zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3789 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Very good reviews over at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-HTSB600-Audio-Sound-System/dp/B004TPJKEY

nickbuol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickbuol

Runs for about $245 at Amazon, $235 shipped from the cheapest place on the net. Put the positive reviews with it and this looks like a good deal for $175 shipped.

Brigadier of Carolling - 11/17/06, 12/25/06, 1/31/07, 3/23/07, 4/1/07, 6/1/07, 7/12/07, 5/9/08, 11/20/08, 12/25/11 ** SlingBox Classic - 3/29/09 ** SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 x2 - 2/10/08 ** Maximo iM-490S iMetal Stereo Earphones - 1/16/08 ** SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 - 8/30/07 ** Roboraptor (Platinum) - 12/8/06 ** iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter - 3/22/07 ** Downtown Shoot Out - 10/27/09 ** gTablet - 03/05/11 ** Kite Train - 08/23/12 ** Rolu 3 - 12/11/13

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

This system looks good and doesn't compromise sound quality in the process, which makes it ideal for a new flat screen that you want to look nice and sleek by avoiding a bulky entertainment center.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

acraigl

quality posts: 51 Private Messages acraigl

Can someone tell me what that second, not-a-subwoofer box is? Is it the amp? I have a soundbar system already but it only has the bar and sub.

nandaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nandaman

Man. If this was bluetooth - I would be ALL over it.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple

Very interesting - at 1st I was thinking ho hum, just another speaker bar, but...

1) 3 x HDMI connectors? Very handy if you are short of connectors on your TV and don't want a separate multiplier box.
2) AM/FM tuner + remote.
3) I don't normally connect Sharp with sound quality but if the reviews are good...

Combine the above and you've solved some problems, improved the sound vs your crappy internal TV speakers, and eliminated the need to mess with a full blown Receiver.

If you like, plug a Smart (wifi Internet connected) DVD player into this and you're good to go.

(BTW, RE the three pieces, I'm guessing one of the big boxes is the sub woofer and the other is the amp/electronics.)

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Sharp HT-SB600 3.1-Channel Sound Bar Surround System - Price Comparisons

Today's Woot = $169.99 + $5 Shipping (Total $174.99)
Today's Woot offer is $67.39 less than lowest price with shipping found below.

Amzon = $221.19 + $21.19 Shipping (Total $242.38)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008C4H5XG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Buy.com = $226.99 + Ships Free (Total $226.99)
http://www.buy.com/prod/sharp-ht-sb600-3-1-speaker-system-400-w-rms-dolby-digital-dts/220412517.html?listingId=-1

Dell = $249.99 + $25.99 Shipping (Total $275.98)
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A4627911&ST=Home%20Theater%20Audio&dgc=ST&cid=72662&lid=1838866&acd={ifsearch:s}{ifcontent:c}{adtype}dhs000007

***NOTE***
Above prices and suppliers found using a random google search. Your own independent search may find other suppliers with differing and/or lower pricing.

bradgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradgrace
acraigl wrote:Can someone tell me what that second, not-a-subwoofer box is? Is it the amp? I have a soundbar system already but it only has the bar and sub.

It's the receiver. I'm not an expert on sound systems, but it seems like this "sound bar" is just a long speaker, not an all-in-one receiver/speaker like many systems are nowadays (yours included).

blackCompG

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackCompG
conanthelibrarian wrote:Very good reviews over at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-HTSB600-Audio-Sound-System/dp/B004TPJKEY

Thanks so much for providing this, reviews look great overall, and this appeared to originally sell for $400+, I have purchased this as a result (and it looks like I can completely hide this sub behind the dresser on which my tv sits) - Woot!

lateralus1587

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lateralus1587

Thinking of getting this for my living-room projector setup. Budget, apartment living, and the possibility of moving soon have made me hesitant to pick up a full 5.1 system, but I think this looks like a pretty great solution.

