WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you going to use Kim Dotcom’s new site, Mega?
  • 7.9% - Yes! 120
  • 3.4% - Going to? I already am. 52
  • 11% - No, too risky. 168
  • 5.2% - No, I disagree with filesharing. 80
  • 72.4% - Who and the what, now? 1104
1524 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I was hoping to find out what exactly it is by reading the comments. Fail, fellow WOOT'ers. Fail.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

sharkbiteax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkbiteax
fuzzypeaches wrote:I was hoping to find out what exactly it is by reading the comments. Fail, fellow WOOT'ers. Fail.

Fail how? @rprebel said all that is needed to know. If, that is, you bothered to take the time.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
fuzzypeaches wrote:I was hoping to find out what exactly it is by reading the comments. Fail, fellow WOOT'ers. Fail.

File sharing site. Can be used for very legitimate purposes and in fact when the US took the servers from New Zealand (without proper authority to do so), many US government people had files on those servers. While there were copyrighted materials on the servers, that was more the exception than the norm. In NZ Kim DotCom had all charges dropped, his search found unconstitutional by the NZ supreme court and he is headed back to startup another large file sharing service called Mega (previous was Mega Upload). Hope that helps.

I'd use it if I found the need.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I've been following the debut on gizmodo, and haven't decided if I need it or not. Gizmodo has their favorites, but they are newsworthy when it comes to tech stuff.

stooterboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stooterboy
SumDuud wrote:File sharing site. Can be used for very legitimate purposes and in fact when the US took the servers from New Zealand (without proper authority to do so), many US government people had files on those servers. While there were copyrighted materials on the servers, that was more the exception than the norm. In NZ Kim DotCom had all charges dropped, his search found unconstitutional by the NZ supreme court and he is headed back to startup another large file sharing service called Mega (previous was Mega Upload). Hope that helps.

I'd use it if I found the need.

The old Mega servers were in the US and Canada not NZ. I use to work on them everyday, replacing bad drives.
Can't say any more.

docjroberts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages docjroberts

how come there's not a neutral answer of "I know what it is and I'm not against it, I just don't care XD"

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

Is there something special about it that sets it apart from other file sharing sites? There are quite a few to choose from these days...