WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Headphoning it In

Our great grandfather, Weileim Wought, (changed to Willy Woot at Easter Island) had a saying. He said, "If you're not giving people something to put in or on their ears every day, then you're not running a successful business." We're doing you proud, Gandpa Willy!

Quality Posts

jakemyster84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jakemyster84

I bought the MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 the last time they were on sale on Woot. I have to say I love them!!! I charged them the first time for about 3.5 hours (only takes about 2 hours to fully charge after the first charge if they are fully dead). I have used they for roughly 20 hours already and they just keep sounding better the longer I use them. Bluetooth quality from both my laptop and cell phone is great, and the wired connection is even better.

A friend of mine compared them to his Beats by Dre I believe the solo's and said they sound as good if not better. And I saved a ton of money on them over the Beats.

If you want to burn in these headphones (which I do to all new headphones I buy) I use this burn in track from JLab http://www.jlabaudio.com/index/burn-in. Burning them in will enhance the sound from them and decrease the chance of blowing out a speaker in them.

irradiated

quality posts: 5 Private Messages irradiated

Why would you name headphones "Runny C"? It's like a rapper with lower GI distress...

techkyle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages techkyle

Whenever headphones come up, I usually reference HeadRoom.

I found a HeadRoom review and Head-Fi reviews of the Klipsch Image One as well as a thread on Head-Fi discussing them.

If you can't decide just yet, it looks like it's not hard to find these around the same price.

Found some Head-Fi reviews for the Sony Studios too. People seem to say that they DR-ZX701 is very similar to the DR-ZX700, which has a HeadRoom review here for comparison to the Klipsch Image One.

devinescence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devinescence

I've never used Bluetooth anything before. I've seen comments about needing Bluetooth transmitters/adapters. Do I need anything else to use Bluetooth headphones, or do I just unpackage them and use them with Bluetooth enabled devices?

javamatte

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javamatte

Staff

devinescence wrote:I've never used Bluetooth anything before. I've seen comments about needing Bluetooth transmitters/adapters. Do I need anything else to use Bluetooth headphones, or do I just unpackage them and use them with Bluetooth enabled devices?

I can't speak to these headphones in particular, but if you have a phone/computer/tablet with bluetooth, they should work with minimal fuss.

jakemyster84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jakemyster84
devinescence wrote:I've never used Bluetooth anything before. I've seen comments about needing Bluetooth transmitters/adapters. Do I need anything else to use Bluetooth headphones, or do I just unpackage them and use them with Bluetooth enabled devices?

I bought the MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 and they synced up with my android device just fine no problems at all.

Getting them to work with my laptop was a bit trickier. They paired just fine at first but I could not get audio from them at all. It took a bit of googling but found out that I needed to update the driver for the built in boothtooh adapter in my computer. But wait my driver was already up to date, after some more research I had to find the manufacturer of the bluetooth chip on the motherboard and downloaded software for it. In the end it worked and now works great. For reference I have a Dell XPS L702x laptop with an intel chip for bluetooth.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

The Run NYC looks just like the MEElectronics headphones, but with slightly worse specs (and less appealing colors). Are they just rebranded MEElectronics? Or did one of their middlemen up them one and went to the OEM and became their own middleman?

stevemcdoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevemcdoo

Purchased the RUN NYC last time on here... they are great. Synced easily with Samsung S3 phone and Samsung Gal Tablet and have no problems. Well worth the $

rantng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rantng

Google has the MEElectronics AF-32 new for $49 with free shipping. Offer is good for another 23 days - https://www.google.com/offers/ppo/SELF/PA2UVHW0RAXIUHXL

redbaronofredbud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redbaronofredbud

Bought the HT-21s last time offered and they are comfortable and clean sounding. Price was definitely right @ 15 bucks.

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs

I picked up the Mee Air-Fi AF 32 headphones last time around with pretty low expectations but I was completely and pleasantly surprised.

I haven't tried the mic yet but for music they are very good for the price. Worth the price in my book.

I'm also curious if the run NYC are rebranded Mees with ugly colors. Does anyone have any idea?
Thx!

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs
fridayrs wrote:

I'm also curious if the run NYC are rebranded Mees with ugly colors. Does anyone have any idea?
Thx!

I found this staff answer:
"These are definitely extremely similar. Wink Wink http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphones-Android/dp/B0070UKBO8" -jf12volt

http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5328041

lwang

fridayrs wrote:I'm also curious if the run NYC are rebranded Mees with ugly colors. Does anyone have any idea?
Thx!

I think the OEM mfg of these headphones probably sells them to alot of companies, and they just rebranded it. I am sure Run NYC has no R&D staff, probably just someone who told Run DMC that if Dr Dre's name could sell headphones, so can his.

rantng

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rantng

I found these as well - http://aluratek.com/bluetooth-wireless-stereo-headphones

Aluratek ABH01F

Looks like the OEM is pretty busy

irqzero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irqzero
lwang wrote:I think the OEM mfg of these headphones probably sells them to alot of companies, and they just rebranded it. I am sure Run NYC has no R&D staff, probably just someone who told Run DMC that if Dr Dre's name could sell headphones, so can his.

Run DMC is not one person.

lwang

irqzero wrote:Run DMC is not one person.

yeah..didnt bother to indicate which brother it was..but brother rev it is....apparently he was also recently pushing the Jabra headphones in CES:

http://gizmodo.com/5974215/the-objectively-most-depressing-scene-at-ces-2013-so-far