12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang

Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse but no wifi?!?!

shaun40555

quality posts: 5 Private Messages shaun40555

I3 is pretty under powered isn't it?

fmfondeur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmfondeur
shaun40555 wrote:I3 is pretty under powered isn't it?

I was thinking the same as you, but it turns out my i5 running on my Lenovo all in one is actually slower as compared to this i3.

I guess it depends on the generation of the cup.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
simonwang wrote:Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse but no wifi?!?!

USB 3.0, though!!!

But yeah, no wifi. That is weird.

I'm surprised it's even touchscreen.

The one cool thing I see is HDMI IN and OUT.

Expandable to 8GB RAM, Ehhh...Would have been a decent deal if it came with 8GB.

bsddk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsddk

Having gone through the numbers on the write up, and cross checking them with the spec sheet, I think they fumbled near the end. I probably also have obsessive compulsive disorder or something...

tekman7d0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tekman7d0

I wonder if it's compatible for a Windows 8 upgrade.
I've been running Win 8 since October and a touchscreen system like this would be great!

dymekd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dymekd

According to the Egg and even Asus this has wifi. If not, you can get a usb wifi for $20 or less.

H61 chipset runs Windows 8 fine. Asus is fairly well known for not doing anything quirky to a chipset that causes driver delays and would prevent an OS upgrade from installing. You can use the Windows 8 compatibility checker and download the upgrade for $40. Though, in this case, you may have a way to get the upgrade for even less as it is a new purchase.

lemminghunter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lemminghunter

It will run Windows 8, but will it "run" Windows 8? In my opinion without support for gesturing you miss out on the full Win8 experience, which I have been loving for a while now.
Anyone know how many points for multitouch?

sthgrau

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sthgrau
dymekd wrote:According to the Egg and even Asus this has wifi.

According to the one Amazon review, this can come with or without wifi.

louisgrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louisgrady
tekman7d0 wrote:I wonder if it's compatible for a Windows 8 upgrade.
I've been running Win 8 since October and a touchscreen system like this would be great!

The older touch screen models do not react as well to the Windows 8 as the newer touch screens. I was able to verify this, as I am working with Windows 8 with a two year old touchscreen, and still have to use the mouse for many commands.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all.

On the Wi-Fi, someone brought up last time that you can get a USB Wi-Fi adapter that would take care of that problem.

Just wanted to put that out there for consideration.

Here's the previous sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

FarNorth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FarNorth

No DVD-ROM or WiFi construct? So, this is built for the 1990 market?

Maybe it has a hidden floppy slot.

szecsei

quality posts: 10 Private Messages szecsei

i bought this the last time it came up. it came a little scuffed up, but it wasn't bad enough to send back.

i installed windows 8 (after backing the system up...no restore discs, easiest way was to burn an image of the drive to an external hard drive), but had to go searching for the drivers for the touch screen (after the installation)...i was going to send it back when the touch screen didn't work after the change. i ended up downloading and using the windows 7 drivers, and the touch screen works fine now (i tried looking for windows 8 drivers...they didn't work).

i have to say that even the windows 7 experience with touch was nice (i would have been happy to keep windows 7 on it). personally, having tried windows 8 on touch/non-touch devices, i wouldn't want windows 8 without the touch screen.

overall, i'm happy with the machine, and while i still look around at other options, they are all much more expensive and don't offer anything i am lacking with this one or can easily add myself for a decent price (like RAM... i haven't put in more RAM yet, but that is next on my list).

this machine serves my purpose (developing windows 8 apps), and i needed it to run windows 8. for all other activities, i tend to use my trusty windows 7 or windows xp machines.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge
simonwang wrote:Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse but no wifi?!?!

I guess you'll just have to do your work and not surf the net.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

vibes4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vibes4me

PC/Laptops are Dead! It's a dawn of a new Era/Day... Tablet's and smart phones shall lead the way...

I do all my work off a Tablet with a keyboard and mouse. This way I am not locked down to run room. Kids already think this way ...Shouldn't grown ups?

Warzau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Warzau
FarNorth wrote:No DVD-ROM or WiFi construct? So, this is built for the 1990 market?

Maybe it has a hidden floppy slot.

No I think there's a upgrade to Superdisk.

dbarvitsky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbarvitsky

I am looking for a wall-mounted touchscreen PC to replace a whiteboard that is hanging out there in the kitchen now. "Don't forget the milk" and photoframe function, maybe a little audio background every once in a while.

Do you think this will work well? What are the dimensions of this thing? Does it have any vesa mount holes?

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish

Well I reviewed the numbers and found precisely one typo.

Sorry woot writers, you thought no one would check. :P

dbarvitsky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbarvitsky

Here is what I found so far

Dimensions?

23.20 x 18.10 x 2.90 inches.

Vesa mount holes?

No

Wall mountable?

Does not look like this is possible...

So I guess I'll keep looking.

mdwyerfoo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages mdwyerfoo

If this is anything like the earlier model (ET2400), then I can offer you some info that might align:

Vesa mount holes: Nope. However, you can purchase an adapter plate that adds VESA mounting holes. The plate is stupidly expensive, though. Also, you may find your mounting choices limited by the weight of this device. Most monitor arms won't support it. The Ergotron MX can handle it, though.

Touchscreen: It probably only registers two touch points. Touch is a pretty silly feature that doesn't get a lot of use... It might be different under Win 8, but in Win 7, things are generally too small to poke with my meaty fingers.