3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3528 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

For those who want to do some more research on this, here is the user's manual.

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/images/uploads/CA-3488m.pdf

7wootboy45

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 7wootboy45

10% Total Harmonic Distortion.

That's Hendrix levels.

potatonet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potatonet

Been through two sets of these units after buying them from newegg back in the day.

If the amp doesnt die first... then the potentiometer for the controls will!

ERR... Div/0 = DNE

wethouse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wethouse

these are complete crap I don't understand why you keep offering them. bought them in a previous woot deal and they went straight in the dumpster.

the speakers give an awful almost filtered sound that you'd expect from those speakers you just get in a pair and plug right in to the headphone jack.

the subwoofer is nothing substantial at all. I have a pair of creative speakers that cost $25 that absolutely crush these things. save your money. spend $5 more and get something of quality.

stop offering these things, they suck.

slambo001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slambo001

Very disappointed with the sound quality. Muted sound and hardly any base from the subwoofer.

Avarik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Avarik

Used to work at a retail store that sells this brand of speakers.
They're kind of not good.

comstock1869

quality posts: 1 Private Messages comstock1869
slambo001 wrote:Very disappointed with the sound quality. Muted sound and hardly any base from the subwoofer.

These are complete crap I don't understand why you keep offering them. bought them in a previous woot deal and they went straight in the dumpster.

Cause we gots kajillions of them to hock on you gullible Obongo lover types.

dangobears

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dangobears

I just want to thank all of those who have posted. I need speakers for my office PC. These do not sound like they are worth it.

bkozel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkozel
dangobears wrote:I just want to thank all of those who have posted. I need speakers for my office PC. These do not sound like they are worth it.

ditto-thnx.

Brian J Kozel

retlaw127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retlaw127

Look at these, instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Power-EM-2-1-Multimedia-System/dp/B005XSXB5U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

twetterneck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twetterneck
retlaw127 wrote:Look at these, instead.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Power-EM-2-1-Multimedia-System/dp/B005XSXB5U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

thanks, look good

tennaub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tennaub

The old saying that You get what you pay for, takes on a whole new meaning with this junk. Besides, I needed to practice my HTML use here.

ellard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellard

This is the first time I've seen speakers with peek power. That's a power most speakers simply don't have.

rbivt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbivt

Here they are on Amazon for $10 more - pretty good reviews there
http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Computer-Speakers-CA-3090/dp/B00006B9W1

[MOD: Different model number. We're selling the CA-3488]

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
potatonet wrote:Been through two sets of these units after buying them from newegg back in the day.

ERR... Div/0 = DNE

You are right on. I bought a set of these for my wife's computer, the amp died after 2 years, and she barely used them. At best they sounded average, but I paid like $20 so I couldn't complain about the sound.

rbivt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbivt
rbivt wrote:Here they are on Amazon for $10 more - pretty good reviews there
http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Computer-Speakers-CA-3090/dp/B00006B9W1

[MOD: Different model number. We're selling the CA-3488]

Sorry Just noticed that: here's the actual one but no reviews and more expensive:
http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-CA3488-Satellite-2-1ch/dp/B00AC515RA/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358775157&sr=1-7&keywords=CA-3488+cyber+acoustics

pcate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pcate

Bought these for the kitchen for something to play iPod songs. Really not good.

bradw76

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bradw76

If these have 40 watts peek power, you probably don't want these in your bedroom or bathroom.

By the way, what's the peak power?

ranscobia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ranscobia

For $15 more you can get the CA-3550 shipped free from Amazon. More power and bigger sub. I have a set of CA-3550 2.1 speakers connected to a projector to watch movies out doors. They sound great and the price is right.

bartdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartdog
potatonet wrote:Been through two sets of these units after buying them from newegg back in the day.

ERR... Div/0 = DNE

I concur. These things are crap. Got two sets on black friday and they don't last.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
slambo001 wrote:Very disappointed with the sound quality. Muted sound and hardly any base from the subwoofer.

I diagree, this subwoofer makes great base on which to place your pint of Bass Ale.

Bass, however, is something it sorely lacks.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

GetITCdot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GetITCdot

as everyone else has stated: these speakers are awful. I owned a pair for about 3 months before they went to complete crap. save your cash.

Hey guess what?... I hate you.

wagnerism2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagnerism2

The first bullet:

"Built with durability in mind, the CA-3488 2.1 stereo speaker system is perfect for just about anywhere."

I guess if you actually are building it with zero durability, you're technically building it with durability in mind.

