6%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

DarthNinja

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DarthNinja

As an Android user, I really feel like an oppressed minority seeing all these iPhone docks.

Maybe I'll go overthrow my local apple store's totalitarian regime after I take a nap.

Bog of carp anyone?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DarthNinja wrote:As an Android user, I really feel like an oppressed minority seeing all these iPhone docks.

Maybe I'll go overthrow my local apple store's totalitarian regime after I take a nap.

This is about as good as it gets:

Line-in jack for easy connection of other audio devices

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

roseangelo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roseangelo

I got this when it was last offered, which was all of two weeks ago (or so). No complaints. Sound is good in my little apartment.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (5 out of 5 stars) over at overstock.com

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/XtremeMac-Tango-TRX-2.1-Bluetooth-Audio-System/5570882/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&ef_id=UQ3@wgAAQUZXGXOR:20130203060802:s

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

If it has a 30 pin dock, why would you use the WIFI?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Previous woot, don't know the price then, but $39.99 tonight
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5313110

dhlolds1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dhlolds1

don't feel so bad i have the iphone 5 i am in the same boat. have the 30pin to 8 pin but it only does mono not stero for music

DarthNinja wrote:As an Android user, I really feel like an oppressed minority seeing all these iPhone docks.

the man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss

theyatemypig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theyatemypig

Why would you choose to listen to Foreigner on this?

tsodapop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsodapop

I also bought this off of Woot about two weeks ago. The sound quality is great for the price. I love the little remote, very convenient with iPod use. The only issue I'm having is the bluetooth. I've tried 3 different phones and I only get intermittent blurbs of sound to come out of the speaker. Any suggestions? I'm probably going call the company since there's a 90 day warranty.

saypat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saypat
ThunderThighs wrote:This is about as good as it gets:

Line-in jack for easy connection of other audio devices

Well, I'll let u know. I just ordered a little portable speaker called the Minirig. Only available from U.K. $127!!! 15 watt amplifier. Rechargeable battery lasts 50 hours, and the volume on this little thing, well, that's why I bought it! Google it. Then buy one. I got addicted but fast.

drcanak

quality posts: 5 Private Messages drcanak

Quick question

if you have an iphone with a non-friendly case when it comes to fitting into these docks, is there some sort of cable that can run from the dock socket to the device?

I know the speaker could be used via bluetooth or aux-in, but several of our iDevices have cases that just don't lend themselves to these various docking devices. And of course we can take the devices out of their respective cases, but kind of annoying.

thx in advance.

kfrastenis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfrastenis

[quote postid="5334566" user="drcanak"]Quick question

if you have an iphone with a non-friendly case when it comes to fitting into these docks, is there some sort of cable that can run from the dock socket to the device?

Yes - and they are pretty cheap.

liztull

quality posts: 12 Private Messages liztull

Good Amazon reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-Bluetooth-30-Pin-iPhone-Speaker/dp/B0043M66X6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359895501&sr=8-1&keywords=XtremeMac+Tango+TRX+2.1+Bluetooth+Audio+System

I'm tempted.

medved02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages medved02
liztull wrote:Good Amazon reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-Bluetooth-30-Pin-iPhone-Speaker/dp/B0043M66X6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359895501&sr=8-1&keywords=XtremeMac+Tango+TRX+2.1+Bluetooth+Audio+System

I'm tempted.

As am I. Anyone have any experience using this with the iPad2 or iPad3? Looking for this more as an additional docking station to charge the iPad. The bluetooth would be bonus.

lindal33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindal33

Enjoy your nap... it's bluetooth, so any device that has bluetooth will be able to connect with this, no cord needed.

dr1241

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dr1241

Bought one in the last go around. If you are on the fence, get it. The sound quality is surprisingly good.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised about all the chatter about the dock. I haven't even used the dock.

Bluetooth is what makes this machine shine. I had a small party last night, anyone that wanted to play some music just connected up via bluetooth and the kitchen became a dance-floor.

