WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

You Knew this uNu Event was Coming

Quick, no cheating. Close your eyes and guess what's for sale on any Woot site on a given day. Did you guess "iPhone battery cases?" OMG ARE YOU A WIZARD?!
uNu official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How many things can you make rhyme with "not Android"?

I'm just hanging out, really.

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

What color are we getting on the last two? It says "choose color" but I can't figure out how to choose and multiple colors are shown in the pictures.

deedubintahoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedubintahoe

Yes, what color? They are pictured but no choices?

mpatterson20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpatterson20

Need to know how to specify the color. I'd like the pink/black one.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

My Galaxy III S is naked and lonely.

Why no love, woot ?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry about the problems with the sale on those last two cases. I've sent an email to get them fixed up. Check back later in the morning and they should be good to go with the color divulged.

UPDATE: They're fixed. Well, almost. Yep, now they're fixed.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cboyle10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cboyle10

Bought this back in December during Woot-off for a x-mas gift (the Exera Battery case for 4/4S) - worked for about 1/2 day and cannot get a response from Unu at all (6 submittals via their website and 6 e-mails to the e-mail address listed on the box). It is a crap shoot - if you get a bad one, you just bought a nice paperweight!

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead

These were great Christmas gifts. Wife loves hers.

I'm trying AGAIN to get the battery charger. Last time, they supposedly "lost" the shipment. Hopefully things will be more successful this time..

bullfrogj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bullfrogj

For anyone who has one of these (either model):

1. So it is NOT possible to charge the case and the phone at the same time, correct?
2. Looking at the bottom of the exeras, it looks like the 30 pin connector is covered by the case, so you can't access it with the case on?

Would like a good iphone case battery when I change jobs in a month and have to be on the go for long shifts, curious if this is the case for me.

Thanks!

inkycatz

cboyle10 wrote:Bought this back in December during Woot-off for a x-mas gift (the Exera Battery case for 4/4S) - worked for about 1/2 day and cannot get a response from Unu at all (6 submittals via their website and 6 e-mails to the e-mail address listed on the box). It is a crap shoot - if you get a bad one, you just bought a nice paperweight!

Did you holla (nicely) at support@woot.com? If Unu is doing an IgnoreU, then we need to help get it fixed up if possible. Sorry your gizmo isn't working though.

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle

Almost two days in and no one accepted inkycatz' challenge? Here are a few silly limericks to get the ball rolling...

This post has a very hot factoid
Unknown by anyone's sought tabloid
Folks are herded like cattle
For the latest from Apple
Find out too late it's not Android

Marvin was such the robot paranoid
Hearing these words, he got annoyed
For all his expenses
He wound up in fences
He learned his new phone was not Android

The Genius's pitch, fought and cloyed
A new iPhone bought and deployed
Despite all of the prattle
I'm now wearing a shackle
It's too bad this phone is not Android

Former newlyweds Dot and Floyd
Their marriage now naught and void
It sure raised her hackles
when he bit the Apple
Divorce for it was not Android

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg

I see that even the best selling phone of 2012 doesn't get recognition because it's not an Apple product. I'll gladly keep my Galaxy S3 though.

beachhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beachhead
beachhead wrote:These were great Christmas gifts. Wife loves hers.

I'm trying AGAIN to get the battery charger. Last time, they supposedly "lost" the shipment. Hopefully things will be more successful this time..

Yay..it's in the mail this time..I predict a much higher probability of receiving this time..

Thank you woot!

inkycatz

ciabelle wrote:Almost two days in and no one accepted inkycatz' challenge?

You totally get to be my favorite person today.

msglitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msglitch
cboyle10 wrote:Bought this back in December during Woot-off for a x-mas gift (the Exera Battery case for 4/4S) - worked for about 1/2 day and cannot get a response from Unu at all (6 submittals via their website and 6 e-mails to the e-mail address listed on the box). It is a crap shoot - if you get a bad one, you just bought a nice paperweight!

I bought three quite a while back (maybe October). Two for my parents and one for myself. Was a great idea to help for the multiple extended power outages we experienced. I had an issue with mine and sent it back to unu per their customer service instructions and on their dollar. Its been over a month and still no response. Out the $ and item now.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

msglitch wrote:I bought three quite a while back (maybe October). Two for my parents and one for myself. Was a great idea to help for the multiple extended power outages we experienced. I had an issue with mine and sent it back to unu per their customer service instructions and on their dollar. Its been over a month and still no response. Out the $ and item now.

that's not good. it's possible things were slowed down b/c of the holidays, but i'm sure some correspondence would still be nice.

i suggest you send an email to Support@Woot.com & let them know you've been having trouble getting a hold of them. we want to see you happy - sooner rather than later!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

drewmichel1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewmichel1
bullfrogj wrote:For anyone who has one of these (either model):

1. So it is NOT possible to charge the case and the phone at the same time, correct?
2. Looking at the bottom of the exeras, it looks like the 30 pin connector is covered by the case, so you can't access it with the case on?

Would like a good iphone case battery when I change jobs in a month and have to be on the go for long shifts, curious if this is the case for me.

Thanks!

I would say this is a good case and worked great for me. You can charge the phone and the case at the same time, but it charges with it's own cable with a USB plug-in for your computer. (There's no plug-in for your iphone charger.) So, know going in you need to charge the case with your computer's USB and you only get the one cable with the phone. Hopefully this helps, but for me has worked great.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1
bullfrogj wrote:For anyone who has one of these (either model):

Thanks!

I bought this for my mom for Xmas.
1. Yup, if you use the micro-USB that comes with it, you can charge both your phone and the case at the same time. So that is kind-of a nice feature. I'm actually thinking about getting that dual-battery thing they have up there now.

2. But any iDocking thing you have won't work. You're correct, it covers it up. SO annoying. I hope they fixed that in newer versions!

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
inkycatz wrote:You totally get to be my favorite person today.

Thanks! I have to assume that's at least as much of an honor as getting one's design printed on shirt.woot, minus the moolah and all.

Started out with the haiku from the cases offered about a week or so ago, and now got a few limericks in. I guess next time I'll work on some sonnets, and maybe my swan song will be an epic poem about the MS Surface! (I kid, I kid!)