WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Blue Microphone Monday (But not on Monday)

If you're like me, you already talk to your computer plenty. Well, it's about time you made your computer start listening, with one of these Blue Microphones. (Just to clarify, when I said "I" talk to my computer, I meant meant the vague royal "I.")
Blue Microphone official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Microphones can be handy. Do you have one for your computer, and what do you use it for? Skype? Making a podcast?

And while we're here, what's your favorite podcast?

I'm just hanging out, really.

sjw02001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjw02001

I've used these at work for "group skype-ing". They are great! I believe they would work decently well for recording band practice or something similar too.

I don't listen to any podcasts, so I can't help you there. NPR is my choice for the commute, so maybe some of theirs?

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

either cheaper by a few cents, or same price at the mothership.

also, free shipping. so the ones here actually end up costing more regardless...and will probably take longer to get to you (definitely so if you have prime like i do).

nelmedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nelmedia

All of these microphones are either a few dollars cheaper or a few dollars more via Amazon - and they give free shipping. Compare and save.

kiltedbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiltedbear
nelmedia wrote:All of these microphones are either a few dollars cheaper or a few dollars more via Amazon - and they give free shipping. Compare and save.

I've seen the Blue "snowball" mics on places such as buy.com as low as $55 with free shipping. I don't understand why they are so expensive on Woot.

donohuer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages donohuer

looks just like a Telefunken U47

amm3485

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amm3485
nelmedia wrote:All of these microphones are either a few dollars cheaper or a few dollars more via Amazon - and they give free shipping. Compare and save.

Yeti $93.03

Blue $55

Brushed Aluminum $59

WOW WOOT. Disappointed.

BALLS

bilbofrag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bilbofrag
amm3485 wrote:Yeti $93.03

Blue $55

Brushed Aluminum $59

WOW WOOT. Disappointed.

Also at BestBuy - Yeti=$99

cinderblaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinderblaster

Amazon also has an $8 off coupon thing.

DarthNinja

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DarthNinja

amm3485 wrote:Yeti $93.03

It's now $75 minus $8 coupon.

Bog of carp anyone?

ParadisePete

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ParadisePete

I have the snowball one. It works very well. The stand can be raised and the head can swivel. It is much larger than I expected, though, about the size of a 12" softball, so it takes up a fair bit of room on the desk.