4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Let's hear from some of you Wooters that bought this previously.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kjack83435

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kjack83435

Purchased one the last time, and the only problem I have found is the speaker has to be close to Your wireless router to work flawlessly. The sound is great, and I am pleased enough to be in for one again this time

hoffstar31

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hoffstar31

I bought this back in December when it was on here last. Sound quality is fantastic for the size, plenty of volume for the space. It compares favorably to my Boston Acoustics Iduo alarm, (which is way more than a normal alarm ipod dock). It does seem kind of fragile, as the front grill has already popped off, and I occasionally have problems connecting it using the airplay feature, though it normally works well. Could be my network. I couldn't get it to work on my office network, but that could be due to some additional firewalls we have.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
kjack83435 wrote:Purchased one the last time, and the only problem I have found is the speaker has to be close to Your wireless router to work flawlessly. The sound is great, and I am pleased enough to be in for one again this time

How close?

Marvin6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marvin6

I bought this about 1-2 months ago. The sound is good, but I can't get the wireless to work with anything but Itunes on my laptop, even that wasn't easy. Also it stopped working there now too, so I suspect I will have to repeat the startup process that took me more than a ½ hour. Before it stopped working I tried to connect with Ipod touch 4gen, but it wouldn't. I don't recommend this. It is too expensive for wired speaker, and wireless operation seems flakey at best.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3651 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

found a video review for you folks.

[MOD: Embedded the video]

kjack83435

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kjack83435
NedDawg wrote:How close?

I found it to be approx. 30'

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

Does it work with Android?

oneortwo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages oneortwo

I've had mine for around a month now and after struggling a little with the initial set up, I haven't had any trouble with connecting to the Audyssey, even though I alternate using it with my iPhone, iPad and computer. I still feel like it has a bit too much bass (wish there was a way to adjust to personal tastes), but other than that I really love it. Also great for listening to audiobooks, sports talk, NPR, etc. I'm toying with getting another for my office.

thailar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thailar

I bought two of these last time and I have to say I am so pleased with them. What an incredible value, I cannot imagine another speaker like this at this price that could even come close to this speakers sound quality.

Someone mentioned the range being poor, I would say that it is less than a laptop and about equal to an iPhone or iPod touch's wifi range, but it needs a steady connection, so if your iPhone's wifi sometimes cuts out in a room then the speaker won't work well.

The other thing is that I wouldn't call the sound balanced. I find them somewhat bass heavy, which some people might like, but I do kind of wish that the bass was a little less heavy. The sound quality and volume still, is pretty awesome for such a small speaker.

Lastly, Apple's iOS AirPlay implementation is pretty... slow. Streaming from iTunes works pretty well, but from iOS it takes anywhere from 3-7 seconds to start playing a song. If you don't mind sacrificing some sound quality and you already have a good speaker system, you might try a bluetooth adapter instead. Once setup it works the same way as airplay on your iPhone.

Overall it's really an incredible value at this price if you are in the market for a good speaker.

jeffaudyssey

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeffaudyssey
Kanabis wrote:Does it work with Android?

It can through the 3.5 audio jack, but not wirelessly.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

Yes- Twonky

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pv.twonkyremote&hl=en

I think you need twonky beam installed also- here is some info

http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topics/how_do_i_play_music_from_android_phone_to_airplay_speaker

There is nothing an Apple device can do that Android can't.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
jeffaudyssey wrote:It can through the 3.5 audio jack, but not wirelessly.

Android can do airplay to speaker with this app

http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topics/how_do_i_play_music_from_android_phone_to_airplay_speaker

Actually there may be more apps that can do it, this is the first one I came across.

Here is a link to some more
http://www.ekoob.com/6-android-apps-for-airplay-dlna-11510/

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 882001

why not just buy an airport express? save 39 bucks and use your home stereo. i bought an extra one to use with pa speakers.

clydemnestra2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clydemnestra2

Sorry, but could someone explain the difference between this and Audyssey's other products? I can't easily see what functionality this has (or lacks) versus its Wireless Speakers, its Media Speakers, or its Audio Dock. Thanks!

jeffaudyssey

clydemnestra2 wrote:Sorry, but could someone explain the difference between this and Audyssey's other products? I can't easily see what functionality this has (or lacks) versus its Wireless Speakers, its Media Speakers, or its Audio Dock. Thanks!

