xcypher73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xcypher73

Bought these and they don't work. Woot has not responded to any emails whatsoever. Really appreciate it. :/

narutofanz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages narutofanz

Hi Miniskunk, I shared your review on amazon as many users were backing out of these speakers just b/c of mentioned issue. I hope you don't mind, all credit goes to you for this-as was mentioned in my posting on amazon. Thank you again.

miniskunk wrote:In regards to the auto shut off after 30 mins, there is a free program called SPDIFKeepAlive that sends a continuous inaudible signal over the TOSlink or wire connection. This should keep it from auto turning off when you don't want it to. It has several different ways to keep the device on in case the inaudible tone doesn't work such as running an audible one at the lowest volume setting possible that is hard to hear unless you turn the speakers way up.

I use this on my home PC because my sound card will turn off the TOSlink when there is extended audio inactivity resulting in a nasty loud pop sound coming from my surround system. With the program running, it stays active all the time.

sandifop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandifop

The Mac OS version of this utility can be found at http://dcgod.com/silentbutdeadly/

miniskunk wrote:In regards to the auto shut off after 30 mins, there is a free program called SPDIFKeepAlive that sends a continuous inaudible signal over the TOSlink or wire connection. This should keep it from auto turning off when you don't want it to. It has several different ways to keep the device on in case the inaudible tone doesn't work such as running an audible one at the lowest volume setting possible that is hard to hear unless you turn the speakers way up.

I use this on my home PC because my sound card will turn off the TOSlink when there is extended audio inactivity resulting in a nasty loud pop sound coming from my surround system. With the program running, it stays active all the time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xcypher73 wrote:Bought these and they don't work. Woot has not responded to any emails whatsoever. Really appreciate it. :/

Sorry for the problems. I'll ping them from this end to see if that helps. Have you checked your spam folders?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jeffaudyssey

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeffaudyssey
cmacclel wrote:Why don't you touch base to all of us on why these apparently have a super high "out of Box" failure rate. Evertime these come up for sale a bunch of people receive DOA units.

Hi, because its not accurate. There have been some DOA's but with the large quantity that have been sold here, its a very small percentage.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jeffaudyssey wrote:Hi, because its not accurate. There have been some DOA's but with the large quantity that have been sold here, its a very small percentage.

This matches our records too. There have been a very small percentage of units with problems. The thing to remember is that people with problems are more likely to post than those that are happy with their purchase.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jeffaudyssey

Gizmodo Review

http://gizmodo.com/5825342/audyssey-lower-east-side-speakers-desk+small-tv+brilliant/gallery/1

cindyrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindyrt
hrhollar wrote:I purchased these the last time they were offered(October 12)...I was first disappointed, thinking that they were just marginal speakers with little volume and a disappointing, flat soundstage...then I hooked them up with an optical speaker wire - Wow, huge difference! They really shine with the optical connection, very good volume and great bass...however....

After a few weeks the optical line connection, which was a little loose, started to loosen just a bit and I had a stuttering connection....I sent them back,(my $25.00) - they would not pay for shipping back to their location, even thought the product was defective...

I am STILL waiting on my replacements - I sent them this e-mail 12/28 and still have not heard from them...

The defective speakers were received by Audyssey last Wednesday....when will I receive new replacement speakers? I am not happy about spending $25.00 to send Defective speakers back to you for replacement - according to the site I purchased the speakers from, there were many defective speakers sold on that one site....please have someone respond as why so many defective speakers were sent out, and why the burden of replacing the speakers is on the Client - sadly, great speakers, terrible customer service tactics.....

As said, Great speakers, terrible customer service.

I am checking on the status of your particular RMA. I'm sorry for any delays during the holiday while our office was closed. Should you or any other customers need assistance on a return please contact me directly at ctrudeau@audyssey.com and I'll help you out.

hrhollar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hrhollar

Thank you for your concern over my post - I have been in contact with Cindy...as a side note, I also purchased the Audio Dock Air a month ago before I had any issues with the media speakers, and I am pleased with it also.

