WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Craig Electronics: You Don't Have to be Named Craig

Is Craig even that popular a name? How many Craigs are out there, needing electronics? It seems like someone should've researched this.
Craig Electronics official site

Quality Posts

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234
Craig Electronics: You Don't Have to be Named Craig

It's a bad plan to target only customers named Craig

Quiet you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This sale has a speaker for almost every location - home theater, office, or on the go. So when did boomboxes come back in style?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

TT: Everything old is new again, perhaps.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ssmoneysaver

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ssmoneysaver

Considering the boom box for my father. Are the controls marked well? Is this easy to operate?

woottj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woottj

These speakers will fit in nicely with my high-end "Coby" sound system.

twainharte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twainharte

DO NOT BUY! Mine was DOA and WOOT did nothing! Pure junk!!!

jobunaga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jobunaga

I bought the bluetooth speaker on a woot awhile back. Best speaker for $10. Effortlessly pairs with my smartphone.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
twainharte wrote:DO NOT BUY! Mine was DOA and WOOT did nothing! Pure junk!!!

It would be nice if you told us which item it was.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
ThunderThighs wrote:This sale has a speaker for almost every location - home theater, office, or on the go. So when did boomboxes come back in style?

Ah, were they ever out? Granted, I haven't seen anyone with one of those 100 pound ghetto blasters lately.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

noc007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noc007

Don't buy this crap. It was crap two decades ago and it's crap now. Seriously, a Big ol' Celebration is a better investment. My dad use to be a consumer electronics distributor and he carried Craig for a short time; he stopped for good reason.

arwarkentien

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arwarkentien

Don't even consider buying this junk. Just stab your ears with Q-tips instead...that will be less painful than the sound that comes out of these speakers.

I picked up the portable w/handle speaker, and the tuner never worked, the sound was metallic and fuzzy right from the start, and there is no direct-to-power socket plug.

Only get this for someone who has been too naughty to receive coal in their stocking.

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

While the old skool boombox is always one of my faves, lacking bluetooth is about as current as the technology from the 80s. C'mon, guys, get with it.

dooins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dooins

I bought the "Portable Speaker Dock". This is not the highest quality product folks, however it does alright in a pinch. A few fact you should know if you want this item. They don't mention how persnickety the battery is. It doesn't like to be over charged, so you can't leave it plugged in. But, and here's a real kicker, it doesn't like to be undercharged either, so you can't just leave it unplugged. So if you don't mind having to set a timer every time you charge or don't charge the thing, this is the speaker for you!

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
Craig234 wrote:Quiet you.

I think people named Craig should get a discount.

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
jobunaga wrote:I bought the bluetooth speaker on a woot awhile back. Best speaker for $10. Effortlessly pairs with my smartphone.

Thanks for your input on this one.

Does anyone else have thoughts regarding this speaker? I know you can't expect much for $10, but would be curious how the battery life is and what not.

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle
krazykoz wrote:Does anyone else have thoughts regarding this speaker? I know you can't expect much for $10, but would be curious how the battery life is and what not.

The product page on the webstore that rhymes with "Cramathon" states that it has a three hour battery life.

WARNING: The following is a review of a different, but similar device. Not of the actual device being sold here.

I have a VERY similar device that goes by the name of "bump". I've paired it to my Nexus 7 and so far, it's lasted through at least a few hours of Netflix at decently loud levels (as in small, quiet room and I could hear everything quite well) and I have yet to hit the end of the battery, so life is actually quite good. Of course it's a different product, but like I say, it appears extremely similar in specs and in price.

On the bump, audio quality wasn't exactly brilliant most likely thanks to Bluetooth's compression and the more-form-than-function design. I found that it seemed to distort at higher volumes and while it has more bass than you'd expect, it's rather muddy with so-so mids, however the voice ranges are decently clear. Add a few rubber bands to your sun visor and it'd make a decent "hands-free" speaker for phone calls.

If you need something louder than, for example, the built-in speaker on your phone and/or tablet, I would expect this to satisfy your needs (and for a good price too). If you're the type to scoff if the frequency response isn't perfectly flat or if something doesn't put the "bump in the trunk", you best look elsewhere.

cinoclav

quality posts: 220 Private Messages cinoclav
craigthom wrote:I think people named Craig should get a discount.

I agree (just not on this junk).

Signed,

Another Craig (I swear)

CAJtheshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAJtheshadow

Hey I agree with the other Craigs! My name is Craig! And I love electronics and this site!

stuminator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stuminator

I got my bluetooth speaker yesterday. I like the compact size. The instructions were so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read them. It paired with my iPad no problem. It sounds small and tinny. Like two soup cans and some string. Don't buy if you want to share music and enjoy.

yellowfin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowfin

I bought two and neither of them work...how do I send back? Or am I SOL?

DS

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
yellowfin wrote:I bought two and neither of them work...how do I send back? Or am I SOL?

Hi there!
You may want to contact the manufacturer for a replacement, but if you are getting no help there, please contact support@woot.com - keep us posted with how it goes with the manufacturer!

I'm just hanging out, really.