3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

Since they are from the House of Marley, shouldn't the buds come packaged in a plastic sandwich baggie?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

What, no hemp bag? ;-P

BTW, no one can hear 15 or 17Hz, and most of us cannot hear above 15kHz. Spec overload.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Of course, they've got good bass; what we're all wondering is: What are the highs like?

roydjt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roydjt

Bob's rolling in his grave right now.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Do the control and mic work with iPhone, and does the jack have the extended narrow plug to make it down through Apple's proprietary Hank Hill narrow urethra of an audio port?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

djarvie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djarvie1

Not happy that these were more expensive right here on Woot a few days ago! What gives?

nine9d

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nine9d
ckeilah wrote:Do the control and mic work with iPhone, and does the jack have the extended narrow plug to make it down through Apple's proprietary Hank Hill narrow urethra of an audio port?

I have had 2 sets of Marley headphones and they are pure awesome. Use them with my iPhone and have no issues at all. I'm considering to buy yet another pair because I just love the sound they give. I say grab a pair.

vladistov

ckeilah wrote:What, no hemp bag? ;-P

BTW, no one can hear 15 or 17Hz, and most of us cannot hear above 15kHz. Spec overload.

That's only true to the extent of testing being unreliable; wide frequency response remains incidental of quality headphones. There is an ironic 'myth about the myth' that can lead to consumers buying garbage simply because it falls within the audible range. I suppose what I'm driving at (hah-hah), is that you don't want to simply look at an expensive pair of headphones and disregard them because you imagine the frequency response to be exaggerated. My Sony MDR-V6s are rated at 5Hz - 30kHz, and despite being unbelievably affordable, are one of the best, most popular monitors on the planet.

swootness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swootness
ckeilah wrote:Do the control and mic work with iPhone, and does the jack have the extended narrow plug to make it down through Apple's proprietary Hank Hill narrow urethra of an audio port?

Seeing as how the pictures of the Rasta and Roots boxes show they say "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad" I would certainly expect them to work with the iPhone and the named Apple products.

swootness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swootness

But wouldn't you expect, instead of or at least in addition to the 3.5mm miniplug, that they would come with alligator clips??

emceeperiod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emceeperiod

I like the Redemption Song twist on the blurb.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 37 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Rasta rhymes with Pasta...in for one.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr
vladistov wrote:Of course, they've got good bass; what we're all wondering is: What are the highs like?

And do you get better highs from Smokin' Buds?

landfieldjc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages landfieldjc

Is that a woven cord, like my guitar cords, or just a pretty cord, like my hurr' cords?

landfield@instagram

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

Usually specs on most buds are 20hz to 20kHz, however the quality of the drivers is key, How is the bass? (big drawback on most lower priced buds), how is the treble?

ckeilah wrote:What, no hemp bag? ;-P

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande
swootness wrote:Seeing as how the pictures of the Rasta and Roots boxes show they say "Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad" I would certainly expect them to work with the iPhone and the named Apple products.

It will work with Ipads, and any audio device that has the standard jack.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

landfieldjc wrote:Is that a woven cord, like my guitar cords, or just a pretty cord, like my hurr' cords?

From the features:

The 52" fabric cord helps reduce tangles and is specially engineered to cut down on static so you get that clear sound

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 37 Private Messages jiggersgreen

This is the feature that really sold me:
Recyclable aluminum ring that’s high quality, adds to durability and keeps materials out of the waste stream. Huh?

vladistov

roydjt wrote:Bob's rolling in his grave right now.

At least they don't come attached to a dreadlock wig.

Adamcp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Adamcp

I am very disappointed. You are selling Marley Earbuds, just days before Christmas, and the write up does not have a cross-over Jacob Marley/Ebenezer Scrooge reference, just some silly reggae reference. I am shocked. I don't know. Maybe this portends the end of the world.

outoftune

quality posts: 3 Private Messages outoftune
vladistov wrote:That's only true to the extent of testing being unreliable; wide frequency response remains incidental of quality headphones. There is an ironic 'myth about the myth' that can lead to consumers buying garbage simply because it falls within the audible range. I suppose what I'm driving at (hah-hah), is that you don't want to simply look at an expensive pair of headphones and disregard them because you imagine the frequency response to be exaggerated. My Sony MDR-V6s are rated at 5Hz - 30kHz, and despite being unbelievably affordable, are one of the best, most popular monitors on the planet.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
vladistov wrote:That's only true to the extent of testing being unreliable; wide frequency response remains incidental of quality headphones. There is an ironic 'myth about the myth' that can lead to consumers buying garbage simply because it falls within the audible range. I suppose what I'm driving at (hah-hah), is that you don't want to simply look at an expensive pair of headphones and disregard them because you imagine the frequency response to be exaggerated. My Sony MDR-V6s are rated at 5Hz - 30kHz, and despite being unbelievably affordable, are one of the best, most popular monitors on the planet.

