WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tablets! Tablets! Tablets!

Tablets are laptops that don't require laps! THE SKY'S THE LIMIT! 

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You've been putting it off. Why deprive yourself of these touchable wonders? Do it. You know you want to.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lyman123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lyman123

I have the TF101 - I love the IPS display and the 10.1 inch screen is great for Hulu. Tempted, but can't justify when I already have a working ASUS tablet (even if it is a little old).

osupikapp1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages osupikapp1

Really woot... 4% off of an ipad 3?
Apple even sells the 32 gb ipad 3 for 469... shipped free
wow

Passenger57

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Passenger57

What, no HP Touchpads?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
osupikapp1 wrote:Really woot... 4% off of an ipad 3?
Apple even sells the 32 gb ipad 3 for 469... shipped free
wow

The iPad Woot is selling is new. The price you found was a refurb. I would love to be proven wrong with links though.

wisenekt

This iPad does have the old connector though, the newer of this generation have the A6X chip and the "Lightning" connector.

captain1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captain1

Just bought the t300 last week for $30 more from here. what the heck this week its going for $250. Good deal either way. Not worth the hassle of returning and buying it again! UGH WOOT WOOT!

captain1

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
captain1 wrote:Just bought the t300 last week for $30 more from here. what the heck this week its going for $250. Good deal either way. Not worth the hassle of returning and buying it again! UGH WOOT WOOT!

You may wish to contact support@woot.com and see if they have any options for you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wisenekt wrote:The iPad Woot is selling is new. The price you found was a refurb. I would love to be proven wrong with links though.

I've confirmed that the ones we are selling here are indeed new.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cage017

quality posts: 7 Private Messages cage017

I don't know. It seems like the only way I would get a tablet is if I could also use it as a cell phone. I thought these were suppose to replace laptops yet I don't see HDMI or USB ports.

I don't see the need for a tablet just yet.

wisenekt

ThunderThighs wrote:I've confirmed that the ones we are selling here are indeed new.

Did the iPad sell out or was it pulled? It shows sold out but there are no sales stats.

ncisprobie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncisprobie

its my moms b-day soon and she wants a small tablet lol. Was planning on buying the nexus 7 32 gb, but I see the xyboard here for 269. which would you guys recommend?

ianintheusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianintheusa
cage017 wrote:I thought these were suppose to replace laptops yet I don't see HDMI or USB ports.

The Asus has micro HDMI, the Motorolas all have micro HDMI and micro USB, and the Velocity, Sony and Polaroid all have micro USB

thunderdog

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thunderdog
cage017 wrote:I don't know. It seems like the only way I would get a tablet is if I could also use it as a cell phone. I thought these were suppose to replace laptops yet I don't see HDMI or USB ports.

I don't see the need for a tablet just yet.

actually you can use them as free VOIP phones. Pretty easy to setup if you are at all computerologically inclined. A quick google search on "anrdroid free voip" should get you started. So while not truly a "cell phone" more like a free wifi phone.

parrothead81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parrothead81

So maybe this is a stupid question, but uh...what color is the refurb TF300T that's currently available?

I'm buying one regardless, but want to make sure I order the matching keyboard dock...

acraigl

quality posts: 45 Private Messages acraigl

Decent deal on the Xyboard 8.2. $301.00 on the Mothership (amazon)

stipo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stipo

Just wanna throw my two cents in, that mini Bluetooth keyboard is great if you have a use for it. It's solid and they keys are "clicky" and not "mushy". About the size of a credit card, albeit thicker. Only downside is it uses USB mini instead of USB micro.

I haven't tried it with a desktop OS but it has Windows keys on it. Works great with Android.

Hmm

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
stipo wrote:Just wanna throw my two cents in, that mini Bluetooth keyboard is great if you have a use for it. It's solid and they keys are "clicky" and not "mushy". About the size of a credit card, albeit thicker. Only downside is it uses USB mini instead of USB micro.

I haven't tried it with a desktop OS but it has Windows keys on it. Works great with Android.

Yea, I can see by the size of the USB plug next to it that it's small, but specs say 8" x 3" x 2" and that's double what it looks like! Was going to buy if 8" long, but looks like a credit card... and how can it be 2" thick?? That makes no sense...

SlaunchaMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SlaunchaMan

I’m pretty sure, based on the sales stats, there were exactly two of these Polaroid tablets available.

mnuahs

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mnuahs
scotttampa wrote:Yea, I can see by the size of the USB plug next to it that it's small, but specs say 8" x 3" x 2" and that's double what it looks like! Was going to buy if 8" long, but looks like a credit card... and how can it be 2" thick?? That makes no sense...

8"x3"x2" is probably the dimensions of the box it ships in.. Grandmax doesn't seem to list the dimensions for it at all. Wal-Mart has dimensions listed on theier website, but I don't think they're correct either. It has it at 8.25"x1.8"x8.0". All of the reviews of it I've seen have been fairly positive though.

karlmarx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karlmarx

Has anyone heard if the Sony Tablet P is AT&T branded or the Sony box?