This unit is compatible with wireless Airplay. The Audio Dock and wireless media speakers are both bluetooth but not airplay and can do wireless transmission from android devices. The media speaker is not a wireless speaker.

jeffaudyssey

Gizmodo review on this product.

http://gizmodo.com/5907025/the-best-airplay-speakers/

kjwitts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjwitts

I Wooted one during the holidays and I love it. Set up took a few moments, but it's now downstairs and works great. I don't play it at super high volumes, but it's perfect for me / crystal clear with good bass. Walk into any Apple store today and this is on the shelf for $399. I couldn't be more happy with it.

fluidj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluidj

Buy this.
It sounds GREAT!
It does loose connection to my network every once in a while, but I simply reboot my router and reboot the Audyssey and i'm back in business.
I have a 7.1 A/V System in my living room...but now I actually use the Audyssey more than my big boy stereo system for my music. I'm tempted to spring for another one but I don't think the wife will go for it.

p.s.: I also paid $10 more for it last go round....kinda salty about that. It'd be nice if Woot gave me a credit or something....

fluidj

If you download the Twonky app for Android you can get it to work. However, the Twonky app is kinda wonky....

1dianet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1dianet
ThunderThighs wrote:Let's hear from some of you Wooters that bought this previously.

Horrible, horrible, horrible, sucky sucky sucky.

My husband and I purchase a LOT from woot, bought 6 of these twixt the two of us. (he doesn't post comments because woot won't let him change his username away from his real name.)

This was the worst purchase ever. Just forget about these boxes maintaining their wireless connection, repeatedly in the middle of music playing, sound shuts off.

THE WORST.

fluidj

1dianet wrote:Horrible, horrible, horrible, sucky sucky sucky.

My husband and I purchase a LOT from woot, bought 6 of these twixt the two of us. (he doesn't post comments because woot won't let him change his username away from his real name.)

This was the worst purchase ever. Just forget about these boxes maintaining their wireless connection, repeatedly in the middle of music playing, sound shuts off.

THE WORST.

I'll give you $50 for one of yours....

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco

I've got three of JBL's AirPlay speakers. They're each in a different room. What I like about AirPlay is that you can have the same audio coming from speakers throughout the home. For me, that's the best thing about AirPlay speakers. The bad thing is that, mine at least, do cut out sometimes.

hcnate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hcnate
fluidj wrote:I'll give you $50 for one of yours....

+1 to this. This thing is outstanding, sound is great and it is so unassuming. Great purchase. I'm thinking about another one.

werdze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages werdze
thailar wrote:I bought two of these last time and I have to say I am so pleased with them. What an incredible value, I cannot imagine another speaker like this at this price that could even come close to this speakers sound quality.

Someone mentioned the range being poor, I would say that it is less than a laptop and about equal to an iPhone or iPod touch's wifi range, but it needs a steady connection, so if your iPhone's wifi sometimes cuts out in a room then the speaker won't work well.

The other thing is that I wouldn't call the sound balanced. I find them somewhat bass heavy, which some people might like, but I do kind of wish that the bass was a little less heavy. The sound quality and volume still, is pretty awesome for such a small speaker.

Lastly, Apple's iOS AirPlay implementation is pretty... slow. Streaming from iTunes works pretty well, but from iOS it takes anywhere from 3-7 seconds to start playing a song. If you don't mind sacrificing some sound quality and you already have a good speaker system, you might try a bluetooth adapter instead. Once setup it works the same way as airplay on your iPhone.

Overall it's really an incredible value at this price if you are in the market for a good speaker.

I have a Pioneer A4 Airplay speaker and it only takes about 1-3 seconds to start playing music through Airplay. If you want to stop music through Airplay it should happen instantly though. The 3-7 seconds could be because of your router or from the speaker itself.

sdblair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sdblair
ninaco wrote:I've got three of JBL's AirPlay speakers. They're each in a different room. What I like about AirPlay is that you can have the same audio coming from speakers throughout the home. For me, that's the best thing about AirPlay speakers. The bad thing is that, mine at least, do cut out sometimes.

My biggest complaint about my JBL docks is that they need to be powered on/off to regain their airplay connection.

I wonder if this one can just pick up after being idle for a few hours/days.

Woot

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco
sdblair wrote:My biggest complaint about my JBL docks is that they need to be powered on/off to regain their airplay connection.

I wonder if this one can just pick up after being idle for a few hours/days.

My JBLs will play after being idle. They'd been idle since yesterday afternoon, and all three start playing when I selected a song a few minutes ago. I didn't have to touch the speakers.

DaveKrieger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DaveKrieger

I bought one last time around (at $150) and I'm 100% satisfied with it except that the volume seems to reset itself to "blastissimo" every time Airplay reconnects to it...so when I start playing music I have to run to the room it's in and dial it down to avoid scaring the cat. But it's otherwise so great that I may buy another today. Vastly, vastly better than the Iomega Powerline thingies I bought on Woot years ago; those effers never did work right.

cindyrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindyrt
Marvin6 wrote:I bought this about 1-2 months ago. The sound is good, but I can't get the wireless to work with anything but Itunes on my laptop, even that wasn't easy. Also it stopped working there now too, so I suspect I will have to repeat the startup process that took me more than a ½ hour. Before it stopped working I tried to connect with Ipod touch 4gen, but it wouldn't. I don't recommend this. It is too expensive for wired speaker, and wireless operation seems flakey at best.