As for only negative reviews get posted, we all appreciate the diligent, well-thought comments on this board for reliance on products. I appreciate and respect all of the comments, and many have caused me to purchase a product or be wary of purchasing one.

Thanks to Woot and this board for allowing honest and quick comments, as my trust in the Woot consumers are deeper than those of other sites.

mmcdonough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmcdonough

Bought these for my son for Christmas....he installed them on his computer and they crank! Great crispy sound and deep base

colgraff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colgraff

I ordered these the last time they were on Woot; they sounded great for a couple of weeks, then stopped working. Clearly, these speakers are working fine for most people, and they may well be worth the gamble for the price; I'm tempted myself. But they aren't entirely reliable.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
colgraff wrote:I ordered these the last time they were on Woot; they sounded great for a couple of weeks, then stopped working. Clearly, these speakers are working fine for most people, and they may well be worth the gamble for the price; I'm tempted myself. But they aren't entirely reliable.

You may want to contact Audyssey support to see what can be done about that! Sorry they aren't working for you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

santhi06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santhi06

Since it only has a digital input and not HDMI, how do i connect a HDMI output from a samsung-all-in-one windows_8 PC (which has HDMI and no optical out)?
Would i need to get a HDMI-to-TOSlink converter/splitter? or I am stuck with 3.5mm analog only.

I would have to then settle for a soundbar probably which accepts HDMI.

thanks in advance

jeffaudyssey

santhi06 wrote:Since it only has a digital input and not HDMI, how do i connect a HDMI output from a samsung-all-in-one windows_8 PC (which has HDMI and no optical out)?
Would i need to get a HDMI-to-TOSlink converter/splitter? or I am stuck with 3.5mm analog only.

thanks in advance

Hi,
I’m sure you could probably find an HDMI to TOSlink converter, though I imagine that there would be problems with copy protected content and such, so it may end up being complicated and problematic. You are probably better off just using the analog connection

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
santhi06 wrote:Since it only has a digital input and not HDMI, how do i connect a HDMI output from a samsung-all-in-one windows_8 PC (which has HDMI and no optical out)?

thanks in advance

Converters do exist but they are rare and hard to find and expensive because they not only have to change electrical pulses to light pulses, they also need to change the way those bits are formatted. They don't speak the same language. A better option is to get an external usb soundcard that supports optical spdif like this

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Advantage-Digital-Adapter/dp/B0036VO4X4

lyman123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lyman123
hosupd wrote:I've been running the A5's for a couple years now and despite their auto-off feature (where the A5's have auto-on) I much prefer these. I got them during the October woot and use them on my desk, within arm's reach. The A5's have a better bass reach which is understandable given their much larger size. I had been using them as desktop speakers since getting them, now they are temporary TV speakers until I can start building a surround sound system in my living room.

Moving from office to living room while the same song is playing over AirPlay on both sets, Audyssey takes the cake. They sound incredible.

Hey, If you want, I'll send you $80 right now and take the A5s off your hands. I love mine (I mostly listen to classical and they are great for that), and my son has been eyeing my A5s for college.

You can get another set of Audyssey's and get those stinky sounding A5s out of your house!

Mongerty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mongerty

I purchased these last time, and they are really nice for the moderate level of gaming on do on my PC. Company of Heroes sounds fantastic, and the extra thump these speakers pack really helps put some weight behind explosions and such.

They are really heavy and quality. Sorry to hear about other people getting them DOA, as they have been awesome for me.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
mgessel wrote:Hook a small pair of speakers up to a good amplifier, muffle the main drivers with a blanket and turn the treble and bass all the way up on the amp (and punch the "loudness" button for good measure). Now you have an idea what these sound like.

I can clearly hear them by your description. Kind of like a crappy car stereo with the "Mud Bass" (240Hz center) and treble turned all the way up.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

topshelf7777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topshelf7777
Ringo4422 wrote:I can clearly hear them by your description. Kind of like a crappy car stereo with the "Mud Bass" (240Hz center) and treble turned all the way up.