I'm not sure how true this is but I heard the AT&T branded ones may not have the ability to upgrade(w/o rooting) to ICS compared to the Sony boxed.

Can anyone confirm?

halfjapanesegirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages halfjapanesegirl
stipo wrote:Just wanna throw my two cents in, that mini Bluetooth keyboard is great if you have a use for it. It's solid and they keys are "clicky" and not "mushy". About the size of a credit card, albeit thicker. Only downside is it uses USB mini instead of USB micro.

I can't get it to pair with my Incredible 2. It says "paired but not connected" and won't type anything when I open up a message or word doc. Works great with my ipod, but I wanted to use it with a computer at home and I can't get that to work either. It pairs but nothing happens when I press the keys. Are there other drivers I can use? All that came on my CD are "Nokia Wireless Keyboard Application" and "Windows Mobile" drivers.

jchkao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jchkao

Good afternoon Wooters! Has anyone received their Sony tablet yet? I received what I thought would be the tablet and the case, but it turned out it was just the case, (sigh!). Woot had similar problems with the regular Sony tablet a while back where Wooters were only receiving the cases while the actual tablet came much later. I hope to receive the actual tablet soon.

karlmarx

jchkao wrote:Good afternoon Wooters! Has anyone received their Sony tablet yet? I received what I thought would be the tablet and the case, but it turned out it was just the case, (sigh!). Woot had similar problems with the regular Sony tablet a while back where Wooters were only receiving the cases while the actual tablet came much later. I hope to receive the actual tablet soon.

Had the same thing today- just the case arrived. I emailed them and got a prompt response saying they will give tracking #s as soon as they ship. I was not given an ETA.

swdesertlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swdesertlover

Haven't received anything yet; still says it's awaiting shipment, but they charged my credit card on January 30th! I also emailed customer service, but they could not provide any additional info, no time frame, etc. Ugh!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
swdesertlover wrote:Haven't received anything yet; still says it's awaiting shipment, but they charged my credit card on January 30th! I also emailed customer service, but they could not provide any additional info, no time frame, etc. Ugh!

Turns out they emailed you yesterday - you may want to check your spam folder to see if the reply fell in there. Do let us know!

I'm just hanging out, really.

swdesertlover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swdesertlover
inkycatz wrote:Turns out they emailed you yesterday - you may want to check your spam folder to see if the reply fell in there. Do let us know!

I did receive an email yesterday from support staff at Woot and appreciate the quick response, but it only said "I'm sorry for the delay, but unfortunately, we're not able to provide any updated information on your order just yet, as it's being shipped by one of our vendors. Once it ships you'll receive the tracking information via email." I've checked my inbox and spam to see if there were any other emails from Woot or the vendor but do not see anything. I was hoping to have this to take with me when I travel next week, but now I don't even know when it will ship.

karlmarx

inkycatz wrote:Turns out they emailed you yesterday - you may want to check your spam folder to see if the reply fell in there. Do let us know!

Do you guys know an ETA on the Sony Tablet P's shipping? It's been over a week and not a word.

ThunderThighs

Staff

karlmarx wrote:Do you guys know an ETA on the Sony Tablet P's shipping? It's been over a week and not a word.

You should see a tracking number in STUFF YOU BOUGHT. Looking at the tracking, it looks like it was delivered Wednesday.

FORUM MODERATOR

karlmarx

ThunderThighs wrote:You should see a tracking number in STUFF YOU BOUGHT. Looking at the tracking, it looks like it was delivered Wednesday.

Just like someone else had posted, I too thought that's what I was tracking but it turned out to only be the case. I emailed Woot! regarding this and I was told it will ship in a separate order.

Do you have any idea when the actual tablets will ship out?

karlmarx

ThunderThighs wrote:You should see a tracking number in STUFF YOU BOUGHT. Looking at the tracking, it looks like it was delivered Wednesday.

I should have realized that it was just the case when I look back at shipping details at item dimensions 9x6x1.

ThunderThighs

Staff

karlmarx wrote:Just like someone else had posted, I too thought that's what I was tracking but it turned out to only be the case. I emailed Woot! regarding this and I was told it will ship in a separate order.

Do you have any idea when the actual tablets will ship out?

No but I'll email in to check. Just FYI, residential FedEx (if used) doesn't update stuff on Mondays so it might be Tuesday before you see an update.

FORUM MODERATOR

karlmarx

ThunderThighs wrote:No but I'll email in to check. Just FYI, residential FedEx (if used) doesn't update stuff on Mondays so it might be Tuesday before you see an update.

If you find out an update please let me know. I'll keep an eye out for a tracking # as well early this week.

karlmarx

ThunderThighs wrote:No but I'll email in to check. Just FYI, residential FedEx (if used) doesn't update stuff on Mondays so it might be Tuesday before you see an update.

It's been nearly 2 weeks and still not a word on receiving or tracking the actual tablet itself. What is going on?