4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thoughts? Reviews? Let's hear what you have to say!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kiwijaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwijaws

assuming this is the same (BB is 195 vs 196) if you have it in stock at a bestbuy nearby its $199 new
Bestbuy.com

danccs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danccs

Will these speakers work with my TV also? Or they are only to play thru the Blue ray?

stephenswinters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stephenswinters

Our family just hooked up this system that we bought on Nov.2nd of last year. The tall speakers will unbolt and you can make them lay anywhere that you wish near your t.v. It was an easy unbolt and toss of the tower stands that we did not need. We had to order two extra cables to help set up the system. I can't tell you what for but Radio Shack will or can provide them. The college aged kids set it all up and it sounds great with the attachments. We were pleased and we also paid the exact same price that is listed above and it made our new 60 in. Panasonic Plasma t.v. more enjoyable for our entire family. Great purchase. I can't speak to what was missing. I am 50 and i left it to the next generation to install!!! Nice to have the new sound for our den.

FrozenIpaq

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FrozenIpaq
danccs wrote:Will these speakers work with my TV also? Or they are only to play thru the Blue ray?

There's audio-in on these speakers (AUX and Digital) so it will work. All you'll need to do is hook up the the optical out on your TV with the optical in on the bluray player / receiver.

robin4trade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robin4trade

Hi, Could you please advise me if the Panasonic 5.1 CH HTS w/3D Player, will work ok in New Zealand?? I know the plug is different but that can be rectified here to our 2 or 3 Pin Plug. Thanks for your advice.
Cheers
Robin

securitywyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages securitywyrm

What about if I'd like to use this as combination computer speakers and DVD player to my monitor (which is an HDTV).
My computer has an SPDIF out port (which I think is what 'optical' is).

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims
robin4trade wrote:Hi, Could you please advise me if the Panasonic 5.1 CH HTS w/3D Player, will work ok in New Zealand?? I know the plug is different but that can be rectified here to our 2 or 3 Pin Plug. Thanks for your advice.
Cheers
Robin

My guess is no. NZ is 230 volt and the US is 120V. You would need a step down transformer which can be rather expensive especially if used for an item like this.

The other problem is Woot does not ship these types of items abroad. They only ship T shirts. I know this because I live abroad. I get my stuff from my parents in the US after ordering through Woot.

tictac911

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tictac911

Do I need an a/v receiver for this? Like the one on the Woot main page today?

sugarprime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sugarprime

Where does the 1000 watts come from? Does this require an amp?

jmdavis333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmdavis333

"THIS definitely won't be outdated the second you buy it."

NO HDMI input.... already outdated!!

vigsset4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vigsset4

BEST BUY IS SELLING IT NEW FOR SAME PRICE...IM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU WOOT

SCARRMRCC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SCARRMRCC
tictac911 wrote:Do I need an a/v receiver for this? Like the one on the Woot main page today?

nope. I have this (got it at best buy a couple days ago) and it is a full working unit. add a cable/satellite box, plug that into the bluray using the optical cable, plug the HDMI to ta Tv, plug in the speakers and enjoy.

TL;DR:
plug in power
plug in speakers
plug in HDMI to TV
plug in optical to sat/cable box
switch to d-in (input from cable/sat box)
enjoy.

lichme

quality posts: 2950 Private Messages lichme

Invest in a time machine, and go back a few weeks to the wootoff, it was $20 cheaper.

niceum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages niceum

It's kind of outdated. The speakers hook up WITH WIRES. Yuck.
It also doesn't have Bluetooth, so you can't hook your phone up to it (unless you use the USB cable. haha. more wires.). And "wi-fi" ready, but needs an adapter? Wi-Fi for what? Updates? It doesn't have "apps" like Netflix ... either. So you need something ELSE to do that. More wires to and from.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin
FrozenIpaq wrote:There's audio-in on these speakers (AUX and Digital) so it will work. All you'll need to do is hook up the the optical out on your TV with the optical in on the bluray player / receiver.

Just a heads up warning, here, folks.

Full disclosure - I do not own this speaker set or any other HTiaB set. I have two surround sound systems (one in the living room and the other in the bedroom), both are set up so all components run into an A/V receiver which then processes the signal and sends it out to the TV and the speakers.