I had a question, though. Can the receiver here "pass through" video to the projector? For example, I run HDMI from my Xbox and a laptop (the two main video sources) to this unit, and then an HDMI from the unit to the projector - will the audio and video both work that way?

bucckevin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bucckevin
lateralus1587 wrote:Thinking of getting this for my living-room projector setup. Budget, apartment living, and the possibility of moving soon have made me hesitant to pick up a full 5.1 system, but I think this looks like a pretty great solution.

I had a question, though. Can the receiver here "pass through" video to the projector? For example, I run HDMI from my Xbox and a laptop (the two main video sources) to this unit, and then an HDMI from the unit to the projector - will the audio and video both work that way?

yes it just repeats the hdmi signal. not sure if there's any lag but the reviews appear to be good so I don't think there'd be any lag.

neoperson351

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neoperson351

Is there any way to connect it to an iPod as well as my tv?

Brecken Smith

maci0058

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maci0058
neoperson351 wrote:Is there any way to connect it to an iPod as well as my tv?

Yes. It has a 3.5mm input (typical headphone jack)

msawyer13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages msawyer13

Anyone know if the receiver/amp can be used on it's side such that it will fit in an entertainment center slot? Seems silly to have to stand it up... but I don't want an overheating problem since the directions say to have 4" of clearance on all sides...

Pbparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbparker
bradgrace wrote:It's the receiver. I'm not an expert on sound systems, but it seems like this "sound bar" is just a long speaker, not an all-in-one receiver/speaker like many systems are nowadays (yours included).

You are correct. I own this model, and the soundbar is really a few speakers - but solidly built. The base units are the subwoofer and the receiver/tuner.

Pbparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbparker
msawyer13 wrote:Anyone know if the receiver/amp can be used on it's side such that it will fit in an entertainment center slot? Seems silly to have to stand it up... but I don't want an overheating problem since the directions say to have 4" of clearance on all sides...

I have this unit laying on its side and there aren't any issues. There are no vents on the side or bottom of the unit, so I don't see why it would need 4" on the sides.

There is a single exhaust fan on the back to keep the unit cool - so as long as you'd have air flow from front to back, I imagine it would be fine.

jimsinkorea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimsinkorea

Looks to me like the base and main unit are made out of presswood and that spells chips and vibration noises down the road.

matthewtcarter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewtcarter
bucckevin wrote:yes it just repeats the hdmi signal. not sure if there's any lag but the reviews appear to be good so I don't think there'd be any lag.

I think I read a review that said the amp/receiver had to be turned on for pass-through to work. So keep that in mind.

Also, just a general heads-up: if you are planning on connecting your Xbox 360 to this thing, be aware that older Xbox 360 models do NOT have an HDMI port.

mrcimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrcimo

i bought this and the sound drops then it builds up slowly. this happens once every hour has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution i've hooked it up every possible way and im still getting the same problem. help me please!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mrcimo wrote:i bought this and the sound drops then it builds up slowly. this happens once every hour has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution i've hooked it up every possible way and im still getting the same problem. help me please!

sorry you're having trouble.
have you contacted the manufacturer? might want to get in touch with Sharp while that warranty's all nice & fresh.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mrcimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrcimo
PemberDucky wrote:sorry you're having trouble.
have you contacted the manufacturer? might want to get in touch with Sharp while that warranty's all nice & fresh.

woot is letting me return it

ctruong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctruong

I just opened my package and there is something loose and moving around in the receiver. Don't think this is normal....

Chun Truong

br0wney84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br0wney84
mrcimo wrote:woot is letting me return it

I can't get my sound to work and I triple checked my connections. Do they pay the shipping back?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

br0wney84 wrote:I can't get my sound to work and I triple checked my connections. Do they pay the shipping back?

Sorry for the problems. You might contact Sharp support to see if you're overlooking something. If all else fails, email support@woot.com and they'll give you some options. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items