WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Tango TRX Bluetooth Speaker w/30pin Dock

Speed to First Woot:
4m 16.228s
First Sucker:
heyzeus999
Last Wooter to Woot:
vinman145
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 3% of Electronics Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 2% of Electronics Woots
Top 9% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 35% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 25% < 10 woots
  • 16% < 25 woots
  • 15% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 31% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 11% one year old
  • 56% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

2%
2%
1%
1%
1%
1%
3%
5%
5%
15%
13%
9%
7%
6%
3%
4%
3%
3%
3%
3%
3%
4%
2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

great reviews from both newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855997564

and amazon

http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-Bluetooth-30-Pin-iPhone-Speaker/dp/B0043M66X6

conanthelibrarian


quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Link to users manual

http://www.xtrememac.com/PageFiles/315/IPU-TRX-XX_user_guide_spreads_23950610C.pdf

gigadan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gigadan

As seen in the Key & Peele Dubstep sketch.
http://youtu.be/5Kod1q39ddE

michmill


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michmill

Not well refurbed. Mine came without working Bluetooth, remote without battery, and even 30 pin stopped working after 2 mths (worked for the month warranty and then stopped). Recommend against.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

michmill wrote:Not well refurbed. Mine came without working Bluetooth, remote without battery, and even 30 pin stopped working after 2 mths (worked for the month warranty and then stopped). Recommend against.



I don't see where we've sold this before so I'm figuring you bought it from another retailer.

Note that this has a 90-day XtremeMac warranty.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

legnadibrom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages legnadibrom

where can i get the 29pin vers.?

ctonline


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctonline
conanthelibrarian wrote:Link to users manual

http://www.xtrememac.com/PageFiles/315/IPU-TRX-XX_user_guide_spreads_23950610C.pdf




Is it rechargeable or battery operated? Thanks.

amenite


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amenite
ctonline wrote:Is it rechargeable or battery operated? Thanks.



Looks like it's AC only (no battery) which makes it less attractive for me. Radio would be nice too but not a deal breaker.

akharbin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages akharbin

I snagged one of these (also a refurb) on woot! back in August and I still love it. I take it outside to listen to music while I'm working on my laptop. The sound quality is comparable to speaker docks that go for $150+. Even though it says 30 pin, you don't have to use the charging feature. (We have spare wall chargers all over the house anyway.) You can connect any device that has bluetooth. We've used it with android phones, iPhones, 4th and 5th gen iPods, laptops... Definitely a good purchase.

Zorque


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorque

Will the thirty pin connector work with non-iPod mp3 players? I've got a couple sansa players with the connector, but I usually just see "30-pin connector for iPod/iPhones!" with these types of products. I assume this is because they introduced/primarily used the connection. I dunno.

chin78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chin78
Zorque wrote:Will the thirty pin connector work with non-iPod mp3 players? I've got a couple sansa players with the connector, but I usually just see "30-pin connector for iPod/iPhones!" with these types of products. I assume this is because they introduced/primarily used the connection. I dunno.



I believe it has an aux output for non-Apple mp3 players.

gak0090


quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090

This is what comes to mind when I see this.

shals314


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shals314

Will this work with the iPhone5?

workout100


quality posts: 0 Private Messages workout100
amenite wrote:Looks like it's AC only (no battery) which makes it less attractive for me. Radio would be nice too but not a deal breaker.



Did anyone verify that this unit does not have a battery feature-strictly AC power?

gak0090


quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
workout100 wrote:Did anyone verify that this unit does not have a battery feature-strictly AC power?




http://www.amazon.com/XtremeMac-Bluetooth-30-Pin-iPhone-Speaker/dp/B0043M66X6?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals


Product Specifications
Brand NameXtremeMac
Power Source: TypeAC
Number of Items1
Item Display Height8.50 inches
Item Display Width18.50 inches



http://www.amazon.com/review/R20GTB9LYR64SG/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_1
The ONLY negative I see so far is that you have to have it plugged in to an AC outlet.

bogman1a


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogman1a
shals314 wrote:Will this work with the iPhone5?



