the indicator light. You can see the regular caps button right where it should be.

randolphaknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages randolphaknight

I ordered a couple of the flexible keyboards last time they were up and Woot shipped 'em to the wrong address. AFTER I told 'em they address they sent in their email confirmation was incorrect. Weeks of emails and they just tell me to return the merchandise I don't have...STWOOPID!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

randolphaknight wrote:I ordered a couple of the flexible keyboards last time they were up and Woot shipped 'em to the wrong address. AFTER I told 'em they address they sent in their email confirmation was incorrect. Weeks of emails and they just tell me to return the merchandise I don't have...STWOOPID!!

Sorry to hear about this mixup, I've forwarded your post onto Woot Member Services to see if I can't find a resolve for you.

Thank you for patience and the confusion during this matter.

chaedog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chaedog

I used to use those flex keyboards for LAN parties. Never broke, but after a while the ink started coming off the heavily used keys (think WASD and surrounding keys) not like that really mattered since I knew where they were anyways.

Only gripe with it was if you were to actually type on it then you'd have to go a little slower because you had to press down a little harder. But it works as advertised. I spilled many a beers on it over the years. ;)

tlapin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tlapin

Seems like a slightly better deal at the Egg on a similar Asus model- a bit faster processor, a bit smaller HD and a lower price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220221

Shinespark

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark
embhorn wrote:From the Alienware specs:

"Alienware’s high-performance CPU liquid cooling delivers up to three metric tons of liquid per minute for every square meter of CPU"

Wow! It's got square meters of CPU!!!

Yeah, about 1/1000 m³