5%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

769.49 on Amazon with fantastic reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-47LS4600-47-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B006ZH0LHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358316105&sr=8-1&keywords=LG+47LS4600

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3142 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

As much as the customers love it at Amazon, CNET has some not so kind words to say.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-47ls4600/4505-6482_7-35326956.html

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78

Probably doesn't mean much but Fry's had this same tv but new for $450 on black friday and it has dipped around there since.

doughsk8er

quality posts: 4 Private Messages doughsk8er

Does anyone know why there's a LAN port on it? I'm not seeing anything about it being a smart TV. Only reason I can think of is for the DLNA features.

minktheshrink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages minktheshrink

I've been looking for a reliable TV about this size but I really wanted 3D. Too bad this isn't capable or I would have had to jump (even if it meant that it would cost a bit more).

27 Woots
13 Sellouts
18 Shirts

Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia 07.12.2011

Vanstorm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Vanstorm

Does the yellow outlined port on the top Component input double as a composite input?

I still need that type of input for several things around my media center.

sketched

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sketched
doughsk8er wrote:Does anyone know why there's a LAN port on it? I'm not seeing anything about it being a smart TV. Only reason I can think of is for the DLNA features.

2 things: 1) Firmware updates and 2) DLNA content. It'll access computers and such but it has no other smart features.

--
About the tv. I had it and paid $499 for it from Best Buy's Clearance section. The reasons were it's blacks were infact pretty awful as CNet describes. Mine also had the blotchy backlight bleed that was in patches near the middle, top left and middle-lower left. So strange. At the time, a trumotion setting wasn't available in the menu but I think that was remedied with a firmware update. It's also not a 120Hz panel but still moves fairly nice. The remote was fairly nice but I constantly bumped wrong 3 buttons that are located above the square-circle nav thing.

Things to also know, all the ports point outwards. So if you mount it "super low profile"...you'll need room behind it to connect things to it.

---
I traded it for the 3D version, 47LM46000. It's slightly better with blotchiness. This one only has one small one top-center left and a top left light bleed. 3D is solid but sit the right distance or it's crap. Blacks are slightly better but probably not enough to write home about. These two tv's probably use the same panel so blotchiness will be there but vary on a tv to tv basis.

Final note, it seems mid-range tv's as of late have a huge MEH factor when it comes to black levels. I have a 2 year old Vizio 42" that makes either of the two LG's I talked about look silly.

Hope that helps.

lividgnome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lividgnome
minktheshrink wrote:I've been looking for a reliable TV about this size but I really wanted 3D. Too bad this isn't capable or I would have had to jump (even if it meant that it would cost a bit more).

Frys has a 47" LG 3D 120HZ LED for $549 with free shipping.

manx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manx
doughsk8er wrote:Does anyone know why there's a LAN port on it? I'm not seeing anything about it being a smart TV. Only reason I can think of is for the DLNA features.

The port is only good for a firmware update. I bought one over Xmas at BB, I am a Samsung guy. This unit has a great pic. Do not like the intelliview that seems to change the screen depending on the light in the area. Once it is tweaked great picture.. Sound ok.. Just worth the asking price Would buy again for the price..

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

The grandpa on the screen is rocking that surfboard!!! Surf on, Gramps!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

hardworkingjulie

quality posts: 15 Private Messages hardworkingjulie

We have the 32" version of this TV in the master bedroom, and it has a more crisp and clean picture than our 42" Sharp Aquos (the former reigning champion) in the living room with much leaner energy use. At this price a small part of me would like the kiddo to throw a brick at the Sharp today....

denisuja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denisuja
hardworkingjulie wrote:We have the 32" version of this TV in the master bedroom, and it has a more crisp and clean picture than our 42" Sharp Aquos (the former reigning champion) in the living room with much leaner energy use. At this price a small part of me would like the kiddo to throw a brick at the Sharp today....

I don't think that comparison is fair and means much. Of course a smaller sized TV will make the image look crisper all things being equal, since you would have a bigger pixel density. That being said, I've had only good impressions from the 3 LG TVs I've owned.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lividgnome wrote:Frys has a 47" LG 3D 120HZ LED for $549 with free shipping.

We did some poking around Fry's but didn't find anything matching that price.

Anyway, this seems to be a cool TV for less to me.

I'm just hanging out, really.

amew1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amew1234

We have this TV for more than a year. Just FANTASTIC!!!! Picture is sooo clear and crisp. Would recommend it without hesitation.

nix711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nix711

The LAN port is for firmware updates (of which there have not yet been any) and yes, the DLNA which actually works fine, though the built-in player is very basic. This is not a smart TV (no FB, Netflix, etc.)

Great TV for the price though (got it @ Fry's for $449; shows up there at that price every 2-3 weeks or so).

rockandrollbot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rockandrollbot
Vanstorm wrote:Does the yellow outlined port on the top Component input double as a composite input?

I still need that type of input for several things around my media center.

Yes. I have this television, and I run an 8-port composite switch box into this port for all my old school consoles. Also, the optical out is nice because I basically use the TV as my receiver and optical out to my turtle beach headphones, then from those to a speaker bar.

rockandrollbot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rockandrollbot

I bought this TV from Fry's and have been extremely happy with it. To note, the default energy saver setting does not work well with a lot of video games because the contrast sucks for darker levels. I use this as my computer monitor, to hook up my old school game consoles, and Xbox 360 via HDMI. Looks great to me for all of those. I also got an LG speaker bar with optical in. The remote for the speaker bar controls this TV which is handy as heck.

beaner58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaner58

LG site shows there is a LAN port

frambled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frambled
inkycatz wrote:We did some poking around Fry's but didn't find anything matching that price.

Anyway, this seems to be a cool TV for less to me.

This is the tv he was referring to. It isn't free shipping though, it's store pickup only.
http://www.frys.com/product/7348654?site=sa:Video Pod:Pod2

mojojeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojojeff

frys: 42 panasonic 3d $199.00 (IN STORE ONLY)

http://www.frys.com/product/6355221?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

mojojeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mojojeff

Fry's 63 inch 3d plasma $399.00 (IN STORE ONLY)

http://www.frys.com/product/6254830?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

jeepsterzj93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeepsterzj93
minktheshrink wrote:I've been looking for a reliable TV about this size but I really wanted 3D. Too bad this isn't capable or I would have had to jump (even if it meant that it would cost a bit more).

Check out the TV Deals on the main woot page. I just picked up a refurbished LG 47" 3D with GREAT reviews for 485 shipped, and they still have some in stock!

iwannadeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwannadeal

Could this be used as a computer monitor? quality?