WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's a Razer, not a Braiser

You can only get one or the other. Unless you can afford both. But we're betting since you're on Tech.Woot you're looking for a Razer, not a braiser.
Razer official site

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks like we've got your gaming fingers, thumbs, and ears all covered.

Share your thoughts on what you like best of these.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dburrescia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dburrescia

Does it work on an iMAC?

buddysleeker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buddysleeker

dang 2 hours and the lachesis is already sold out

crsnbltt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crsnbltt
buddysleeker wrote:dang 2 hours and the lachesis is already sold out

I bought this mouse 2 (or so ) weeks ago when they had it on sale. I used it for like 3 days, don't like the size of it. I have been looking to do something with it if you are interested

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
It's a Razer, not a Braiser

Mmmmmmm, Brazier...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

afouts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afouts

I purchased the black widow, carcharias, and nostromo the last time the razer products were up. Over all I am disappointed with what I received. I have multiple other razer items that I have purchased brand new from their site and really like them, but the refurbished items are no good. Both the black widow and nostromo have issues with the buttons working properly. I would recommend buying razer's stuff, but stick to getting it new and not having to worry about getting something that doesn't work properly and having to deal with getting it replaced.

afouts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afouts
dburrescia wrote:Does it work on an iMAC?

most of them work on an iMac just fine, a way to check that something is New Year compatible is to look on razer's site and see if they have a driver for what you want to buy.

buddysleeker

crsnbltt wrote:I bought this mouse 2 (or so ) weeks ago when they had it on sale. I used it for like 3 days, don't like the size of it. I have been looking to do something with it if you are interested

maybe. Did it work well and how does it look?

crannon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crannon

I had the deathadder at one point. I really wasn't impressed and returned it. It's just a sharp looking but completely ordinary bare bones mouse. Nothing extra.

crsnbltt

buddysleeker wrote:maybe. Did it work well and how does it look?

Works good, its a palm grip mouse so its bigger than an average mouse. Especially in the palm area. I dont like that, I use my fingers to grip. Thats why I want to get rid of it. It looks cool, like the pictures.

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

FYI the Black Widow (new) is on amazon right now for $79.99 as prime or super saver shipping for free.

www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8

I only know because I just bought the Mac version a couple days ago because I got so used to the one on my gaming rig. And the Mac one is a couple bucks less even.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

justafreak

ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like we've got your gaming fingers, thumbs, and ears all covered.

Share your thoughts on what you like best of these.

I own two standard black widows and one Mac version and 4 death adders..one of which I leave in my travel bag. If you like mechanical keyboards....gamer or not, the black widow is your keyboard for sure....and those mice are comfortable and super sensitive..great for gaming and photoshop.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

I bought the back lit keyboard 5 years ago refurbished. It still works although the keys from wear and being lit for a long time are wearing out. I highly recommend it refurbished. I found no difference between new or refurbed Razer keyboards or mice.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

ryhughes19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryhughes19

I've gotten 2 refurbished Lycosa keyboards and both have certain keys that stick. It is awful, my $9.99 standard Walmart KB works better!

I also bought a Razer refurbished headset a month or so ago off here and it arrived broken and they couldn't replace because it was now sold out.

I bought a new Naga mouse off the Razer site and it has been amazing.

I haven't had very good luck with Razer on Woot. Just my input, still love Woot though!

ripelwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripelwood

I bought the razer lycosa keyboard, it is possibly one of the worst keyboards ive ever used in the ~20 years of computing ive experienced. many of the issues experienced by others are not just random flukes caused by faulty hardware, they are inherent design problems. do not buy it, go buy a microsoft sidewinder keyboard instead. thats what i used for SIX YEARS before picking the lycosa up, and ive already switched back to it.

jmsonic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmsonic
justafreak wrote:FYI the Black Widow (new) is on amazon right now for $79.99 as prime or super saver shipping for free.

www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ1VD8

I only know because I just bought the Mac version a couple days ago because I got so used to the one on my gaming rig. And the Mac one is a couple bucks less even.

Actually, this one is the "ultimate" version, while the Amazon version is the "standard" version. I've been trying to figure out what is so "ultimate" about the Ultimate version, but I can't seem to find a decent comparison chart anywhere. Anyone know the difference(s)?

Is it even worth considering? Reviews seem to be love/hate, so I'm assuming it's a gamble ordering the refurbs. I desperately need a new keyboard so I'm thinking about giving it a try...

trbofr13nd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trbofr13nd

Strange, I've been kind of waiting for the Orochi to go on sale on Woot, but now that it is I'm not sure I want to spring for it. My basic Logitech wireless mouse has been serving me fine. My main attraction to the mouse was that it has 7 reprogrammable buttons on it that I wanted to use to switch weapons in TF2, but I've gotten much better at using the number keys since then.