Only through Bluetooth. No charging for the Iphone 5. Of course there are adapters that go from 30 pin to lightning but they are not guaranteed to work on all 30 pin products and they just look bulky and ugly IMHO when stacked like that.

bogman1a


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogman1a

My question is how does it compare to the Skullcandy Vandal? I am going bluetooth to my vandal through an 30 pin bluetooth receiver and I have to wonder if a speaker with native bluetooth would do a better job. I find the volume level coming from my Vandal to be a little disappointing using my Sony S764 walkman and my android phone and tablet, it does sound good with my laptop though.

bogman1a


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogman1a
Zorque wrote:Will the thirty pin connector work with non-iPod mp3 players? I've got a couple sansa players with the connector, but I usually just see "30-pin connector for iPod/iPhones!" with these types of products. I assume this is because they introduced/primarily used the connection. I dunno.



The 30-pin Sansa is different from the Apple stuff and trying to use it on an Apple based product will probably fry your Sansa. I have some knowledge on this coming from the Sansa Fuze.

bluemaple


quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
shals314 wrote:Will this work with the iPhone5?



Yes, thru Bluetooth or the headphone jack...

But if you want to connect it via the 30-pin dock you should be able to use one of the Apple 30-pin to Lightening adapters. $30 for the simple adaptor or $40 for the version that has each connector at the end of a wire. Yes they are overpriced.

I had a pile of 30-pin accessories and cords so when I went to the iPhone 5, I picked up the $30 adapter. Works fine on my stuff.

bogman1a


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogman1a
bluemaple wrote:Yes, thru Bluetooth or the headphone jack...

But if you want to connect it via the 30-pin dock you should be able to use one of the Apple 30-pin to Lightening adapters. $30 for the simple adaptor or $40 for the version that has each connector at the end of a wire. Yes they are overpriced.

I had a pile of 30-pin accessories and cords so when I went to the iPhone 5, I picked up the $30 adapter. Works fine on my stuff.



I did forget about the AUX input as well but I think that they tend to degrade the sound a little. And as far as the adapter, I have heard that several docks will only pass sound and not charge or vice-versa, but I have no experience with Apple products.

samhainguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samhainguy

A coworker has one of these he paid $100 for. It sounds pretty good in a noisy manufacturing plant as long as you turn the bass down on the app that you download for controls. I'm in...

jodwithay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodwithay

Do you mean it won't charge your ipod? I have a touch and am looking for a charging dock.

akharbin wrote:I snagged one of these (also a refurb) on woot! back in August and I still love it. I take it outside to listen to music while I'm working on my laptop. The sound quality is comparable to speaker docks that go for $150+. Even though it says 30 pin, you don't have to use the charging feature. (We have spare wall chargers all over the house anyway.) You can connect any device that has bluetooth. We've used it with android phones, iPhones, 4th and 5th gen iPods, laptops... Definitely a good purchase.



dtomlin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dtomlin
shals314 wrote:Will this work with the iPhone5?



Yes,
I use mine with a lightning adapter. It works fine and charges the iphone. I paid $99 for my Tango from Best Buy.

richg0404


quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404

The reviews on Amazon look pretty good. I'm in for one to use with the Asus tablet that we got my son for Christmas.

michmill


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michmill
ThunderThighs wrote:I don't see where we've sold this before so I'm figuring you bought it from another retailer.

Note that this has a 90-day XtremeMac warranty.



Sold here before, with a Woot warranty. Assumed it was 30 days; too lazy to return and it still sort of worked. No longer does.
http://www.woot.com/offers/tango-trx-wireless-2-1-speaker-dock-1

prboy30


quality posts: 0 Private Messages prboy30
shals314 wrote:Will this work with the iPhone5?



It is bluetooth compatible, therefore, YES!

subdewd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages subdewd

I must have gotten Mitchmills return be =cause my 30 pin connection barely works. Have to wiggle it around for a proper connection. that stinks. enclosed paper work says return postage prepaid. that stinks also. just a way to unload a bunch off garbage that will be obsolete in a few months when 30 pin is phased out. I've about had it with WOOT. I don't know why they would risk their reputation, as it were.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
subdewd wrote:I must have gotten Mitchmills return be =cause my 30 pin connection barely works. Have to wiggle it around for a proper connection. that stinks. enclosed paper work says return postage prepaid. that stinks also. just a way to unload a bunch off garbage that will be obsolete in a few months when 30 pin is phased out. I've about had it with WOOT. I don't know why they would risk their reputation, as it were.


Looking up, don't think mitchmills actually returned it, but it is worth trying to get a return. If you have any problems with the process, support@woot.com can assist.

I wouldn't be so quick to say these things are getting phased out - not everyone can afford the latest and greatest.

