WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time To Finally Get A Computer

You've heard about computers for a long time, of course, but you thought it might just be one of those fad that would fade as quickly as it came in. Seems like this one's sticking around, though, and you might want to get on board one of these days. Just make sure you get one with the Googles in it. 

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Are you upgrading, sidegrading, or just adding a second/third monitor this holiday?

I'm just hanging out, really.

Hirshy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hirshy

AOC 22 inch has 5 stars on newegg and 4.5 on amazon

Thinking about biting... good price in the end. Anybody have any experience with it?

nombidichoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nombidichoro
Hirshy wrote:AOC 22 inch has 5 stars on newegg and 4.5 on amazon

Thinking about biting... good price in the end. Anybody have any experience with it?

Yes, I bought this exact one about 2 weeks ago when it was on sale then. It is very light compared to my Acer monitors and the stand is somewhat flimsy and wobbles when I bump the desk, but I think the picture is very nice and bright. I am glad I pulled the trigger on it so far.

thenightisdark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thenightisdark

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/kodak/news/kodak-hero-all-one-printers

A guide to the Hero line of printers.

The Kodak Hero 7.1 All-in-One Printer is s a step-up version of the 5.1. It offers faster print speeds and a larger 3.5-inch LCD panel. The 7.1 also offers higher 2400 dot-per-inch optical scanning; the ability to copy and scan legal-size documents; and a scan-to-network option.

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen

I would like to get the H8-1445, but the problem is that it comes with regular Windows 8 and I need Pro. Strangely, if it came with Windows 7 Home, I could upgrade it to 8 Pro for $15. To upgrade 8 to Pro costs (as best I can tell) $70! Anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this?

matticus825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matticus825

Windows 8? Seriously? I can't believe people buy that gift.

flakhappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flakhappy
Hirshy wrote:AOC 22 inch has 5 stars on newegg and 4.5 on amazon

I also got one a few weeks ago. Same with the other poster, I think its a great monitor for the price. It is a little low but nothing a little stand wouldn't fix if it does bother you. Great color and I am enjoying it a great deal.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

How... Portable are the "all in one" computers?

Sorry, love the concept of a full keyboard and 1T, can't BELIEVE I'm even considering hauling one of those around...

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

hello oldschool speakers! Those Koss faded white speakers look...uhm...

old.

mjwise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjwise

Will those Koss speakers work with my 2X CD-ROM drive and SoundBlaster 16?

Those Koss speakers are straight out of 1993. No, really, I think I had that set or one very close to it in 1993. These even look yellowed enough to be that old.

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

Oh my word, a Day of the Tentacle reference. You got me -- In for three on the speakers.

emccoyii

quality posts: 7 Private Messages emccoyii
Moueska wrote:How... Portable are the "all in one" computers?

According to what I read at the bottom of the 'Specs' tab, the HP Omni 27-1057C weighs 31.5 lbs, as does the 420-1100t...

So the question is not 'how portable are they', the question is: How strong is your back? ;-)

The Lenovo only weighs 23.8 lbs, BTW.