WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Resolve to Make a Podcast with Blue Microphones

You've got all kinds of great ideas! And they just sit around in your head. People need to hear this stuff, man! That's why you should start recording this stuff and uploading it for the masses! Or the 12 of your extended friends willing to humor you.
Blue Microphones official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

If you were to make a podcast, what would the topic be?

I'm just hanging out, really.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

So, sellouts on Woot make for more events?

falken1974

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falken1974
inkycatz wrote:If you were to make a podcast, what would the topic be?

I have a snowball, I love it. Low noise, and they sound great. I use it for all my youtube videos, the channel is falken1974a

For Skype, it works well also. being able to change the pattern helps. If one doesn't work, switch it to another. You just have to be careful as the pick up the P's and B's very well. A pop filter is almost a must.

mystiquecon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mystiquecon

Does anyone have the yeti? Or does someone know of a good microphone for music?

cornellbigred

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cornellbigred

meh deal. the white snowball microphone was $50 with amazon prime shipping only a couple days ago (now it's $63). went for as low as $42 in November.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
mystiquecon wrote:Does anyone have the yeti? Or does someone know of a good microphone for music?

check out the baby bottle.

that was fun while it lasted!

ISguitarist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ISguitarist
mystiquecon wrote:Does anyone have the yeti? Or does someone know of a good microphone for music?

I just got a Yeti from a competitor, and can honestly say its the best mic I've owned, even out of many of the 'professional' XLR mics I've used in the past for musical recording.

I do recommend getting a pop filter for it, though; its sensitivity is superb. It definitely requires some getting used to depending on the timbre of your voice/whatever you may be recording in regards to gain/proper distance, etc.

In short; once you get used to it and get it set up, its up there with pro mics that are much more expensive, and generally require a lot more hardware.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

A friend and I bought the Avid Vocal Studio mic; our plan is to podcast the Bible in King James English. There's already a GREAT Bible podcast out there in multiple translations (a new translation a week) called the Daily Audio Bible, but no King James. We also plan to make children's Bible story programs, but not sure we'll podcast them. We used a lot of recorded voices and sounds for 2012's Christmas play at church.

inkycatz wrote:If you were to make a podcast, what would the topic be?

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

I listen to lots of them (admittedly most about gaming) and I've always wanted to do one, but just don't know what I'd talk about, who I'd do it with, or more importantly where I'd find the time. I've always heard good things about the Blue series though, I'd probably fork out the cash to pick one up if I ever found time and got started.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

mystiquecon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mystiquecon
ISguitarist wrote:I just got a Yeti from a competitor, and can honestly say its the best mic I've owned, even out of many of the 'professional' XLR mics I've used in the past for musical recording.

I do recommend getting a pop filter for it, though; its sensitivity is superb. It definitely requires some getting used to depending on the timbre of your voice/whatever you may be recording in regards to gain/proper distance, etc.

In short; once you get used to it and get it set up, its up there with pro mics that are much more expensive, and generally require a lot more hardware.

Thanks! That's good to know. ^_^

fat50strat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fat50strat

I have a snowball, I think it cost me 60 when I bought it (brushed aluminum). For Skype it works great, for podcasts I would assume the same, I use mine for home recording and it's fantastic.

I was drunk for my first woot...now I can't stop coming here.

ithoughti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ithoughti

ha, w00t has become laughable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VA464S/

$91.79 on amazon (w00t's parent company) and I can have it in 2 days, free shipping. So, it's LESS MONEY on amazon and I have it about 2 weeks sooner.

woot, please.

psychicchicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychicchicken

Just like a Telefunken U47...