WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you listen to music during the day?
  • 19.7% - iPod/Zune/mp3 player of some sort 355
  • 8.9% - iTunes/WinAmp/Songbird/media player of some kind 161
  • 31.6% - Spotify/Pandora/Last.FM/streaming service of some kind 569
  • 7.2% - Sirius/XM/satellite radio 130
  • 18.6% - Just a regular radio. Remember that? Anybody? 335
  • 13.8% - I don’t listen to music through the day. Woe is me. 249
1799 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Ummmm…how about through a hi-fi stereo system. Mostly vinyl, but I have a music server as well, mostly lossless and 24 bit.

davidmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill

Stereo.

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik

VLC & FLACS

NavyStore

quality posts: 4 Private Messages NavyStore

Sirius in my Jeep on my commute, and since CBS radio decides to change AM1090 from Progressive Talk to sports chat, I'm considering adding Android/Internet access to get MSNBC and Sirius Left during my day. For now, I'm using MP3'son my cell and the Pandora and IHeartRadio apps.

cata32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cata32

on my PC via WinAmp .. music that I downloaded :legally ..:D " or radio s online from the Shoutcast.com ...

PolarisKale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PolarisKale

Sirius/XM if I'm home eating up my own bandwidth. iTunes if I'm in my main office or my remote office (aka "Starbucks") so I don't hog the network while blocking out some of the distraction. Being ADHD, I'm ... SQUIRREL!!!

seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff

I work I use my ipod, but at home its the stereo with uncompressed audio...

aphroat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aphroat

Audiobooks via iTunes (I know, hipsterism) on my desktop.

lizardman175

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizardman175

MP3 player, Rhapsody, and Pandora. Rare occasions the radio if my MP3 player is dead and I don't feel like streaming Pandora on my phone/MP3 dies mid drive

offgridmanpolktn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages offgridmanpolktn

You really like to make a person feel old don't you woot. My preference isn't even considered. Well in order to have quality music loud enough to be heard over the tools in the shop the studio monitors are out there but the music comes from the 7 disc CD carousel and amp in the house. This way at lunchtime or tea breaks if my preferences have changed or it's looking to be a really long day just change out the discs.

hamiltwan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hamiltwan

http://turntable.fm/music_monday_wootcom

Streaming music on a social site with fellow Wooters.

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

Depends on my mood. Either Pandora or my own music on foobar2000.

kimcee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kimcee

Slacker radio - so much better than Pandora.

BradyChan7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BradyChan7

I used to use Grooveshark (essentially it's Spotify without ad interruptions or anything to download), but lately I've been using Turntable.fm almost exclusively. Because the only thing better than Spotify is Multiplayer Spotify.

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

Thanks for the Zune shoutout. It's still the best mp3 player nobody bought.

dbullockjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbullockjr

AIMP2 (not AIMP3-doesn't work well for me) at work, playing songs I've ripped from CD or vinyl at home and stored on a USB drive. Why the USB? They won't give me a decent-sized hard drive, but they'll let me plug in a flash drive.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

I bought the other one! Lol. Actually I bought the orginal 30gig brick from Woot, bought my wife a 2nd gen 8gb, and currently I have a Zune HD that I use, mostly for Audiobooks. I listen to my podcasts on my HD7S WP7. That's right, I bought 3 Zunes, and use the Zune software on my phone and computer.

highonpez wrote:Thanks for the Zune shoutout. It's still the best mp3 player nobody bought.

jeffshinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffshinn

Amazon's cloud player wherever I go. It works on phone, computer, Roku, Bluetooth my phone in the car...20 bucks and unlimited music storage!

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib

Beats me! I only have 2 30G Zunes I bought on Woot years ago. One black one for me and one white one for my wife. They get lots of use, mostly podcasts, but the batteries do not last all day anymore. Zune software on Home desktop and laptop and on work desktop to keep them updated and charged. Almost bought the HD version but could not justify the price at the time.

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib

How about the music (and voices) in my head? The foil helps!

bargainbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbourne

I voted for the third one, interpreting "streaming service" to include Youtube ;)

shireeniebeanie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shireeniebeanie

Whoa--what workplace still allows people to stream anything, since it takes up valuable bandwidth?

rebel9884

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebel9884

Slacker Radio via iPhone ftw.