WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Outdoor Speakers: Because F--- Crickets

You know what? I'm sick of having to listen to the outdoors just because I'm outdoors! Rock and roll ain't noise pollution, man! If I wanted to hear a babbling brook I'd hire a landscaper to design one in my backyard!

earitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages earitt

Anybody have a comment on the TIC GS500 Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Omnispeaker? If so, would you recommend buying one or two? TIA.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

This deal is billed as "Outdoor Speakers", but for the record, page 3 of the MusicLites manual clearly states: "Do not use or install this product outdoors", page 2 states: "WARNING
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR ANY DIRECT LIQUIDS!"

Other than that, they're pretty cool! I really like the fact that they can be set to Left, Right, or L+R depending on your needs and the orientation of your room.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

myopeus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myopeus

I was appalled to see "Outdoor Speakers: F__ Crickets. We all know what F____ stands for. A word you wouldn't allow on your forums yet you use it in a title. I am surprised that your parent company Amazon allowed this. Really a sad day for Woot. I thought you guys were better than this.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs
miken927 wrote:This deal is billed as "Outdoor Speakers", but for the record, page 3 of the MusicLites manual clearly states: "Do not use or install this product outdoors", page 2 states: "WARNING
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR ANY DIRECT LIQUIDS!"

Other than that, they're pretty cool! I really like the fact that they can be set to Left, Right, or L+R depending on your needs and the orientation of your room.

wanted to buy the speaker lights and honestly passed over the outdoor speaker sale because of this very reason. looks like i have to wait for these to come back AGAIN.

(>.<)\m/

wootcjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootcjc

I'm not expecting fantastic speaker quality but has anyone heard the 5" Rocks? I can't seem to find any reviews. This would be great matched up with an Airport on my patio. I've passed on it twice. Not sure I can again.

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

F me and the crickets. I bought the Xanatechs for $100 a pair back in June when I was having a pool put in. They didn't finish the pool until December and I still don't have the speakers up.

$150 POOF!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
myopeus wrote:I was appalled to see "Outdoor Speakers: F__ Crickets. We all know what F____ stands for. A word you wouldn't allow on your forums yet you use it in a title. I am surprised that your parent company Amazon allowed this. Really a sad day for Woot. I thought you guys were better than this.

What do you have against the word "French?"

aceyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceyx
myopeus wrote:I was appalled to see "Outdoor Speakers: F__ Crickets. We all know what F____ stands for. A word you wouldn't allow on your forums yet you use it in a title. I am surprised that your parent company Amazon allowed this. Really a sad day for Woot. I thought you guys were better than this.

If this offends you, you may want to get off the internet.

To find the exit, ALT+F4 or ⌘Q

squally47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages squally47

Why is the word "safe" in quotes when describing the power supply? Is it not really safe?

idealreptiles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages idealreptiles

[MOD: Removed their clothes in excitement!]

Music lights looked really cool, if they were 3.5, USB and BT I would be more upset that I missed out on them
Throw in "an app for that" and I would be searching the Bay

ucwino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ucwino

I purchased the outdoor rock, does anyone know how I can get this to work with my iphone? I have called TIC numerous times but am unable to get a call back. Help!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ucwino wrote:I purchased the outdoor rock, does anyone know how I can get this to work with my iphone? I have called TIC numerous times but am unable to get a call back. Help!

Sorry for the late reply, if you're having issues contacting the manufacturer I recommend that you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have with your purchase.

clockmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockmn

Wow are you old enough to even have a credit card to order off of woot!

bibl3man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bibl3man

I just got mine today. Says it comes with a remote....not in the box. No transmitter either! First time I got burnt by WOOT! The only thing this ROCK does is the green light comes on. It definitely is wireless, but this box forgot the main word...USELESS! Not even a place to plug in an audio jack "if" you wanted to! Gonna send this ROCK back!...or may use it as a real expensive ROCK in my garden!

ucwino

Sounds like you received an extension rock instead

bibl3man wrote:I just got mine today. Says it comes with a remote....not in the box. No transmitter either! First time I got burnt by WOOT! The only thing this ROCK does is the green light comes on. It definitely is wireless, but this box forgot the main word...USELESS! Not even a place to plug in an audio jack "if" you wanted to! Gonna send this ROCK back!...or may use it as a real expensive ROCK in my garden!

ucwino

Thanks. I finally got a working number for TIC and they sent another cable....they also noted that they had tested it with an iphone3 and it worked perfectly. Well, I still can't get it to work with my iphone4. I can hook my iphone4 up to other speakers as well as earplugs, so the audio output of my phone isn't the issue. What gives?

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply, if you're having issues contacting the manufacturer I recommend that you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have with your purchase.

jkharms

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkharms

Well play on words... good played. We bought one thinking it could detect iphone yet instead you need to plug it into the adapter. It was a play on the wording that got us bc it did not state wired or wirelessly adapts to iphone, stereos.....