3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

20 dollars more and you can get a brand new one at Costco, how can this be a deal

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

apctek1998 wrote:20 dollars more and you can get a brand new one at Costco, how can this be a deal

I'm seeing no longer available at Costco.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

wootmeharder

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootmeharder

Horrible reviews from amazon, Costco and just about every other site I found.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wootmeharder wrote:Horrible reviews from amazon, Costco and just about every other site I found.

There are no reviews for this model at Amazon.

Costco showed an average 3.5 stars out of 5 but it's no longer available.

Walmart has 4 stars.

Samsung is 3.8/5 stars.

Please don't drop random comments like that without something to back it up.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

wonbadan

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wonbadan
ThunderThighs wrote:There are no reviews for this model at Amazon.

Walmart has 4 stars.

I do believe the prior poster was right about poor review on this blu-ray player:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Factory-Refurbished-BD-EM57C-Player/product-reviews/B007X4KAF6

ThunderThighs

Staff

wonbadan wrote:I do believe the prior poster was right about poor review on this blu-ray player:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Factory-Refurbished-BD-EM57C-Player/product-reviews/B007X4KAF6

Thank you for providing a link.

FORUM MODERATOR

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

Ugh... was just saying how I needed a "real" bluray player. I have a ps3, and I cant get my universal remote to do half of the features, meaning I need the ps3 remote available all the time.

So what does "app platform: Samsung Apps" mean?

Where's the crap?

byrneandy1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages byrneandy1

So, I have a Samsung TV, a Samsung dvd player / receiver with the 5.1 system, and a Samsung cable box from Time Warner. They all communicate and play nice together... I wonder if this bluray play nice with the other Samsungs?

I guess what I'm saying is, when Sam sings sea songs on my Samsung, will Sam's sea songs sound wrong when Samsung sees said songs sung?

(edit: I think I have anynet, so I might go for this one... but I hope you liked my little poem)

ivanhower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ivanhower

The "App platform" means it's a smart Blu-Ray player with access to the Samsung App Store. Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc.

I own this player, I got it from Cowboom a few months ago for $30, shipped. It works fine. I believe a majority of the problems with it are wi-fi related, which is fair. The wi-fi reception on this player is not great. 1 room / 1 wall away, and it only gets 3 bars out of my WD MyNet 900 router. Everything else in the same room gets 4-5 bars (more often 5). If the player was much further, I would expect to have issues with the connection.

Anyway, as a player it works great. As a smart device, it works okay. Not great, but okay.

Also, this Samsung BD player would play as well as any other Samsung device would with your Samsung TV and Samsung DVD 5.1 HTIB. Make sure to hook up the BD player with an HDMI cable to your TV and an optical cable either from your TV to your HTIB, or a coax cable directly from the BD player to the HTIB (depending on your setup).

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27
wootmeharder wrote:Horrible reviews from amazon, Costco and just about every other site I found.

I believe you just got female dog slapped! Use the facts!

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000
markmc27 wrote:I believe you just got female dog slapped! Use the facts!

WOW do you have any 8X10 Glossy's of this you can send.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

I was hoping that they would have fixed it by now, but it appears it still has issues:

I just purchased this unit at Costco to replace my Roku and add a Blu Ray. I use it mainly for Netflix. However, it takes quite a while for this unit to load the apps. Then, more time to to load Netflix. Several times I had to shut down and start over because it would freeze. When I finally got to a movie, it played for about 45 minutes then froze. I rebooted (twice) and found the movie again and started watching. After about 5 minutes it froze up. I went into the other room and turned on my Roku and all was fine. I finished the movie on another TV. I assume the BD player works fine, but this unit is going back to Costco. I have three Roku boxes in two homes and all work fine. This unit is terrible for Netflix.

That was from just the other week.

http://www.amazon.com/review/RFPFHU9V8YOIX

Vullo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vullo

is this player dual voltage by chance or just single voltage?

rnuanah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnuanah

What apps does this has? Can it be used to surfthe web?, pandora?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm seeing no longer available at Costco.

You know when I am surfing the web looking for competitive pricing I am all the time finding supper low prices on sites that also have the words, "no longer available" or something very similar. Seems you can always find incredible bargains from those that have none to sell.

On the other hand, it is fairly common to find very competitive and low prices from suppliers that also, charge you membership fees in order to shop with them.

