WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Weather Stations Whether You Want 'em or Not

No matter who you are or where you live, you'll eventually run into some doofus who spouts this line. It's endemic and it doesn't matter what your weather's actually like. So use these weather-related do-dads to know when you can go outside and get away from those weirdos.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's the weather like where you are today?

I'm just hanging out, really.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

Temperature station with probe has been really good to me, the probe is a long thin wire and isn't noticeable, plus I can have the window closed around it.

Marichele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Marichele

That big blue "The Weather Channel" square goes SO well with my decor!

Does it leave a mark if you take it off?

Marichele

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212

Anyone know what the chances of getting these before Christmas are?

Since 2 day and Next day shipping aren't available

I woot you

pedrettb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pedrettb

Got some of these for family members last year....let's just say...ehh

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mike11212 wrote:Anyone know what the chances of getting these before Christmas are?

Since 2 day and Next day shipping aren't available

No guarantees. Orders for Plus deals are sometimes not released until the event ends. Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mobilecraig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mobilecraig

Ugh LaCrosse. I've owned 3 different LaCrosse models and all have stopped working in less than a year. One was a big 3 sensor "professional" model more elaborate than any of these. The other 2 were simple 1 sensor models. They all have battery eaters and seem to be very sensitive about detecting sensors based on battery strength--as the batteries wear out they start losing data from the sensors and lose sync. I wanted to like these, but am going to skip due to past experience.

photobobk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages photobobk

I've had an indoor/outdoor temp/humidity/pressure unit for some time now. No complaints, works well.

I did find that using lithium batteries in the remote sensor not only helps the range, but also longevity. They last over a year for me.

fdajnowicz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fdajnowicz

It does not show inside temperature. No matter what I do only outside info shows up.

geekypanda13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages geekypanda13

My husband is a meteorologist in the Air Force and he approves. we love ours.

Please support my husband's wootwatcher that he programmed. He is Active Duty Air Force and in college for programming. He made this because I couldn't find a woot watcher that was simple, and searched keywords. So he made it for us to use, but you will love it! Also Mobile Friendly now! with super refresh times!
~Thank you for your support!~
http://simplewootwatcher.com/

rfmckee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfmckee

I just bought this one during the last woot off. It's been running for about 4 days. So far the weather portion has worked great. The only problem I have is the auto clock feature where it gets it's time from NIST won't work. It's set to on, but the radio never seems to send a signal. Not a huge deal though since you can maually set time and date. I put litium batteries in the transmitter. Might have to do same for reciever. but only time will tell.

rfmckee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfmckee

Oh, the blue Weather Channel at the top is painted on. So, I've chose to leave it. But you could maybe take a sharpie or black paint pen to it if it really bothered you. I was hoping it was going to just be a sticker.

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212
ThunderThighs wrote:No guarantees. Orders for Plus deals are sometimes not released until the event ends. Sorry.

Looks like it will arrive tomorrow or Monday, thanks wootie woot woot!!!

I woot you