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404

I bought this a few weeks ago when it was offered. The sound is pretty good, I had no problems connecting my android devices via bluetooth.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

juicius

quality posts: 42 Private Messages juicius

Does this have a battery/rechargeable option? I need something for the kids to use when they're playing/eating outside and I don't want to look for an outlet every time.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
dhlolds1 wrote:don't feel so bad i have the iphone 5 i am in the same boat. have the 30pin to 8 pin but it only does mono not stero for music

Inferior Apple engineering or a deliberate attempt to force you to buy new gear?

My Ipad 2 and Touch are the LAST portable Apple products I will ever buy.

I'd rather "suffer" tethering my Galaxy Tab 2 - 7 with a cord to an old boombox and take advantage of the much more open architecture and software Android offers.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee
drcanak wrote:Quick question

I know the speaker could be used via bluetooth or aux-in, but several of our iDevices have cases that just don't lend themselves to these various docking devices. And of course we can take the devices out of their respective cases, but kind of annoying.

thx in advance.

We have had the same issue.
You can order one of these nifty little extension cables which work the best in my experience. Your phone won't perch beautifully in front of the dock you just leave it sitting in front of it. Aside from that, this setup works well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-PIN-Dock-Extender-Extension-Cable-for-iPhone-3GS-4-4S-iPod-touch-ipad-1-2-3-/160900072045?pt=US_Tablet_AV_Cables_Adapters&hash=item257664426d

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

ramanan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramanan

Can the iPad be docked like the smaller apple devices (iPod/iPhone)?
I'm more looking to dock the iPad to this.

ciao
rummy

catch9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catch9

Does it recharge?

heckkoch9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heckkoch9

I bought one the last time woot offered it which was about 3-4 weeks ago...refurb also...loved it!

But after day 2, the Tango just went dead, no power, no sound ...light on adapter was green but nothing on the speaker.

I contacted Woot and they said they didn't have anymore units to offe a replacement...so I had to send mine back for a refund...really bummed.

But now, they're offering the TRX again...come on!

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

Question from an iPod newbie here... I'd like to buy this as a gift for someone who has an iPod Touch 4. Would this work? I don't know if it has 30 pins, etc. Thanks.

apimentel33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apimentel33
whatsamattaU wrote:Previous woot, don't know the price then, but $39.99 tonight
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5313110

Pretty sure it was for 70$, I bought it during the previous sale... kinda sad now :/

apimentel33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apimentel33
juicius wrote:Does this have a battery/rechargeable option? I need something for the kids to use when they're playing/eating outside and I don't want to look for an outlet every time.

It charges as it's on the dock

dehr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dehr

can anyone compare this to a jbl onbeat air or bose soundlink? gave my jbl to a friend and sold my bose and have been thinking of getting a new speaker dock

dhpersonal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dhpersonal
ramanan wrote:Can the iPad be docked like the smaller apple devices (iPod/iPhone)?
I'm more looking to dock the iPad to this.

It looks like someone stuck an iPad on it here: http://www.popscreen.com/p/MTM0MzkwNDA4/XtremeMac-IPUTRX13-Tango-TRX-Docking-Station-f%C3%BCr-iPod-iPhone-und-

niceum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages niceum

I have two of these. The Bluetooth works great with my Droid X2. Sounds is great. Price is great.
Friend uses her Iphone on it. Connects flawlessly with goofy cover (she doesn't need to take it off). And the bluetooth for it works great too. Highly recommend.

sdc100

radi0j0hn wrote:Inferior Apple engineering or a deliberate attempt to force you to buy new gear?

My Ipad 2 and Touch are the LAST portable Apple products I will ever buy.

I'd rather "suffer" tethering my Galaxy Tab 2 - 7 with a cord to an old boombox and take advantage of the much more open architecture and software Android offers.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I've avoided Apple stuff, both personally and professionally (I approve the computer equipment for my dept). Unlike Windows computers and apparently, Android devices, Apple prefers to use proprietary components. That makes repairs and upgrades expensive and time consuming. With Windows computers, I merely need to open our supply closet to replace most components, i.e. a monitor. The lone Mac user in our dept needs to special order components and rely on outside support.

