LOhateVE

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LOhateVE

No More Batteries!

casey00001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages casey00001

Why no option for a stack of AAA's?

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Think these will give my cats some more energy?

aimhighwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimhighwoot
baybei wrote:Think these will give my cats some more energy?

When used as suppositories, yes. You won't believe the energy cats can have.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

Think I'll get these for my GF. She has a toy poodle.

therichfather

quality posts: 1 Private Messages therichfather

I agree with casey00001. I would have purchased a lot with AAAs. No use for that many AAs.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

I used to buy Panasonic batteries because they lasted just about as long as the major brands but I've stopped because the last couple batches have all leaked like crazy corroding the connections in my flashlights and a remote control.

Now I prefer Kirkland Signature or a major brand when they're on sale at Costco.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
therichfather wrote:I agree with baybei. I would have purchased a lot with AAAs. No use for that many AAs.

But baybei wants them for her cats.

CuzzinMerl wrote:Think I'll get these for my GF. She has a toy poodle.

I was thinking of getting these for my girlfriend too! She has a toy Rabbit.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
CharlesP2009 wrote:

Now I prefer Kirkland Signature or a major brand when they're on sale at Costco.

I agree. Kirkland batteries are great.

ThingamaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThingamaBob
wootbot wrote:Lost in the wilderness with only this product, you could survive by: chucking them at cougars.

Probably the same advice applies if you were lost in suburbia...

thurin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thurin

Have the Tommyknockers come back?

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar
CharlesP2009 wrote:I used to buy Panasonic batteries because they lasted just about as long as the major brands but I've stopped because the last couple batches have all leaked like crazy corroding the connections in my flashlights and a remote control.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for the batteries to go off (or before you noticed)? I'm ready to pull the trigger (need these for game controllers) but your comment's worrying me.

corvettejoe

quality posts: 22 Private Messages corvettejoe
casey00001 wrote:Why no option for a stack of AAA's?

My hopeful first thought too.

Just got a couple peavy guitar iphone adapters for our band, they like to eat AAA's.

I would have bought a stack of AAA's from woot first without shopping anywhere else for them LOL.

AlexD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlexD

Meehh ... not a great deal ... I can get 48 Maxell AA for $13.50 w/ free Prime shipping directly on amazon.com. Better deal than this ...

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

Agree. I use many more AAA then AA. Best guess, so do many others, so they have more AA then AAA to sell.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

boxarox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boxarox

my thoughts exactly. No need for AA. If i have to buy one to get the other, no sale.

mce128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mce128

How do they work? Is it anything like magnets?

grenade01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages grenade01

Awww No triple A's.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
CharlesP2009 wrote:I used to buy Panasonic batteries because they lasted just about as long as the major brands but I've stopped because the last couple batches have all leaked like crazy corroding the connections in my flashlights and a remote control.

I found the same in that they last the same as the major branded alkalines but didn't have a leaking or corrosion problem. I DID have leaking and corrosion issues with Energizer though. I don't buy them anymore, mostly because they are very overpriced.

This deal is okay though I usually pull the trigger when the total price runs between $.25 and $.32 per cell. These come out to $.32 per cell (shipped) for the 24 pack, and a whopping $.63 per cell for the 24 combo pack (a really bad deal).

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

molcajete

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molcajete

not a bad deal, but honestly if you have an IKEA nearby, buy 1 pack of 10 (AA)for 1.99. Haven't had any corrosion issues with ikea batteries ever.

bloodgain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodgain
AlexD wrote:Meehh ... not a great deal ... I can get 48 Maxell AA for $13.50 w/ free Prime shipping directly on amazon.com. Better deal than this ...

Ditto, I just bought the same pack a couple weeks ago for $13.17, and according to the triple-camel, they've been below $12 in the last week. At the moment, the Maxell AAA pack is even cheaper on a per-battery basis.

craigtx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigtx

Also if you have a Lowe's near you, they have 100 (AA or AAA) for $21.97.

I just bought my second box of 100 AA and a box of AAA. (Lots of Kids toys, and Kids who still haven't grasped the concept of turning a thing off.)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_318748-11637-LR03/AAA_0__

atrowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atrowe

Can somebody smarter than me do the math and figure out exactly how long these things would power a particle accelerator?

collegeswimming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages collegeswimming

Just got my batteries. I don't want to say they're old or anything, but the diagram on the back of the package includes a Walkman stereo.