WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Stuff + Ears = Sound

[Stream of consciousness]: Ears sound buds or headphones some of them microphones shiny! Many colors manufacturers bring great joy whether Queens of the Stone Age or Qbert listening! OOOOOOoooooooOOOOo look at products. Buy products! 

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

In ear, over the ear. With or without mic. Regular, flat, or cloth cord. Wired and wireless. So many choices! Let's see some reviews for some of these. Help your fellow Wooter decide.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

scprice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scprice

I bought 6 of the Trendy Budz (http://tech.woot.com/offers/trendy-budz-3-5mm-earbuds-6) earbuds a week ago, to give as stocking stuffers. I decided to go ahead and open one today to see if they were any good, considering they were only $2 (and only $4 not on sale). Only one earbud worked. A trucker friend of mine says he's seen them at truck stops before, and they're really hit or miss. So far at least one pair I ordered is a miss. I'm still holding out hope that maybe some of the other pairs might be okay when folks open theirs tomorrow.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

scprice wrote:I bought 6 of the Trendy Budz (http://tech.woot.com/offers/trendy-budz-3-5mm-earbuds-6) earbuds a week ago, to give as stocking stuffers. I decided to go ahead and open one today to see if they were any good, considering they were only $2 (and only $4 not on sale). Only one earbud worked. A trucker friend of mine says he's seen them at truck stops before, and they're really hit or miss. So far at least one pair I ordered is a miss. I'm still holding out hope that maybe some of the other pairs might be okay when folks open theirs tomorrow.

hrm. well, given the price, i know it seems silly, but you've got a 1 year warranty through "iLuv," so if the buds are duds, all hope is not lost.

sorry about that, tho. kind of a shame.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

iLuv iEP322PNK City Lights Ultra Bass In-Ear Earphones - Pink

Bought these, love them.

I am not an expert, don't know the technical difference or what makes one set of earbuds better than the other. But these were great for me. Got good sound out of them. Mostly listen to tv at the gym and music. I have a pair of noise reduction earbuds and they are good but I like the depth of sound I get from these.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie

The iLuv's have ok sound. Not as good as the 8320's I've tried, but they fit better and don't pull out as easily.

I use em for jogging.

Woot, what is up with your MEE's? did you only have one pair or something?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jdelvoie wrote:Woot, what is up with your MEE's? did you only have one pair or something?

Plus deals will often have smaller quantities which is why we can't offer them as a Daily deal. It could be that's all we could get or it could be testing interest.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek

What gives with most if not all manufactures of ear buds? The size of your ear channel is not just about your overall size or gender. Genetics also has a part in it.

As an average size male I have a hard time finding any "in ear" device that fit me comfortably. Their smallest tip size is to big. Even my 6' 5" son has a hard time finding ones that fit him. I purchased a couple of sets of these on another site(BTW cheaper + FREE Shipping) for my wife and daughters and tried a set myself. What a difference with the XS size ear tips, they fit so well. Also the design lets the whole ear bud sit comfortably within the ear. These are great.

Friends and co-workers of one of my daughters, after seeing them have also purchased them. Everyone so far loves them. She is now on her second set. They are not designed to catch your iPhone when you drop it(for the nnth time). They have never unplugged from the iPhone during any of the drops and have saved the iPhone itself from being damaged.

From a technical side, we are very pleased with the sound quality. Even though I'd have to pay for shipping here, I'm tempted to get extras of the gold ones as spares(sold out on the other site). Even at $8.17( 6.50 * 3 + 5.00 / 3 ) it's not a bad buy. Woot, are you sure you can't make it $5.00 + free shipping????

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
friartek wrote:What gives with most if not all manufactures of ear buds? The size of your ear channel is not just about your overall size or gender. Genetics also has a part in it.

Small ear channels also run in my family. I have always found buds EXTREMELY uncomfortable until I purchased the Lantec Bliss buds a couple of months ago. It is so nice to not end up with sore ears after having them stretched funny to try and fit the bud in.

I also bought a pair for my son (he used one of the extra small tips and one medium). Luckily, the "bling" didn't bother him. Would be nice to have them in gender neutral though.

And I like the sound quality too :D

InspiredMom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InspiredMom

Bought two of these last time around - 1 for me and 1 for a friend. They are fantastic for my small ears...the fit is perfect and the sound is great. I highly recommend these especially for listening to wootcasts :-) Now, if only woot would sell some products for my little Muppet hands...

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

I have been using the Klipsech's bought here on a previous woot. I bought 3 pairs of these in the last daily (red, blue, pink) for gifts. I ended up keeping the pinks. Tried one in each ear, and the Iluv's have a much richer, deeper sound. (Volume levels between the two weren't the same, so had to factor that in.) The Iluv's were louder. But the Klipsech's are a much more comfortable fit for me. The person who got the red set raves about them, so the sound quality isn't an issue at all.