3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jamieinoc

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jamieinoc

While I can't find any reviews, I did find this on TigerDirect. For $50, might be worth a shot.

Paulcraig3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Paulcraig3

I find it extremely odd that this device has no reviews at ANY online retailer, and that I cannot locate a manufacturer's website either. Affinity certainly isn't a major name brand, so this is beginning to sound like a "white van" kind of item. It could sound great, but it's not that great of a deal (just a few dollars lower than other sites) and you're stuck with it due to Woot's nonexistent return policy. This is a VERY poor Woot-when are we going to get some quality stuff here?

jamieinoc

I did find the the manufacturer's website.

jamieinoc

Here is the fine print of the warranty from Affinity (and it certainly is limited): http://myaffinity.us/?page_id=325

vladgur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vladgur

Paulcraig3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Paulcraig3
jamieinoc wrote:I did find the the manufacturer's website.

Thanks. 118 Better Business Bureau complaints in 3 years mostly regarding not honoring warranty issues. Kith Consumer Products based in Chino, CA.

Think I'll pass on this one, maybe some more awesome Audyssey stuff will be on woot soon.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE REDUCED!

We've lowered the price to $40. If you ordered prior to the price change, you will automatically be refunded the difference, usually by the next business day.

Now, go buy 3!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3

Any personal reviews?

Anyone....

Anyone....

jcphlux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcphlux

Still trying to decide if it is worth $45.

John Cutburth

chris112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris112
jcphlux wrote:Still trying to decide if it is worth $45.

Not when its still $44 shipped on buy.com

dbdigital

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dbdigital

I bought 2 months ago from buy.com for $40.

Can't speak to warranty and support issues but the unit works well (pairing) and the sound is very good. Port in back for bass so placement allows one to tweak the impact of bass.

The sound is pleasing and fairly flat.

Has line in plug in as well so not just slave to Bluetooth.

puptmstr1240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puptmstr1240
dbdigital wrote:I bought 2 months ago from buy.com for $40.

Can't speak to warranty and support issues but the unit works well (pairing) and the sound is very good. Port in back for bass so placement allows one to tweak the impact of bass.

The sound is pleasing and fairly flat.

Has line in plug in as well so not just slave to Bluetooth.

A couple quick questions for you since you own one. How loud does it get? Does the sound get distorted at louder volumes?

jptraub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jptraub
Rustyh3 wrote:Any personal reviews?

Anyone....

Anyone....

I have this speaker system and it sounds really good.....especially for the price....

I recommend this to anyone..... I got one of their TVs too and it has a good picture...

shoffman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoffman

Knock this one down to closer to $30 then it would be a woot for me. Not buying a unknown name for more than I can get a similar known name speaker from Tiger.

purplebenisimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purplebenisimo

Anyone know if this would work well in a car? (bluetooth to FM devices don't work well where I live) Is there a 12 volt adapter? Thanks!

geokahler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geokahler

Does this work with phone features? Would like to use something like this for a family speaker phone (connected to the iphone). Thanks!

affinitytv

quality posts: 2 Private Messages affinitytv
Paulcraig3 wrote:I find it extremely odd that this device has no reviews at ANY online retailer, and that I cannot locate a manufacturer's website either. Affinity certainly isn't a major name brand, so this is beginning to sound like a "white van" kind of item. It could sound great, but it's not that great of a deal (just a few dollars lower than other sites) and you're stuck with it due to Woot's nonexistent return policy. This is a VERY poor Woot-when are we going to get some quality stuff here?

Affinity is a new brand that launched in 2011 with HDTV's sold at retail stores and eCommerce sites. The SBX400 is a new item that just launched and that is why you haven't seen any reviews yet. Give the brand a shot and you won't be disappointed. I work for the company and all reviews on our products have been solid.

affinitytv

geokahler wrote:Does this work with phone features? Would like to use something like this for a family speaker phone (connected to the iphone). Thanks!

The SBX400 only plays music, does not function as a speakerphone. Great to listen to music in any room or office. I work for Affinity and I have one in my office.

affinitytv

puptmstr1240 wrote:A couple quick questions for you since you own one. How loud does it get? Does the sound get distorted at louder volumes?

Volume gets to a pretty good level but it won't distort. I work for Affinity and I have one in my office and at home. You won't be disappointed.

affinitytv

Anyone....

Anyone....

There are no reviews on this product yet since it just launched but you can find reviews on our TVs and they are mostly 4 and 5 stars. I work for Affinity and the company's goal is to build a brand on quality products and offer at a good value. Hope this helps

affinitytv

Paulcraig3 wrote:Thanks. 118 Better Business Bureau complaints in 3 years mostly regarding not honoring warranty issues. Kith Consumer Products based in Chino, CA.

Think I'll pass on this one, maybe some more awesome Audyssey stuff will be on woot soon.

The Affinity brand just launched in late 2011 and have new management in place to make sure that we do not get any more of these complaints.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

affinitytv wrote:Affinity is a new brand that launched in 2011 with HDTV's sold at retail stores and eCommerce sites. The SBX400 is a new item that just launched and that is why you haven't seen any reviews yet. Give the brand a shot and you won't be disappointed. I work for the company and all reviews on our products have been solid.

Welcome! Thanks for stopping in. Feel free to introduce yourself and continue answering questions.

We really appreciate your time.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

heekilee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heekilee

Can you plug earphones into this thing? Might be useful for work desk but only if I can plug earphones into it if need be.

coulombz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coulombz

Will it lose its pairing when unplugged?

Cmersman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cmersman

Great sound on this item

dbdigital

puptmstr1240 wrote:A couple quick questions for you since you own one. How loud does it get? Does the sound get distorted at louder volumes?

It gets reasonably loud, much better than built in iPad speaker and no distortion at highest volume, if source isn't distorted already!

dbdigital

heekilee wrote:Can you plug earphones into this thing? Might be useful for work desk but only if I can plug earphones into it if need be.

No, aux input is only jack on unit for non Bluetooth hardware "pairing".

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 37 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Should be fairly simple to add a headphone jack if you don't mind voiding the already sketchy warranty.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 37 Private Messages jiggersgreen

In for one on faith, but I do wish it had a re-chargeable battery built in.

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg

If only we could find someone that works for Affinity...

lilwoodhorse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilwoodhorse
jamieinoc wrote:While I can't find any reviews, I did find this on TigerDirect. For $50, might be worth a shot.

I received mine today, I like it. Decent sound, bluetooth works flawlessly, nice little device.

2ndBagger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2ndBagger

Got mine today also. Sound just OK. Minimal bass. In my office next to my little Eton radio to which it can't compare. A dropout every few minutes, could be my iPhone.

mbk21

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbk21

Anyone....

Anyone....

I bought one while it was on sale at Woot and received it today. So far all is good -- paired up with my Ipod in <20 seconds, sounds great. No vibration or detectable distortion at high volumes. (Not detectable by me, at any rate -- there was a Scorpions concert in '88 that took its toll on my hearing.)

I'll update if anything changes, but thus far I'm very satisfied.