With the above posts in mind, at what point do we disregard all that is written about products? Then we can only rely on reviews full of shills, one-star ratings because of a shipping problem, five-star ratings because it actually showed up in a box, and ones with links to dating sites?

I have seen Woot! descriptions that directly state that the product for sale is of low quality. I had more trust in their descriptions based on that. Not anymore.

Yes, it is cheap. Yes, it is probably crap. At least be honest and tell us - or sell stuff that doesn't need such blunt honesty.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

This is the speaker equivalent of the King of Shaves

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks

I have a set of these speakers. They are serviceable in sound quality for maybe about $10. The MSRP of $79.99 is a total joke. As far as sound quality goes, highs are harsh, mids are muddled, and lows sound empty, soundstage is virtually non-existent. 10% total harmonic distortion is more like 30%. All in all, if you tap your fingers on the subwoofer itself, you're likely to get a similar quality in bass reproduction.

Most tell-tale sign of poor audio quality? On the user manual itself, troubleshooting advises the following: if sound is distorted, turn your volume down. If still distorted, turn your system volume down.

Really?

Stay away.

I am not responsible for this post.

aqueousflame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aqueousflame
gak0090 wrote:This is the speaker equivalent of the King of Shaves

Made me lol.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

Less terrible than my laptop speakers. Thumbs up for that!

When I got them the left one was snapped off the base, but I was able to glue it back together.

I'd rate 2/5

/edit: the thing that bugs me the most is the on light is a blue led that can illuminate my entire room.

optomacsr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages optomacsr
bkozel wrote:ditto-thnx.

ditto again. Thanks guys. Saved me $20.

afkrypto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages afkrypto
wethouse wrote:these are complete crap I don't understand why you keep offering them. bought them in a previous woot deal and they went straight in the dumpster.

the speakers give an awful almost filtered sound that you'd expect from those speakers you just get in a pair and plug right in to the headphone jack.

the subwoofer is nothing substantial at all. I have a pair of creative speakers that cost $25 that absolutely crush these things. save your money. spend $5 more and get something of quality.

stop offering these things, they suck.

Well, what do you expect from the price? These are hardly studio quality, but they'd be perfect for listening to some music at work.

vibes4me

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vibes4me

I am thinking for 19.00 you shouldn't set your expectations very high...

afkrypto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages afkrypto
clanecks wrote:
Most tell-tale sign of poor audio quality? On the user manual itself, troubleshooting advises the following: if sound is distorted, turn your volume down. If still distorted, turn your system volume down.

Really?

Stay away.

That troubleshooting guide is legit. There's a phenomenon that occurs in modern solid-state amplifiers known as clipping, where the incoming audio signal is too much for the amplifier to handle, so the output gets messed up. Instead of seeing a smooth sine wave on the output audio, you see a smooth curve up and then a flat table until the audio level drops. Some amplifiers cause the issues that a lot of people are describing with these speakers when it comes to sound quality, while others get to that point and unleash the most evil screeching sound you've ever heard.

redjeep0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redjeep0

I thought for sure one of those links was going to be a RickRoll. Especially when the first one said, "Gotcha." DMB is not a bad choice, though.

mtcanty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtcanty

Looks exactly like the set of Insignia speakers I have (paid $25 @ Best Buy). I've had them for about 4 years. Maybe not audiophile quality, but they're durable and reliable. I just have them for watching Netflix and listening to light tunes while I woot.

mooingrhinoceros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooingrhinoceros

Saw two speakers and a subwoofer with standard aux inputs and outputs and impulsively ordered these. Decided to read the discussion after ordering them and had immediate buyer's remorse. Promptly sent an e-mail to Woot! support asking to cancel my order, but it was too late and it had already shipped (but they told me I could refuse delivery and get a refund).

Got them yesterday and really, they're not bad. I paid $25 for these and they're well worth that. I'm no audiophile; I was just looking for something to play my music louder and these work fine. They could still blow up, break, whatever, but my overall first impression is positive.

reyescynt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reyescynt

I see a lot of bad comments but for 20$ this was actually a good deal. You can adjust the bass to your preference and they are perfect for my office.
I give them a 5 star.

reyescynt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reyescynt
dangobears wrote:I just want to thank all of those who have posted. I need speakers for my office PC. These do not sound like they are worth it.

I bougth these for my office and I think that for 20 bucks, they are just fine.

tgordo22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgordo22

I really like them .... great sound!