I'm just hanging out, really.

heckkoch9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages heckkoch9

snagged one...rec'd yesterday 1/18, opened it 1/19, played with it for about 4-5 hrs...and it stopped working! I'm bummed cause I was really starting to like it..sound quality was pretty good! I would've paid full price for one.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

heckkoch9 wrote:snagged one...rec'd yesterday 1/18, opened it 1/19, played with it for about 4-5 hrs...and it stopped working! I'm bummed cause I was really starting to like it..sound quality was pretty good! I would've paid full price for one.



Sorry to hear that you experienced a problem with your order. Please check out Xtreme Mac Customer Support and see if they can help you out with your purchase.

If you're unable to find assistance, please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have...

sprousehouse


quality posts: 4 Private Messages sprousehouse
akharbin wrote:I snagged one of these (also a refurb) on woot! back in August and I still love it. I take it outside to listen to music while I'm working on my laptop. The sound quality is comparable to speaker docks that go for $150+. Even though it says 30 pin, you don't have to use the charging feature. (We have spare wall chargers all over the house anyway.) You can connect any device that has bluetooth. We've used it with android phones, iPhones, 4th and 5th gen iPods, laptops... Definitely a good purchase.



Are you sure it's the same model? There are a couple versions of this. Mine (from this auction) does not connect to anything that is not an idevice. No Android, no Windows. I was disappointed as it didn't link to anything I had, but only the wife's and daughter's idevices.

samblam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samblam

Mine came yesterday. I can play stuff on the aux input but the iPhone/iPod connector doesn't work. It doesn't even charge.

I called the Bigston number and they only take calls during banker hours.

This is the first time I got hosed by a refurb. I had assumed a refurb would work just as well as they would be tested?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

samblam wrote:Mine came yesterday. I can play stuff on the aux input but the iPhone/iPod connector doesn't work. It doesn't even charge.

I called the Bigston number and they only take calls during banker hours.

This is the first time I got hosed by a refurb. I had assumed a refurb would work just as well as they would be tested?


Sorry for the problems. Feel free to email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

lukelockhart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukelockhart

I think mine might be defective, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a software problem first, so I figure I'd ask if anyone else knows - it's stopped connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows PC. The PC definitely still has the driver, but it doesn't detect it, and the XtremeMac makes the "no connection" beeping noise when I set source to Bluetooth...

mhayden123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhayden123

mine might be defective.. returned it to woot for refund. Terrible Bluetooth signal.. Practically need to be 5 ft away for it to work with no interruptions. If my iphone is in my pocket and I move in the same room it loses connection. Literally tried 5 different devices and all of them need to be 5 ft away for a perfect signal.

No cool.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

lukelockhart wrote:I think mine might be defective, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a software problem first, so I figure I'd ask if anyone else knows - it's stopped connecting via Bluetooth to my Windows PC. The PC definitely still has the driver, but it doesn't detect it, and the XtremeMac makes the "no connection" beeping noise when I set source to Bluetooth...




mhayden123 wrote:mine might be defective.. returned it to woot for refund. Terrible Bluetooth signal.. Practically need to be 5 ft away for it to work with no interruptions. If my iphone is in my pocket and I move in the same room it loses connection. Literally tried 5 different devices and all of them need to be 5 ft away for a perfect signal.

No cool.



Apologies to you both for the hassle.
If you suspect it's defunct, please email Support@Woot.com, or contact the manufacturer directly. Let us know if you need any assistance along the way.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

euphio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphio
PemberDucky wrote:Apologies to you both for the hassle.
If you suspect it's defunct, please email Support@Woot.com, or contact the manufacturer directly. Let us know if you need any assistance along the way.



Mine died as well. Almost out of the box it wouldn't play when the iPod was on the dock. Now it won't play via BlueTooth - not even discoverable. I sent an email to support@woot.com

euphio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages euphio
euphio wrote:Mine died as well. Almost out of the box it wouldn't play when the iPod was on the dock. Now it won't play via BlueTooth - not even discoverable. I sent an email to support@woot.com



Manufacturer won't support the 90 day warranty since the item was a refurb. Not sure I'll be buying anything else refurbished...

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

euphio wrote:Manufacturer won't support the 90 day warranty since the item was a refurb. Not sure I'll be buying anything else refurbished...



If the manufacturer isn't going to help you out, please write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to assist you with your order.

Please inform them that the manufacturer isn't assisting you. Also remember to include your order number and user name so they can help you in a timely manner.