In fair "apples to apples" comparisons, membership associations and stores should be compared against each other and not with outlets open to the public without fees. And of course, pricing from an advertised supplier that also does not have the product in stock should be left out.

bordo76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bordo76

Got one of these last time they were on sale. The Blu ray player works great but the wifi is super slow and it takes forever to load anything especially Netflix.

usmcwidow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usmcwidow

Do not buy this POS. I've been struggling with mine for a year now. App market wants to update about every third time pretty boots. Internet connectivity is crap. Wifi goes out & i get an error saying the wifi chip isn't plugged in. (!?!) Finally tossed it out the second story window onto the driveway & backed over it withmy truck. Pretty much works as well as ever after that.

toddolinger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddolinger

Betting a bunch of these are Costco returns. Mixed reviews on their site: http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11756508/samsung-samsung-wifi-blu-ray-player-bd-em57c-reviews/reviews.htm

TMO

michaelvella

quality posts: 13 Private Messages michaelvella
apctek1998 wrote:20 dollars more and you can get a brand new one at Costco, how can this be a deal

That's 30 percent off. Not bad. Why is everyone so grumpy on Xmas eve?

sightseer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sightseer

Anyone who has this model, can you play movies/music off a usb flash drive?

Thanks

willdmoeller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willdmoeller
usmcwidow wrote:Do not buy this POS. I've been struggling with mine for a year now. App market wants to update about every third time pretty boots. Internet connectivity is crap. Wifi goes out & i get an error saying the wifi chip isn't plugged in. (!?!) Finally tossed it out the second story window onto the driveway & backed over it withmy truck. Pretty much works as well as ever after that.

Bought this back in July and everything above is absolutely correct. Bluray players is average but WIFI and App Market make it unbearable to function. Netflix consistantly freezing as well.

mantorp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mantorp

I bought the Samsung BD-D5700 a few months ago on here for the same price. Have had no issues, Netflix is fine and it identifies and streams DLNA things from my PC using Plex or PlayOn. Haven't used any other apps, but BluRays and DVDs play without issues. For the price of a dinner out at a good restaurant I can't complain.

vegassmitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegassmitty

Almost pulled the trigger till I read all the online reviews...

wootmeharder

Walmart has 4 stars.

Samsung is 3.8/5 stars.

http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11756508/samsung-samsung-wifi-blu-ray-player-bd-em57c-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=reviewTextLength

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B007X4KAF6/ref=aw_d_cr_electronics/186-1245505-1113966

Here are some links showing what a chitty product this is.

Maybe you could spend less time being a jerk to people who are calling you on the crap you are selling, and more time finding stuff worth selling???

Damn I miss the old Woot!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Last-Minute Selfishness
Honestly, what are you doing here?

So thanks, Woot, for feeding my dangerous compulsive behavior. And while I'm here, let me just say: WOOT ISN'T AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE. IT LOST ITS SOUL AND THERE'S A LOT OF WHITESPACE AND THE SHIRTS ARE DIFFERENT.

Merry Christmas!

ROFL

wootmeharder

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B007X4KAF6/ref=aw_d_cr_electronics/186-1245505-1113966

Your research is as crappy as your products these days LOL

redlyoness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redlyoness

I paid $20 for mine and I wish I had my $20 back. Netflix freezes constantly. HORRIBLE remote design. The front display says Stop all the time, but the cheap lcd makes it look like it says slap--appropos because that's what I want to do to this piece of crap.

tad024

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tad024

I purchased one of these at target for $69.99 about a week ago and it works really well, the wifi works well and discs load quickly and looks great. The built in apps are pretty limited but I got this for my parents who were still running a dvd player so its a good starter BD player.

tomtom4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomtom4u

DOA. Very unhappy!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tomtom4u wrote:DOA. Very unhappy!

Sorry for the late reply.
We recommend that you contact Samsung Customer Support and see if they can help remedy the situation.

If you find that they are unable to help you out, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to assist you.

mandykess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandykess
parrotice wrote:Ugh... was just saying how I needed a "real" bluray player. I have a ps3, and I cant get my universal remote to do half of the features, meaning I need the ps3 remote available all the time.

So what does "app platform: Samsung Apps" mean?

I've thought the same thing but I can't bring myself to pay this much for a Blu-Ray player when the PS3 already has one built in.