WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

USB! USB! We're #1!

A few years ago, few people were even aware of the sovereign nation of The United States of Bamerica, but then they invented this handy universal connector and everything changed. Now U.S.B. is the new U.A.E of wherever it is.

Quality Posts

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Would the Avid Vocal Studio mic be good for karaoke for a computer hooked in to a home theater?

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

Does the usb stress ball scream when you squeeze it?

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

the reviews for the usb fridge weren't the best on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Cheeky-19-Electronic-Reference/dp/B000XYN5RS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358209458&sr=8-1&keywords=Dream+Cheeky+019+USB+Mini+Fridge

I always did like yardsales.

impelicanfly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impelicanfly

Thumbs down on the Avid Vocal Studio (and most if not all USB microphones)

Check my buy history, I bought the very same Avid Vocal Studio WITh the "Pro Tools" software in 2010 thinking I could pump out a decent home demo but it paled in comparison to a true home studio setup which should include an audio interface and compressor mic with phanton power.

the problem with these USB microphones is the sound card in most home computers arent strong enough record RAW pristine audio from singing/rapping tracks and built for things like podcast and VOIP calls and webchats (skype) thus most modern home studios rely on the extra processing power provided from USB audio interfaces, allowing the recording sound to go straight into the interface before its mixed digitally to the soundcard.

it was $60 then and a complete waste of money, half the time, windows 7 didnt even recognize the mic when i plugged it in even with the drivers and pro tools software installed.

waiting on woot to redeem themselves with a sale with a proper audio interface setup like the M audio fast or Avid Mobile Pre and condensor mics from quality brands like AKG, Audio Technica and Behringer.

tjalsma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjalsma

The Blue Yeti mic can be had for about $94 new on Amazon from what I can see.

These USB mics are primarily, and best for, podcasts and whatnot. You will not be able to record studio-quality demos or music with almost any of these. There are so many factors that go into it - size of your room, shape, pop filter, the plugins you have, wall studio foam, etc. etc.

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait

I was interested in the keyboard... until I read reviews on Amazon. Complaints of problems on Windows 7, including how it installs a low-level anti-piracy driver (ridiculous) have swayed me to a "Thanks, but no thanks" attitude. For a few dollars more, here's a 61-key keyboard without all the carp, but with better reviews.

ehabjan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehabjan

The Blue Yeti USB microphone is endorsed by Pentatonix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKB--YdjCLs

Go to 9:25.

gr0m17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gr0m17

I got the keyboard back a round ago and I love the hell out of it. I literally plug in the usb cable, launch garage band, and BAM, I'm rocking out.

No fuss on mac.

amemait wrote:I was interested in the keyboard... until I read reviews on Amazon. Complaints of problems on Windows 7, including how it installs a low-level anti-piracy driver (ridiculous) have swayed me to a "Thanks, but no thanks" attitude. For a few dollars more, here's a 61-key keyboard without all the carp, but with better reviews.

bstokes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstokes
gr0m17 wrote:I got the keyboard back a round ago and I love the hell out of it. I literally plug in the usb cable, launch garage band, and BAM, I'm rocking out.

No fuss on mac.

What version of ProTools comes with this and what OS do you have on your mac. I am finding out that any protools 9.0.4 and earlier will not install under Lion.

azoozoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages azoozoo

Anyone know if that Dream Cheeky 019 USB Mini Fridge can hold a can of NOS? Or any of those taller energy drinks?

gbrahler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbrahler
azoozoo wrote:Anyone know if that Dream Cheeky 019 USB Mini Fridge can hold a can of NOS? Or any of those taller energy drinks?

Don't get the fridge... It makes your drink warmer.