The Audio Dock Air works with:
‣ Computers with iTunes®
‣ iPod touch® Models
‣ iPadTM Models
‣ iPhone® Models
‣ Apple TV®

One thing to make sure of is that your Mac or PC is running iTunes 10.1 or later, or an Apple iOS device running iOS 4.2 or later, with an active connection to a Wi-Fi network.

Should you have any problems please contact me directly at ctrudeau@audyssey.com and I can help.

audysseycin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages audysseycin

You may enjoy Audyssey's great sound still by connecting to the speaker through the 3.5mm line input.

audysseycin

1dianet wrote:Horrible, horrible, horrible, sucky sucky sucky.

THE WORST.

I would be curious to know more about the issues you're having so I can help. Audyssey offers a 1-year warranty on this product, and I would like to make sure you're 100% satisfied. Please contact me directly at ctrudeau@audyssey.com so I can help troubleshoot the connectivity issue.

smooth0906

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smooth0906

I previously purchased a South Of The Market Audio Dock by Audyssey; which is the predessesor to this dock. I ordered it from a seller on Amazon. Firstly; out of the box and attaching my IPOD to the dock, it did not initially play. After 10 minutes of shifting the dock around, it began to play. Beautifully!. Secondly; after 15 minutes of playing time, I heard a loud crackle, saw a spark shoot out of the back, and then it began to smoke! I immediately unplugged it, contacted the seller that I wanted a refund, not a replacement because I didn't trust Audyssey products anymore. It took me over two weeks to get a refund, but I got it. Never again an Audssey product for me! I'm still shaking from that incident.

audysseycin

smooth0906 wrote:I previously purchased a South Of The Market Audio Dock by Audyssey; which is the predessesor to this dock. I ordered it from a seller on Amazon. Firstly; out of the box and attaching my IPOD to the dock, it did not initially play. After 10 minutes of shifting the dock around, it began to play. Beautifully!. Secondly; after 15 minutes of playing time, I heard a loud crackle, saw a spark shoot out of the back, and then it began to smoke! I immediately unplugged it, contacted the seller that I wanted a refund, not a replacement because I didn't trust Audyssey products anymore. It took me over two weeks to get a refund, but I got it. Never again an Audssey product for me! I'm still shaking from that incident.

I remember this incident and believe I was the one who assisted you. I'm pleased to hear that Amazon honored your refund request. What you previously experienced is definitely not expected behavior of any of our products. Audyssey offers refunds within 30-days for purchases made directly through us, and a 1-year warranty on all of our products. Should any readers out there have any issues with your Audyssey product please contact me directly at ctrudeau@audyssey.com and I'll be glad to help.

hcnate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hcnate

I know I just gave a glowing review earlier, but has anyone paired two of these to the same source. I'm interested in a second unit and putting it in the same room. Are there any latency or other issues?

audysseycin

hcnate wrote:I know I just gave a glowing review earlier, but has anyone paired two of these to the same source. I'm interested in a second unit and putting it in the same room. Are there any latency or other issues?

You can stream to two different units simultaneously, without any latency through iTunes® on Windows® or Mac® OS platforms.

More information can be found here: https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries/21563547-streaming-two-different-airplay-enabled-devices-simultaneously

thefishknot3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thefishknot3

What is the name of the app I download from iTunes ????? I've been searching for it since I ordered this darn thing ........HELP!!!!
The app for your iPhone, iPad , etc.

hrhollar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hrhollar

I also purchased one of these in December...it was easy to setup, and I enjoy it....for those of who dislike the bass, I purchased 2 sony homeshare wireless speakers, SANS5000 from Sony on ebay for 129.99 each - the bass is less defined, and a bit more treble is enjoyed.

I just purchased another on of these today here on Woot - I am the guy who sent the Media speakers back for a return - they were replaced recently and sound great also....

I can stream music from Itunes, Windows Media player and my itouch to all three speakers at the same time in 3 different rooms ...small footprints for each, good sound...happy here

The bass is the selling point on the Audyssey brand - I have never been a big fan of alot of bass, but these have a different construction - check out their website for more info

audysseycin

thefishknot3 wrote:What is the name of the app I download from iTunes ????? I've been searching for it since I ordered this darn thing ........HELP!!!!
The app for your iPhone, iPad , etc.

Are you speaking of an Audyssey app? If so, perhaps "amp", which is our headphone app..? We also have a sound app for our Audio Dock.

thefishknot3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thefishknot3
audysseycin wrote:Are you speaking of an Audyssey app? If so, perhaps "amp", which is our headphone app..? We also have a sound app for our Audio Dock.

I'm looking for the "app" that you're suppose to be able to download free from the apple app store that allows you to connect to your iTunes library and stream your music wirelessly through this Audyssey wifi/wireless speaker woot is offering. I'm looking for the "app" for the iPhone , iPad, etc?????????