WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Charge It

How do you turn electricity into time? Simple. Run it through something called a "charger." That's where electricity goes from being voltage to being hours of battery life. Sounds like complicated piece of machinery that would be hard to find, right? WRONG! In fact, we got tons of em, RIGHT HERE!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

I like to make little nibbling sounds when I connect my devices to their chargers. "Nom nom nom," says the hungry mobile phone. "Chomp chomp chomp," goes the hungry tablet.
I am so alone.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

brassicaplant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brassicaplant

Would anybody be able to providetheir experience and opinion on the 12V 250W Power Inverter?

I had one in the past that only lasted for a couple of months before it stopped working on me.

Thanks!

LilAtomicX10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LilAtomicX10
brassicaplant wrote:Would anybody be able to providetheir experience and opinion on the 12V 250W Power Inverter?

I had one in the past that only lasted for a couple of months before it stopped working on me.

Thanks!

I bought one of these a while back and it doesn't work all that great. At first I used to as a wall charger for my iPhone and it did just fine for a week or so, but I noticed that it didn't charge the internal battery. I then decided to use it as a car charger and it didn't work at all. So I stopped using it, but the cord that it comes with is nice enough to keep handy.

mnuahs

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mnuahs

As it's been mentioned before, it's still worth repeating.. The charger that comes with the eneloop batteries in this deal is not a smart charger. It will not turn off when your batteries have finished charging.

So while the batteries are nice, the charger isn't so hot. If you have a charger I'd skip this deal and just get an 8 pack on amazon for less. Plus, free shipping if you order $6 more of stuff from Amazon. You could buy a real battery charger instead..

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2
mnuahs wrote:As it's been mentioned before, it's still worth repeating.. The charger that comes with the eneloop batteries in this deal is not a smart charger. It will not turn off when your batteries have finished charging.

So while the batteries are nice, the charger isn't so hot. If you have a charger I'd skip this deal and just get an 8 pack on amazon for less. Plus, free shipping if you order $6 more of stuff from Amazon. You could buy a real battery charger instead..

+1. Batteries that nice shouldnt be put in a charger that cheap. Of course they arent my batteries, so you can do whatever you want with them. They will probably hold out okay despite the basic charger, they just wont retain their capacity for long.

tankstew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tankstew

The Rally Charger is not worth the plastic used to make it. I bought one a while back from a local retail outlet and the power out of it was so dirty that my laptop would not even work when plugged into it. The USB charger port stopped working the second time I tried to use it.

alextse

quality posts: 23 Private Messages alextse

I wish Woot would have a deal on straight Eneloop batteries. I'd be all over it. Eneloop AA are considered a deal at $2 each so the extra is all going towards the charger which is nothing special. If you're going to start stockpiling rechargeables (like once you have kids) then you might as well invest in a quality smart charger as well.

So sadly I'll have to skip on these Eneloops as the charger is just going to waste. BTW, the sparkly batteries do have a higher retail price but seriously who cares if your batteries, which are normally packed away inside a device, are sparkly?

Straight Eneloop battery deal please.

ibobafett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibobafett
alextse wrote:
Straight Eneloop battery deal please.

100% agree with you. I love Eneloop, bought a pack of AA/AAA about half a year ago, and they're the best I've run across. Wish WOOT would hurry up and do a deal on just the batteries, rather than repeat the same battery deals every week

Also, what charger DO you guys recommend for recharging Eneloop batteries? I need to get a good charger, I just have those cheapy ones.

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray
ibobafett wrote:100% agree with you. I love Eneloop, bought a pack of AA/AAA about half a year ago, and they're the best I've run across. Wish WOOT would hurry up and do a deal on just the batteries, rather than repeat the same battery deals every week

Also, what charger DO you guys recommend for recharging Eneloop batteries? I need to get a good charger, I just have those cheapy ones.

Pretty much any NiMH smart charger will do. You want individual channel control! (It will charge 1, 3, etc. batteries at a time because it treats them as single cells. This one pairs the cells & if they're mismatched they won't charge correctly.)

The "gold standard" charger is the Maha Powerex C9000. I think any of the Maha chargers are good, that model has the most features and any feature you'd ever need for AA or AAA batteries. Another highly recommended charger is the LaCrosse BC700. If you're patient you can often find better deals from the usual suspects (Amazon, Newegg, etc.) but Thomas Distributing specializes in batteries, usually has good prices, and has been very helpful to lots of folks.

[Edit to change link to cheaper C9000 option.]

oneleftshoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneleftshoe

What do you thing about the iGo batteries? About $2 more than Amazon but you get 8 more AA's so it is a good deal if the batteries and charger is any good.

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik

Anyone have experience with the revolt all in one charger?

harpia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harpia

Rally inverter appears to be useless. Will not power a laptop. This unit is sold in amazon in a 500w version and the reviewer said it burned up first use. The same with a 200w version marketed by B&D, with terrible reviews (bad USB, no power, unresponsive on/off). I wonder how many are coming back, I am returning it! Soon on sale as refurbished!!!