WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle it On!

You guys, we're selling a super-advanced audio device here. It's called a Ukelele! It's completely wireless! You can use it anywhere and you never need to charge it! How amazing is that?!?! Oh, also, some other stuff from Pyle Audio too.
Pyle official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

All these electronic gizmos and I'm all "tenor ukelele!" (because usually you just see soprano ukes).

You may discuss what is wrong with me, and potentially why I should be looking at the other items instead, below.

I'm just hanging out, really.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

Don't mind me, I'm just here to watch people freak out about the cheap phonograph. I even brought popcorn!

johnnychez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnychez

How does your ukelele work if it is wireless - what do you strum?

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

nothing fantastic about any of the prices in this sale. all the ones I checked against amazon were only a few dollars difference.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

mnuahs

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mnuahs

I'm pretty sure that if you're looking for a phono amp, none of the Pyle models are of reasonable quality. Good amps list their RIAA equalization specs. If it's not stated - it doesn't do it. You're better off picking up an appropriate model over at Phonopreamps.com. Audacity is free so it's not like they're giving you special software either. Use the line in jack on your sound card and a TC-450/750 and I think you'll be much happier. You won't be suddenly wondering why the bass has been cut and the treble is off the scale.

Don't get me wrong here, Pyle makes some decent stuff. Even though they often overstate the specifications of their products.

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

I read a few reviews on Amazon for the PHSA5 speaker set, seems to be a mixed bag, a lot of folks complained of either humming noises from the sub or speakers, or the sound quality was poor. $100 is a pretty good price for a full set, anyone else own this or other Pyle speakers and could corroborate these claims?

nickroxas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickroxas

Whats the word on the Pyle Bluetooth Soundbar? Is it worth the money? How is the sound quality? Can it be connected to a computer via USB? Thanks in advance

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

Can the tenor uke be used to play the Arrested Development theme? That's really all I need to know to make my decision.

night28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages night28

I'm interested in the bluetooth soundbar too. =) It would be great if anyone had anything to say about the sound quality and how reliable the bluetooth connection is.

cal2005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cal2005
nickroxas wrote:Whats the word on the Pyle Bluetooth Soundbar? Is it worth the money? How is the sound quality? Can it be connected to a computer via USB? Thanks in advance

I bought it last time it was on woot and I'm happy with it. I generally use it connected to my TV
via RCA and my phone via bluetooth. Both sound good to me. I haven't tried USB yet, but there's definitely a USB jack.

My only complaint is the size (but I know it's my fault for not measuring before buying). It's not the kind of sound bar you can just throw in front of a TV. It takes up a good amount of space in all dimensions.

nickroxas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickroxas

Is the Pyle Pro PCMX265W Battery Powered Portable PA System a good system? It looks amazing with lots of great features...I am trying to decide whether I should spend the extra $55 for it instead of the bluetooth soundbar. Opinions?

onefastbob

quality posts: 2 Private Messages onefastbob
nickroxas wrote:Is the Pyle Pro PCMX265W Battery Powered Portable PA System a good system? It looks amazing with lots of great features...I am trying to decide whether I should spend the extra $55 for it instead of the bluetooth soundbar. Opinions?

Pile or Pyle = CRAP. They build what I would consider to be low quality electronics. Certainly Pyle has items that work just fine, but they are at the low end of the price scale and usually you get what you pay for. Buyer beware!

blzbro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blzbro

I bought the 12" powered two-way pa speaker last time, and it will rock, I think you would like the Pyle Pro PPHP103MU 10" 600W Powered Two-Way PA Speaker

boldcopy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boldcopy

I just received my Pro PPHP103MU and ran it through its paces. First, dig this, Pyle updated the specs -- it's 800W, not 600. This is printed on both the packaging and the included manual, and yes, it's the Pro PPHP103MU. It does not include a mic, but it does include a remote. This thing really cranks, and the sound is clear if your signal isn't compromised. I first tested it with my electric piano, then connected my Android headphone jack to the iPhone-labeled line-in (love the irony). I use PowerAmp on my phone, so with the software's EQ, I was able to mix in the perfect amount of bass - sounded great through the Pyle. This little cabinet delivers, and the price is right. It's relatively compact, too.

sixgun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sixgun

I bought the PHPNC45 active noise reduction head phones. They sound like the speakers are blown and when I try to call the manufacturer they will not answer the phone (called several times between 10 am and 2 pm central time)The phone message says to please leave a message but then it says the voice mailbox is full and hangs up on me. I am very disappointed. Hopefully woot will authorize a return (don't know how to do that) because returning the item to the manufacturer is not an option

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sixgun wrote:I bought the PHPNC45 active noise reduction head phones. They sound like the speakers are blown and when I try to call the manufacturer they will not answer the phone (called several times between 10 am and 2 pm central time)The phone message says to please leave a message but then it says the voice mailbox is full and hangs up on me. I am very disappointed. Hopefully woot will authorize a return (don't know how to do that) because returning the item to the manufacturer is not an option

support@woot.com is who you need

I'm just hanging out, really.