As for iPods, iPhones, etc, I'm a newbie but I've heard many complaints that every time a new model comes out, accessories that once worked no longer worked. That includes things as simple as a charger.

This need for constant upgrades drives a whole industry, so I guess it's good for the economy. But it sucks for the end user.

sdc100

radi0j0hn wrote:If it has a 30 pin dock, why would you use the WIFI?

I don't think it has WiFi. The wireless connection is Bluetooth. I guess one would use Bluetooth for non-Apple devices, i.e. Android. A video review on Amazon also mentions that it's useful in cars, trucks and RVs. He said that a bumpy ride would destroy the 30 pin connector so he uses Bluetooth.

avarice8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avarice8

Can anybody confirm if the remote works over Bluetooth on Android?

lgromet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgromet

yes, it has a 30-pin dock connector. it is also has Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR.

here are the complete specs:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP594

Apple is good about having the specs available online, even for quite old equipment.

glad i could help you out on this one, as your posts always help me.

sdc100 wrote:Question from an iPod newbie here... I'd like to buy this as a gift for someone who has an iPod Touch 4. Would this work? I don't know if it has 30 pins, etc. Thanks.

sdc100

lgromet wrote:yes, it has a 30-pin dock connector. it is also has Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR.

here are the complete specs:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP594

Apple is good about having the specs available online, even for quite old equipment.

glad i could help you out on this one, as your posts always help me.

THANK YOU for the very detailed response and kind words!

Kumbaya, fellow Wooter!

sdc100

catch9 wrote:Does it recharge?

According to Amazon reviews, the dock will charge your Apple device.

sdc100

apimentel33 wrote:It charges as it's on the dock

Me thinks juicius was asking if the Tango itself can run off batteries, and the answer is unfortunately, no.

sdc100

juicius wrote:Does this have a battery/rechargeable option? I need something for the kids to use when they're playing/eating outside and I don't want to look for an outlet every time.

Nope, you have to plug this Tango into an outlet. Also, an Amazon review says that this is only good for cubicles and small enclosed rooms. In open spaces, the sound apparently thins out fast.

tomwiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomwiles
tsodapop wrote:I also bought this off of Woot about two weeks ago. The sound quality is great for the price. I love the little remote, very convenient with iPod use. The only issue I'm having is the bluetooth. I've tried 3 different phones and I only get intermittent blurbs of sound to come out of the speaker. Any suggestions? I'm probably going call the company since there's a 90 day warranty.

What models or brands of phones are you using? I have used a Galaxy S3, as well as a Nexus 7 tablet, my iPod Touch, and my old HTC Evo with it via Bluetooth stereo all quite successfully. Ironically my 13 inch white plastic Macbook won't stay connected more than a few seconds. I blame the Macbook since it is six years old. This unit has spectacularly good sound with surprisingly deep, clear distortion free bass and clear highs. I paid a lot more a couple of years ago at Best Buy for my first unit, which is still going strong after tons of use.

sdc100

I hate to do this to Woot but an arguably better deal is available from DailySteals via eBay. It's the XtremeMac Tango TRXD High-Fidelity Bluetooth Speaker System w/10W Satellite Dock for $49.99. It appears to be identical to this model with the addition of a 10 watt external charging dock. I don't know much about this external dock, and don't see why you need 10 watts to charge an iPod, iPhone or iPad.

Here's why it may be a better deal. For me, Woot's total comes out to be around $48 after taxes and $5 s/h. And Woot is just sneaky enough to price this at $39.99, just 1 cent below the minimum $40 required to use coupon "TAXSUCKS" (a $5 discount). The eBay deal has free s/h, and probably no tax (unless you're a NYer like me). Furthermore, it has a 14 day return policy for Buyer's Remorse (which unfortunately "may" include a 15% restocking fee). Woot has great customer service for defective items, but Buyer's Remorse isn't covered.

For me, the difference is even greater because I have $13.98 in eBay Bucks, and another 10% Coupon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230917939446