If you set your A/V system up so that you run HDMI cables into your TV and then run an Optical cable from your TV's Digital Audio Out port to your amplifier, you will most likely only get a Stereo PCM signal. You may be able to force your amplifier into a Dolby Pro Logic setting, but any automatic signal detection by your amplifier will just go to Stereo mode, and you'll only get sound from the two main speakers and the subwoofer. Your center channel speaker and the two surrounds will be silent.

This is due to an HDMI hand-shake issue inherent to the HDMI standard. HDMI can automatically sense what is the best audio signal that the output device can handle is. If you send the signal from the source device (the BluRay) directly to the TV, unless you have a newer, higher end TV, the HDMI will sense that your TV only has two speakers and can only output stereo sound, so that's what it sends. Since the TV is only getting a stereo sound signal coming in, it can only send a stereo sound signal out of its Digital Audio Out port to the amplifier. Since your amplifier is only being given a Stereo signal, that's all you're going to hear coming out of your speakers - sound from the two mains and the subwoofer.

If you want to fully use all the speakers in your surround system ( and not just the two mains), you'll need to hook your devices (BluRay, Cable box, TiVo, Xbox, Apple TV, Roku, Boxee Box, etc) directly into your amplifier.

edit: From SCARRMRCC's post above, it looks like the BluRay is acting as your A/V receiver/amplifier in this set. So, like s/he said, you'll want to plug your speakers and other devices directly into the BluRay, and not into your TV.

tlapin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tlapin

Compared to a "real" audio receiver the power output is TRASH. 10% THD (distortion) compares poorly with under 1% for anything halfway decent.

Total Power Output:
(1 kHz, 10% THD)

shimmylow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimmylow
niceum wrote:It's kind of outdated. The speakers hook up WITH WIRES. Yuck.
It also doesn't have Bluetooth, so you can't hook your phone up to it (unless you use the USB cable. haha. more wires.). And "wi-fi" ready, but needs an adapter? Wi-Fi for what? Updates? It doesn't have "apps" like Netflix ... either. So you need something ELSE to do that. More wires to and from.

This unit does host many apps such as Netflix at no extra cost (other than the Netflix fee). There is actually a Netflix button on the remote control that will take you directly there. I have my unit plugged directly into my router, and the ease of use for the apps is incredible. One button and you have access to Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, Vudu, Skype and many other apps. I was a little skeptical about this unit when I purchased from woot just before Christmas, but I am very, very satisfied.

drdavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdavis

I feel like the technology train has left my station a long time ago, so sorry if I sound silly asking this question. But reading about all the discs it supports, does this mean you can play regular plain ole movie DVD's I have in addition to blue-ray dvd's? My main hesitancy in getting a new system has always been not wanting to replace my dvd movie collection.

benley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benley
drdavis wrote:I feel like the technology train has left my station a long time ago, so sorry if I sound silly asking this question. But reading about all the discs it supports, does this mean you can play regular plain ole movie DVD's I have in addition to blue-ray dvd's? My main hesitancy in getting a new system has always been not wanting to replace my dvd movie collection.

Yes, any blu-ray player should be able to play DVDs without issue. I've never heard of one that can't.

kiwijaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwijaws
robin4trade wrote:Hi, Could you please advise me if the Panasonic 5.1 CH HTS w/3D Player, will work ok in New Zealand?? I know the plug is different but that can be rectified here to our 2 or 3 Pin Plug. Thanks for your advice.
Cheers
Robin

as someone already stated the voltage difference but also NZ is region 1 US is region 4 for DVDs and NZ is region B for Bluray US is region A so if you brought any blurays for this unit you would have to buy region free discs or region A so if you have someone here buying and shipping it to you you will need something like this stepdown converter also a list of region free blurays I use if I'm sending a bluray home to NZ bluray list

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
drdavis wrote:I feel like the technology train has left my station a long time ago, so sorry if I sound silly asking this question. But reading about all the discs it supports, does this mean you can play regular plain ole movie DVD's I have in addition to blue-ray dvd's? My main hesitancy in getting a new system has always been not wanting to replace my dvd movie collection.

It'll play dvd movies, and also your old music CDs if you want to listen to music (no need to turn on the tv).

------------------
I Bet on Sky

halnwheels

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halnwheels

How about .01%THD 500W/channel into 8 ohm Snell Speakers from my 1974 Carver monoblock amps. And what is the impedence of these speakers? Are they the 3 ohms as the power of this amp is reated?

tlapin wrote:Compared to a "real" audio receiver the power output is TRASH. 10% THD (distortion) compares poorly with under 1% for anything halfway decent.

Total Power Output:
(1 kHz, 10% THD)