WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Slickwraps (not the tortilla kind)

Protect your phone [with a Slickwraps case] before you check your phone. Because if you don't protect your phone [with a Slickwraps case], you might mess your phone, thus making the checking unnecessary, because a messed phone don't got nothing to say.
Slickwraps official site

Quality Posts

• (3:37 PM, 12/14/2012) tcosupreme is thinking of doubling up for added protection, good idea?
  • (1:38 AM, 12/16/2012) selune13 thinks they are neat in theory, not so much in practice.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about your slickwrap! Good enough to keep you from dropping your phone?

I'm just hanging out, really.

tcosupreme

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcosupreme

I'm wondering if these might not be a good idea for extra protection (i.e., scratch avoidance) even while also using a rigid case. Are the slickwraps thin enough to allow this?

Ryantoday

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryantoday

I bought one used it for two weeks and it peeled off. I bought a speck case instead, way better and more protection.

Ryantoday

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13

I bought two a while ago and paid retail. Big waste of money. The purple glow one barely glows even after holding it under a lightbulb and the heat sensitive one is so sensitive it just stays black even the tiniest warmth of your iPhone. As for thickness, it's too thick to use with some cases because the case pushes up the edges of the wrap. They are neat in theory, but not in practice.

mgbillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgbillow

From what I've read on Amazon it's basically a sticker and receives 1 star more often than not... I recommend the Otterbox Reflex case for iPhone 5s, as well as the Speck Grip case or Speck Candyshell case.

timedoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timedoctor

I got one of these from woot not too long ago and reviewed it. tl;dr It's a glow-in-the-dark sticker that didn't stay on. It was temporarily amusing, but probably not worth the $15 I paid.

aconrad00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aconrad00
timedoctor wrote:I got one of these from woot not too long ago and reviewed it. tl;dr It's a glow-in-the-dark sticker that didn't stay on. It was temporarily amusing, but probably not worth the $15 I paid.

Absolutely

I put a clear case on top of the skin, and it holds it on pretty good. Works well that way, otherwise, it's a cool sticker that doesnt do anything and does not stay on very long at all.

tweakman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweakman

Dear Woot, welcome to the year 2012...in this future the world has mostly moved past Apple's tyranny with only a handful of tools still stuck in sheep mode. There are now many people on a variety of other "smartphones" who would love to buy cases for their phones that are as neat as those you constantly advertise for Apple. Just saying...

slail29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slail29
tcosupreme wrote:I'm wondering if these might not be a good idea for extra protection (i.e., scratch avoidance) even while also using a rigid case. Are the slickwraps thin enough to allow this?

I saw a review that says it is pretty thick, therefore a tight fitting case will not work. It was on youtube.

slail29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slail29

I wanted to buy one of each color, but I refuse to pay 25 bucks in shipping. They need a system to where you can pick the colors or add to a cart.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

slail29 wrote:I wanted to buy one of each color, but I refuse to pay 25 bucks in shipping. They need a system to where you can pick the colors or add to a cart.

You only pay $5 shipping on the first item. After that shipping is free until midnight Central (unless you're using expedited shipping).

Now, breathe deep. In. Out. Go order.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders