3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3488 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

some solid reviews (3.5 out of 5) over at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Headphone-Armband-iPhones-Smartphones/dp/B007IL4ROE

dan7398

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dan7398

I have M6, which is similar to these. I really like them. They work great, sound great, and just the headphones are well worth the money.

jayelem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayelem

Priced better than the $29 I spent on these thru Groupon goods over the summer , I used them quite a bit and didn't care for the sound quality , did better with a Rich Bass Phillips brand SHE 9550 purchased for around $9 @ Marshalls .

I really believed I made a good buy initially because of reviews , I don't recommend these headphones and I read about burn-in which is the amount of hours needed to break in headphones and it's suggested with these headphones , maybe I should play with them some more , so why do my Phillips sound so dam good right out of the package.

adamantandy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamantandy

I bought these for myself and my brother for Christmas on Amazon for $20 and I absolutely love them! So many different tips for different fits, and they sound great! The only thing I would really ask for is a bit more in the high-mid to high frequency range, but a simple "Treble booster" EQ fixes that. These are definitely not for audiophiles to use for regular listening. I use them for jogging and when I am playing drums because they are great for protecting my ears, and don't fall out easily. I do strongly recommend buying some of these memory foam earbud tips: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/tx-200/

They fit onto these earbuds no problem and make the experience that much more enjoyable and better protect my ears. So far the sweat resistance has been pretty solid so I can't really complain about durability right now. ALSO I strongly suggest wearing these with the cord behind your neck rather than in front. Way more comfortable and they are more secure that way if your doing physical activities.

One last thing: Not to be rude, but for anyone to say that any earbuds sound "better", you just sound silly. Better is a subjective term and can mean different things to different people. If you are going to review something like this describe how the audio sounds to you and what makes it good or bad. It's much more helpful than "These don't sound that good." or "These are great!"

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
dan7398 wrote:I have M6, which is similar to these. I really like them. They work great, sound great, and just the headphones are well worth the money.

How do you change the song you are listening too? Doesn't look like there is any ipod control on the wires... Is it possible that workout headphones don't have a remote?!?!?!?

shaun40555

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shaun40555

Are these built ay different than their other headphones that go behind the ear, the ones with the mic? I really liked those but they didn't last. The metal wire always broke through the rubber housing. Oh and the rubber tips came off way too easily. Just having them in my pocket I'd get to the gym and there'd be no tip.

genejanke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genejanke

anyone know how big the neoprene band is? I have not found one that fits. I need one that can go up to at least 20 inches in diameter. They are hard to find.

plokoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages plokoon
essay2u wrote:How do you change the song you are listening too? Doesn't look like there is any ipod control on the wires... Is it possible that workout headphones don't have a remote?!?!?!?

Yes, tt's possible. No, there's no media control built into these headphones.

beckyh76

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beckyh76

These are awesome for running! I have been waiting for them to come back on. They stay in your ears even while sweating through the Florida summer heat! The wire that wraps around your ears is not bulky and form fits to your ear unlike the plastic clips that other "sport" earphones have. I can put my headband over them to keep my ears warm without any adjusting. They are very comfortable and the sound is good.

Now woot - bring on the refurbished Sansas!

plokoon

shaun40555 wrote:Are these built ay different than their other headphones that go behind the ear, the ones with the mic? I really liked those but they didn't last. The metal wire always broke through the rubber housing. Oh and the rubber tips came off way too easily. Just having them in my pocket I'd get to the gym and there'd be no tip.

The only difference AFAIK is the color of the wire, and that this comes with and extension wire, some wire clips, an armband, and for some reason, a cantilever.

plokoon

genejanke wrote:anyone know how big the neoprene band is? I have not found one that fits. I need one that can go up to at least 20 inches in diameter. They are hard to find.

This one is only 15" end to end. It was one of the main reasons I bought these headphones, but it just barely fits my arm. As such, it's hard to get on, and uncomfortable when running, so I don't use it.

doctharock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages doctharock

Anyone know just how sweatproof these are? When I run I sweat enough to make a horse jealous so I need something that won't short out easily.

amyteg1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amyteg1
beckyh76 wrote:These are awesome for running! I have been waiting for them to come back on. They stay in your ears even while sweating through the Florida summer heat! The wire that wraps around your ears is not bulky and form fits to your ear unlike the plastic clips that other "sport" earphones have. I can put my headband over them to keep my ears warm without any adjusting. They are very comfortable and the sound is good.

Now woot - bring on the refurbished Sansas!

I have been DYING for some Sansa Clips!!!!!! Good to see I'm not the only one!

Might have to pick up a pair of these. My ears are very small and I have a hard time finding earbuds that fit.

drknbeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drknbeer

I'm always looking for good ear buds that fit under my motorcycle helmet. Going to give these a try.

beckyh76

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beckyh76
doctharock wrote:Anyone know just how sweatproof these are? When I run I sweat enough to make a horse jealous so I need something that won't short out easily.

My bf sweats buckets especially in the summer Florida heat while running and these brand of earbuds have lasted him well over a year now. I cannot say as much for the Sansa clips

BillMcNeal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillMcNeal
doctharock wrote:Anyone know just how sweatproof these are? When I run I sweat enough to make a horse jealous so I need something that won't short out easily.

I got a pair of these a few weeks ago off of amazon. At the beginning of my workout. The fit good and sound good, but after about 10 minutes of cardio and I've got a good sweat going, bad stuff starts to happen. The sweat gets in my ears and blocks the sound coming out of the bud (or something is blocking the bud because it gets all muffled) and they start to slip out. Then I spend the next half hour of my cardio workout trying to fit them back in so they are comfortable and I can hear what I'm trying to listen to. If I just go to lift, they are fine, but once I get a sweat going they are useless and annoying.

[color=red]http://www.backshegoes.com The most irreverent Phillies talk on the interwebs![/color]
5/1/2007 Toshiba USB Optical Scroll Mouse – 2 Pack 2
4/27/2007 Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape 3
3/23/2007 Screaming Monkey with Green Woot Cape 1 2/26/2007 H&R Block TaxCut Premium Federal & State on 256MB Thumb Drive 1 1/31/2007 Random Crap 3 1/31/2007 ADS USB 2.0 SimpleTouch Hard Drive Case w/Backup Software

slcecil17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slcecil17

Anybody know the specs on how deep the armband might be? Been looking for a strap that I can fit my galaxy S3 phone in for jogging and cycling. Samsung's marketed pouch seems a little ridiculous, and I can always use new earphones since I go through them as if they were made of tissue paper.

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71

Bought these a couple months ago from Amazon for $30 or so and I'm ordering another pair here. They're pretty good. I've used Sennheiser, Nike, Adidas, blah blah blah. So far, no big issues, but I agree with the people who mentioned sweat. When you have sweat running down your face and into your ears, they do get muffled. You have to pull them out and blow in them to get sound back.
However, in their defense, that's happened to every single pair of fitness earphones I've ever purchased.
The upside, from the Amazon reviews, the company is vigilant in backing up this product by replacing defective purchases. So, for a year, if they stop working, you can send them in for replacements.
At this price, if you work out alot and need some earphones, I'd get a couple. Better than most, even the ones priced at $60 and up. Trust me- I think I've tried them all.

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

rgarnier

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rgarnier

Fairly good review at CNET, with some concern about fit for some people.

CNET earphones review

Chicago71

slcecil17 wrote:Anybody know the specs on how deep the armband might be? Been looking for a strap that I can fit my galaxy S3 phone in for jogging and cycling. Samsung's marketed pouch seems a little ridiculous, and I can always use new earphones since I go through them as if they were made of tissue paper.

I have a Droid Razr Maxx and I can't use the armband. I gave it to my wife so she can put her ipod mini in it. Two issues: It's open on top, so if you sweat, your phone gets wet and if you have a lot of movement, your phone can slip out and end up on the floor. Recommend a better arm band if you're doing more than walking.

"Qui gives a $#!#"

Chicago71

slcecil17 wrote:Anybody know the specs on how deep the armband might be? Been looking for a strap that I can fit my galaxy S3 phone in for jogging and cycling. Samsung's marketed pouch seems a little ridiculous, and I can always use new earphones since I go through them as if they were made of tissue paper.

Here's what I use and it's not too bad.
http://www.amazon.com/Armband-Otterbox-Defender-Tune-Belt/dp/B0056AN7SQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1359732955&sr=8-2&keywords=razr+maxx+armband

"Qui gives a $#!#"

merwhite77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merwhite77

Will this work for my Iphone? It looks like thats what the pic has but just wanted to make sure.

genejanke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genejanke
plokoon wrote:This one is only 15" end to end. It was one of the main reasons I bought these headphones, but it just barely fits my arm. As such, it's hard to get on, and uncomfortable when running, so I don't use it.

Thank you!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

merwhite77 wrote:Will this work for my Iphone? It looks like thats what the pic has but just wanted to make sure.

As long as you don't want to talk to anybody. There's no mic.

For some, that may be a benefit.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

JAM11683

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JAM11683

I have a pair of these earbuds and primarily bought them for the water resistance since I sweat profusely when working out. These have a heavy bass sound which muddles the mids and highs. However, since I primarily use them for working out, I could care less. The tips that came with the package are decent and keep out the sweat (provided you use a tip that is large enough to keep a tight seal with the ear canal). The memory wire does not work well, but doesn't stop you from using the earbuds. For 20 bucks, you'll get a pair of decent (for the money) earbuds, that are somewhat water resistant which will hopefully increase there longevity.

sflorack

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sflorack

Bought these for my wife for Christmas, who likes listening to music while running on the treadmill. In 11 years of marriage, they were the only present my wife has ever returned.. Even I'm the greatest gift-giver ever, or these things truly stink. Audio quality is extremely poor, fit is awkward. Best part of the kit is the case.

revmb04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages revmb04

For the money, these are the best cheap earphones I have ever used. I have 7 of these on hand for in-ear monitors for my band when they inevitably forget their earphones. The multiple ear buds assure a clean seal for the sound and block most exterior sound. The guide wires hold them in place, and the extension cable allows you to have a shorter cable when running or using them actively and the extension for other areas. I highly recommend these especially at this price!

HoupaKing

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HoupaKing
conanthelibrarian wrote:some solid reviews (3.5 out of 5) over at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Headphone-Armband-iPhones-Smartphones/dp/B007IL4ROE

Hey Guys
My name is Kenny, I work for MEELectronics. Most of the bad review came from customers that couldn't get the best fit, so it sounds tiny and falls out.
we have a training video that teaches our customers how to wear it.

[MOD: Embedded the video for you.]

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

HoupaKing

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HoupaKing
merwhite77 wrote:Will this work for my Iphone? It looks like thats what the pic has but just wanted to make sure.

Yes it works with iPhone.

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

fbara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fbara
HoupaKing wrote:Hey Guys
My name is Kenny, I work for MEELectronics. Most of the bad review came from customers that couldn't get the best fit, so it sounds tiny and falls out.
we have a training video that teaches our customers how to wear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDCoDAZjWtA

I bought these from Amazon several months ago. They are, without a doubt, the BEST running headphones I've ever used.

These stay in my ear during my runs, allow me to wear a hat during cold days, and don't block out all outside sounds.

As Kenny stated earlier, it's easy to use the wrong size ear plugs because these ship with a few different sizes. It will be trial-and-error to find the size that fits you best. Once you do find the right size, you'll wonder why you didn't buy these sooner.

I don't work for MEElectronics, I'm just a fan of these headphones.

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
HoupaKing wrote:Yes it works with iPhone.

kenny, can I change songs during my workout? without removing ipod from the sleeve and having to put it back in?
thanks!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

The only earphones that have ever orked or me are Yurbuds....Iron Man version to be specific.

"The older I get the better I was"

adamantandy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamantandy

I want to add that with these buds, the most secure method of wearing them (especially when running or exercise) is to wear them with the wire behind your neck and the sliding piece pushed up so that it lightly pulls on the earbuds, just enough to make them snug against the side of your head. Also make sure to clip the shirt clip on the main wire to your shirt collar so that the wires above aren't pulling or bouncing and moving the sliding piece. It really helps a lot. Again, I HIGHLY recommend getting the memory foam earbud tips from Comply the Tx-200 series are the ones that fit these buds and provide an excellent seal, are extremely comfortable, and don't slip when wet or sweaty because they are not slick like the silicone tips.

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/tx-200/

HenryBarta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HenryBarta

I already got mine a couple days ago and have run twice with them. The battle to keep earbuds in place has been won! I went 5 miles before they even shifted and even then, I could still hear.

I also like that they don't have yards of cable between the earbuds and the jack.

Now I just need an MP3 player that isn't destroyed by my sweat. Two Sansa clip+s so far and a cell phone.