Speakers are always subjective and open to debate, but I love these. The bass is tight, not muddy and goes pretty deep for a small enclosure. The fact that it has optical connectivity, and at this price makes it a ridiculously good value!

santhi06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santhi06
lete wrote:Converters do exist but they are rare and hard to find and expensive because they not only have to change electrical pulses to light pulses, they also need to change the way those bits are formatted. They don't speak the same language. A better option is to get an external usb soundcard that supports optical spdif like this

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Advantage-Digital-Adapter/dp/B0036VO4X4

Thank you very much for the info. I will check this out. Interesting that these all-in-ones don't come out with a digital output.

mangamonster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mangamonster

Ordered a couple sets for myself and for our gaming podcast show for review/discussion. Having done quite a few hi-fi audio reviews myself on youtube (Deckhanddavy), I can't wait to audition these speakers.

I'm not a big fan of Digital processing, but for multi-media purposes such as gaming and general music listening, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these. Especially so since the Audyssey name is behind this hardware.

Thanks again for the great deal Audyssey and Woot!

Gamrz Podcast Show

hrhollar

Sadly, but not surprisingly, I have not heard from either Jeff or Cindy....kinda like the airline or telephone customer service - never getting back to you in a respectful or appropriate time - only at Their convenience.

Keep in mind Audyssey has my defective speakers and the $25.00 I paid to ship the Defective speakers back...

I have Never had to pay to send defective merchandise back...and then now not be contacted by the seller!

Hey Audyssey, YOU HAVE MY DEFECTIVE SPEAKERS AND THE $25.00 THAT I PAID TO SEND THEM BACK TO YOU...WHATCHA GONNA DO?

cindyrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cindyrt
hrhollar wrote:Sadly, but not surprisingly, I have not heard from either Jeff or Cindy....kinda like the airline or telephone customer service - never getting back to you in a respectful or appropriate time - only at Their convenience.

Keep in mind Audyssey has my defective speakers and the $25.00 I paid to ship the Defective speakers back...

I have Never had to pay to send defective merchandise back...and then now not be contacted by the seller!

Hey Audyssey, YOU HAVE MY DEFECTIVE SPEAKERS AND THE $25.00 THAT I PAID TO SEND THEM BACK TO YOU...WHATCHA GONNA DO?

I did put through a status request but have not heard back. I'm very sorry for the delay, but please know that yesterday was our first day back in the office after the holiday. I have asked the department that handles the returns to treat yours as priority and I will send you a personal email once I have a tracking number for the repaired or replacement unit that is on its way back to you.

nicacolo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nicacolo
jeffaudyssey wrote:Another advantage of the optical connectivity is that it allows you to use this with Apple TV which can make this airplay compatible.

I completely agree! I got mine yesterday and they sound amazing!

cruz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruz3

Didn't work out of the box. Buyer beware! I sent an e-mail using the product support form at Audyssey and will see how long it takes. I can deal with products that don't work as long as I don't have to deal with WEEKS before getting help.

antikid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages antikid

got mine on saturday 1/5/13, took all of 3 days to get to me!!
they sound great imho. i am using the optical connection and using them as pc speakers.

if i leave the 3.5mm jack plugged in to the speakers i get bad static when my iphone/ipod is not connected on the other end.
that is a small complaint since i would have liked to leave it plugged in, but only a small annoyance to plug/unplug when needed.
when i do plug in my phone/ipod the static goes away and the sound is great.

the power led is probably the best i have ever seen! instead of it being annoyingly bright, it is behind the cloth cover and is not bright at all.
no electrical tape is needed to black it out.

i am thinking i will buy another pair for the garage when they come up again

hrhollar

Received my replacement speakers last week - they are working, and sound amazing!

Still have a bit of bad taste in my mouth for having to spend $25.00 shipping to send them back when they were defective - you guys need to up your QA or review your replacement shipping costs when the customer sends defective speakers back - it also took about 3 weeks to receive the replacements.