WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Facebook is nine years old! How are we feeling about it?
  • 28.4% - I use it all the time. 415
  • 25.7% - I occasionally check it. 376
  • 1.8% - I use it to tag photos of my drunk friends. 26
  • 17.4% - I rarely use it. 254
  • 17.9% - I don’t have an account. 262
  • 8.8% - I complain about it all the time, but I basically live on Facebook. 129
1462 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

What is this "Facebook" thing of which you speak?

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

We're feeling old... That's how we're feeling. 9 years... And it seems like just yesterday I was MySpacing.

qkerby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qkerby

I dropped Facebook for Google+. I got tired of old classmates getting mad at me for not friending them in a timely manner.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

9 years, bah. I'm wearing pants older than that.

When it makes 50 years, that will be something.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

9 years is significant because the original concept was only open to college students with a .edu email address. That means 9 years ago I was an undergrad.

I know I'm not really "old", but this sure makes me feel like it.

drakethegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drakethegreat
qkerby wrote:I dropped Facebook for Google+. I got tired of old classmates getting mad at me for not friending them in a timely manner.

Add to that ex girlfriends, long lost relatives that I never talk to, and random people I never talk to at work. The motivation to leave facebook becomes even stronger.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

Bah! Facebook used to be awesome drunk photos of my friends and maybe swooping on my acquaintance's exes; now it's moms sending glurge chain messages about dead kids, inspirational quotes, and spam.

Facebook is the new email.

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

It was eating up all my time and I realized it was spent on people whom I never EVER speak to in person. People that I didn't really care about and they surely didn't care about me. So, I stopped using it other than the occasional pop-in to make sure the few I DO care about are all safe and sound (maybe once/week for 10 minutes) but those people would usually have told me either in person or via call/text anyway.

ToadiesLB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ToadiesLB
dymongoose wrote:9 years is significant because the original concept was only open to college students with a .edu email address. That means 9 years ago I was an undergrad.

I know I'm not really "old", but this sure makes me feel like it.

This is exactly what I was going to say...

nazmin2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nazmin2

I like facebook for one thing.

Single sign on.

Most websites now let users use facebook as their login. Thats it for me