WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Who are you not looking forward to buying an obligatory gift for?
  • 8.9% - My stepmom. 127
  • 8.7% - That cousin who’s visiting. 123
  • 22% - That co-worker who’s definitely getting ME a gift. 312
  • 8.4% - My dog. 119
  • 32.3% - He/She never gets me anything. 458
  • 19.7% - Someone else (comments). 280
1419 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

It's the thought that counts; and I'll gladly be thinking about getting gifts for everyone on Earth.

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

I'll enjoy getting everyone a gift. I don't care if I get nothing in return. I know a few people who have fallen on hard times. I give all year long,...

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
The DarkSide wrote:I'll enjoy getting everyone a gift. I don't care if I get nothing in return. I know a few people who have fallen on hard times. I give all year long,...

bblhed

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bblhed

Sister in Law, I never know what to get her.

bluedaisy925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluedaisy925

My boss(es)...

wickedd365

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wickedd365

Grandpa. What do you buy an old man who wants nothing and does nothing?
I've decided on a Whataburger gift card. Since he has moved down here a few months ago he has fallen in love with the place.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

What is an obligatory gift? If I don't care to give someone something, I don't.

hobiekopek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobiekopek

My wife. She always says she doesn't "want" or "need" anything and then I get dinged for not recalling that 7 months ago she smiled at something in a store so I should have gotten her that.

v6baby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages v6baby
bblhed wrote:Sister in Law, I never know what to get her.

Same boat here. I don't live near my family anymore, so I don't really know my SIL and have no idea what to get her.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

My folks. They're 87 so it has to be something edible, usable, etc.

mgodawski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgodawski

JESUS.
He's really hard to buy for. He has everything and though he's gracious you never see him wearing it or using it. Like he wears the same rag every day. I bought him a perfectly nice plaid shirt and have never seen him wear it. And I bought him some garden tools for his "garden of eden" as he calls it. He doesn't garden--has some guy named Santa or Satan or something like that who does the work.

--its the Shendy principle

Grams53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grams53

My son-in-laws parents always get me something

paperthinwalls

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paperthinwalls

We are trying to simplify and reduce the amount of junk we have, so we aren't giving/getting more than one or two presents this year. Makes it so much less stressful (on the mind and the wallet).

Is this it? what am i supposed to do here?

candiceb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candiceb

The in-laws. I always just give them a box of holiday chocolates or something like that. I have no idea what to get them.

They obviously don't know what to get me either. Last year in my stocking from them, I received toothpaste, several toothbrushes removed from the packages and wrapped in holiday saran-wrap (I wish I was joking), batteries, and a mini flashlight. For the record, I'm a 24 year old girl. Some lotion or a gift card to Starbucks would have been nice.

renigade4x4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renigade4x4
The DarkSide wrote:I'll enjoy getting everyone a gift. I don't care if I get nothing in return. I know a few people who have fallen on hard times. I give all year long,...

I agree with you but... I still buy for my X-Wife from my children. That's a hard one for me .lol

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

I don't buy obligatory gifts. I only buy for the people I actually care about.

Eltinwe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eltinwe

My sisters in law who no matter what you give them will rewrap it exactly as they received it and store it forever and ever with NO chance of being used, no matter how much they want/need/would like that item. *siiiigh* There's no point in giving them anything - but they'll be REALLY upset if we don't!

actaea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages actaea

My boyfriends mother, I have no idea what to get her.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

My Dad, he has everything. He moves so much he doesn't even like to keep lots of things. I think the best thing I ever got him was a travel case for his toothbrush/soaps. How am I going to top that? Geez.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

Sister-in-law. She never says thanks or anything. Can't tell if she likes something or not.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

irinav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irinav

I looked forward to getting presents for everyone. I made most of them. I just didn't finish all of them in time for Christmas. Not looking forward to sending those out late.

pmaahs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmaahs

My mother-in-law. Nothing that you give her is ever good enough and then when you find something she wants/needs, then you she says you spent to much and won't keep it. But I just love the wine glass she gave me from the dollar store! LOL

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

What is this term "obligatory gift"?

Everything I give comes from the heart (and hopefully is in good taste/useful/wanted). If I'm feeling pressure into buying a gift for another whom I don't care about, I don't do it. Happily - I don't have any of those in my life at this time.

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain

The MIL, but I guess it has to be done.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

Obligatory gifts? No. I give every gift with JOY, not obligation. My only regret is that I'm not rich enough to give the people in my life better presents as they deserve only the best. (for putting up with me)

cherrybear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherrybear

My dad's trophy girlfriend.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I don't buy obligatory gifts...***shrugs***

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

Haloperidol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Haloperidol

My brother-in-law's brother. I don't even think he was invited...