People on amazon sort of seem like they could go either way. If I needed a new mouse I'd totally buy it, especially at half-off.

Sig sig sig sig sig

buddysleeker

crsnbltt wrote:Works good, its a palm grip mouse so its bigger than an average mouse. Especially in the palm area. I dont like that, I use my fingers to grip. Thats why I want to get rid of it. It looks cool, like the pictures.

How much are you looking for it?

justafreak

jmsonic wrote:Actually, this one is the "ultimate" version, while the Amazon version is the "standard" version. I've been trying to figure out what is so "ultimate" about the Ultimate version, but I can't seem to find a decent comparison chart anywhere. Anyone know the difference(s)?

Is it even worth considering? Reviews seem to be love/hate, so I'm assuming it's a gamble ordering the refurbs. I desperately need a new keyboard so I'm thinking about giving it a try...

Good point..I missed that..the difference I think is the key lights.

Also on of my two ultimate versions is. Woot refurb....works great.

crsnbltt

buddysleeker wrote:How much are you looking for it?

I paid $35 with shipping. I think that is a good jumping off point.

rsaz904

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsaz904

I've had two lycosa's fail in the same manner. The first one they replaced for free as it was under warranty. The warranty wasn't extended for the second one and that one failed a few months later. I've been very happy with my deathadder mouse and my Tiamat 2.2 headphones, but the lycosa is a terrible product. A quick google search will reveal that the stuck / non-responsive keys is a common problem likely due to poor manufacturing. A keyboard with broken keys is quite useless.

ryhughes19 wrote:I've gotten 2 refurbished Lycosa keyboards and both have certain keys that stick. It is awful, my $9.99 standard Walmart KB works better!

I also bought a Razer refurbished headset a month or so ago off here and it arrived broken and they couldn't replace because it was now sold out.

I bought a new Naga mouse off the Razer site and it has been amazing.

I haven't had very good luck with Razer on Woot. Just my input, still love Woot though!

codyvu22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codyvu22
crannon wrote:I had the deathadder at one point. I really wasn't impressed and returned it. It's just a sharp looking but completely ordinary bare bones mouse. Nothing extra.

That's the beauty of it, the simplicity. Gamers who don't need all those extra buttons and non sense on their mice (like myself) will fall in love with it. Definitely suggest a good mouse pad though.

swiftsilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swiftsilence

anyone bought the onza controller from here before? I'm kind of skeptical since its used. Was wondering if its any good for pc use?

nateous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nateous

I've seen the $35 nostromo on here before, refurb'd, but I've never jumped on it?

Can anyone comment on its use for gaming? How reliable are Woot's refurbished products? It is worth shelling out the additional $20 bucks and buy new?

Sorry for all the questions.
Nate

croettger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages croettger

The lycos keyboards are terrible. We have 2 of them one new one refurbished, keys randomly stop working and you have to unplug the keyboards and plug them back in. Sometime I have to reboot the pc. Likes to happen to me in games, not the greatest gamer anyway so normally dead by the time I realize the number for healing stopped working.

jpeg543

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpeg543
nateous wrote:I've seen the $35 nostromo on here before, refurb'd, but I've never jumped on it?

Can anyone comment on its use for gaming? How reliable are Woot's refurbished products? It is worth shelling out the additional $20 bucks and buy new?

Sorry for all the questions.
Nate

I bought one and love it, though I wish it had some more keys. I may switch over to the Logitech equivalent because of that, but for now this one is fine. It's got the right number of keys for MOBA's, like League of Legends, and my game has improved since picking it up. Needs more buttons if I were going to use it for WOW or another MMO, though. Seems fine for the FPS's I play, though DayZ uses a lot of buttons, too, so it's been a bit difficult to adjust to that. Over all though I'd say look over the layout and think over what games you play most. If you're a FPS player or MOBA player, I'd say this is a great piece of hardware, MMO's with lots of keys for abilities, maybe not. (Combine it with a NAGA Epic though, and you've got plenty of buttons ;) )

I also had a friend pick one of these up at the same time as me, we both got them from Woot. His had a dead key on it, and he's having a bit of a hard time getting it replaced. These are refurbs, so be aware that you might have some issues. Mine was fine though, and again I'm quite happy with it.

nateous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nateous
jpeg543 wrote:I bought one and love it, though I wish it had some more keys. I may switch over to the Logitech equivalent because of that, but for now this one is fine. It's got the right number of keys for MOBA's, like League of Legends, and my game has improved since picking it up. Needs more buttons if I were going to use it for WOW or another MMO, though. Seems fine for the FPS's I play, though DayZ uses a lot of buttons, too, so it's been a bit difficult to adjust to that. Over all though I'd say look over the layout and think over what games you play most. If you're a FPS player or MOBA player, I'd say this is a great piece of hardware, MMO's with lots of keys for abilities, maybe not. (Combine it with a NAGA Epic though, and you've got plenty of buttons ;) )

I also had a friend pick one of these up at the same time as me, we both got them from Woot. His had a dead key on it, and he's having a bit of a hard time getting it replaced. These are refurbs, so be aware that you might have some issues. Mine was fine though, and again I'm quite happy with it.

Thanks for the insight. Currently, I am playing SWTOR (I know...but i cant get back into WOW). Mostly, I play on keybinds from the main keyboard and Numpad, so I was thinking this may be a nice change. I think I will pick this up for the hell of it.

talon4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages talon4x4
jmsonic wrote:Actually, this one is the "ultimate" version, while the Amazon version is the "standard" version. I've been trying to figure out what is so "ultimate" about the Ultimate version, but I can't seem to find a decent comparison chart anywhere. Anyone know the difference(s)?

After doing a comparison on NewEgg the only difference is the LED lighting for the keys.

popmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages popmaster

Who in the world would buy 10 onza TE controllers? I guess they must break easily...

mustbechris

quality posts: 8 Private Messages mustbechris

Amazon reviews on the Onza controller are brutal:

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Professional-Gaming-Controller-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B004DTLZMQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

popmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages popmaster
swiftsilence wrote:anyone bought the onza controller from here before? I'm kind of skeptical since its used. Was wondering if its any good for pc use?

I use mine for xbox, and idk about PC use, I love it, really fast response time, and the re-mapable buttons are great! but you might want to look into a warranty, my first one flipped out and would do random actions, but the one I have now has had no problems, they told me to make sure to treat the contoller well, no dropping or throwing these :P

p4u113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p4u113
codyvu22 wrote:That's the beauty of it, the simplicity. Gamers who don't need all those extra buttons and non sense on their mice (like myself) will fall in love with it. Definitely suggest a good mouse pad though.

Well, that's another thing, Razer actually goes for flashy for the peripherals; they aren't exactly known for long-lasting quality. Steelseries is what you want to look into for no-frills, no-nonsense, quality keyboards and mouses.

buddysleeker

crsnbltt wrote:I paid $35 with shipping. I think that is a good jumping off point.

I'll go for 30 if you pay for shipping. Have you been using the mouse since then or did you just store it?

isralsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

Still no mouse pads to go with em. People never thought expensive mouse pads would go back in style..

ChristinaTX

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChristinaTX

Really disappointed in the Lycosa keyboard. The brand new one Woot sent me had sticky, stiff keys. I contacted Razer who sent me a replaced refurbed. The shift keys are broken, keys are still sticky and stiff. They literally squeak some as I type. I don't know if I want to mess with contacting them again or just go get a different brand. I had high hopes for it.

crsnbltt

buddysleeker wrote:I'll go for 30 if you pay for shipping. Have you been using the mouse since then or did you just store it?

I'm good with $30, I used it for maybe 2 hours a day for 3 days. Now it is just sitting on a shelf. I never had any problems with it I just didn't like the feel of It.

chrismills83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrismills83

I would not recommend anyone buy the Onza 360 controller.

I used to be interested in purchasing this product, so I did a lot of research of reviews for it (mostly on Amazon). Most people who bought it new said that something on the controller would break shortly after the warranty period was up. If you you look it up yourself you will find enough negative or mixed reviews to make you feel wary of buying it.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Onza-tournament-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B004DTU0W2/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

tartar468

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tartar468
mustbechris wrote:Amazon reviews on the Onza controller are brutal:

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Professional-Gaming-Controller-Xbox-360/product-reviews/B004DTLZMQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Yeah I've read through those a couple of times but I decided to go ahead and buy one on here, I feel like a lot of those people didn't take the time or were just so used to their standard 360 controller to give this one a good test. I mean how can you beat adjustable resistance joysticks and two extra buttons? Also I feel like the longer triggers are gonna be awesome for racing games which will be my primary use for this controller on my PC.

ShurGuyWutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShurGuyWutt

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!! I have been through 2-3 lycosas. Keys randomly turn off and buttons stop working. This happened with the brand new one I bought and the replacement that razer sent me... I would not take one of these for FREE. Be warned!!