Although I agree with your point , you also have to admit that specs can be deceiving. Just because something can reproduce sound from 5Hz to 30KHz doesn't mean that it can do it well. Something rated 40Hz to 16KHz may sound a whole lot better. And then you have to throw in the whole subjectivity of what sounds good- some people like things that are flat across the whole range while other people like some extra punch in bass and sizzle on highs.

PS. I like your comment "Of course, they've got good bass; what we're all wondering is: What are the highs like"
you beat me to it.

jakerson9

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jakerson9

I don't worry that Woot missed Jacob Marley - I'm dissappointed that they missed out on the chance to go 3 different ways... with a single write-up.

With some Marley "Ear Buds, what's your problem?" Put them in your ears with Mister Hand! The buds are so good: Aloha Mister Hand.

Just put these buds in your ear and play side one of Led Zeppelin IV... that will make things better, and like Bob said, "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?

Well, you CAN take a day off if you dont want to be a Scrooge... you know, like Jacob Marley? With some Marley ear buds!

Whats your problem...

TXAG96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TXAG96

Wear these to work and see if that random drug testing program is really random after all.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

Did the Woot! buyers decide to load up on these after my question on deals.woot a few weeks ago?

I was looking at buying some House of Marley headphones for my daughter a few weeks back. After reading a lot of reviews, it seems that they're pretty decent for the price. I went with a different brand, but was very close to pulling the trigger on the Marley headphones.

The deciding factor was colors. Most of the Marley brand seem to have Rasta coloring going on. My kid would prefer something more girly.

jvspencer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jvspencer

Don't you look at me so smug
And say I'm going bad.
Who are you to judge me
And the life that I live?
I know that I'm not perfect
And that I don't claim to be.
So before you point your fingers,
Be sure your hands are clean.

Judge not
Before you judge yourself.
Judge not
If you're not ready for judgement. Woah oh oh!

The road of life is rocky
And you may stumble too.
So while you talk about me,
Someone else is judging you.

Judge not
Before you judge yourself.
Judge not
If you're not ready for judgement. Woah oh oh!

The road of life is rocky
And you may stumble too.
So while you talk about me
Someone else is judging you,
Someone else is judging you.
(fadeout)

Just to own a small piece of that is worth it. (There is a Christmas connection here also.)

spamih82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spamih82

Any comments on the quality of the mic? I bought the Maximo buds with mic on Woot not too long ago, and they're unusable on a call--no one can hear me. Reluctant to go with these if the same thing will happen.

loganhrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganhrose

anyone know when they will be shipped/arrival date?

RenoDavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RenoDavid

I just wanted to point out that the Sun model does not have a three-button remote. Clearly visible in the photos.

blackcentury

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blackcentury

Just have to say: Props on the "Redemption Song" re-work!!

chaotickinesis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaotickinesis

The 15Hz-20kHz doesn't mean anything, since the dB variation across that range is not stated. A meaningful frequency response would look something like 20Hz-20kHz +/-3dB, but for all we know these could be 20dB down at any stated frequency.

I'm not exactly sure what people are expecting from these, given the price point and the fact that most of that money is paying for the Marley name. For the same price, Woot frequently offers the Klipsch Image S3. Those are possibly the best earphones out there in this price range. Most importantly, they actually sound quite good compared to some of the more expensive earphones, which is more than can be said about the bulk of cheap earphones.

reelwylde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reelwylde

they sound great and work as expected with the iphone 4, but my only complaint is the wooden variety are FRAGILE. My son broke the wooden cases by simply dropping them on the floor... :-(

I'll re-order but this time will choose the aluminum body variety.

mandykess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandykess
roydjt wrote:Bob's rolling in his grave right now.

You said it.