ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr

Regarding camera compatibility - I have the 8GBPro (bought here last year). My Fuji HS10 is not listed on their compatibility chart, but the follow on version (HS20) was. Eye-fi rep said 'maybe it will work, maybe not'. So I tried it, and it works perfectly.
So even though your specific model might not be listed, it might work anyway.

Except for the first card dying in 3 weeks (quick replacement from Eye-Fi) I've had zero issues.

shminkshmink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shminkshmink
Cwluc wrote:Not gonna lie, I'm surprised no one else has had any issues. I bought an Eye-Fi a few years ago. Worked for a while (couple months). Then an error occurred while writing to the card one day. Lost everything. Spoke with Eye-Fi customer support, online and on the phone. Replaced my card. Clearly lost all my photos. Problem solved? Not even close. Literally the same thing happened 3 times. On the 3rd card I kept backing it up on a laptop I started carrying, because of my previous experiences, every so often so it became useless. I was done with them after that. The idea is great, the execution needs a lot of work.

I fully agree. These cards are amazingly glitchy. I thought it would be a cool idea and save time from uploading, only to find out it wouldn't even save pictures. Bad product and yes my camera was compatible.

Th0r

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r

Would these cards work in other devices that are not cameras? Does it require more than just power to operate the WiFi?

Example, if I plugged one into a laptop and copied a picture to the correct folder on the card, would the card use its WiFi to upload to wherever?

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

In for a 4GB... I've been wanting to try one of these for a long time, but the price was too high until now.

I DJ often, and I'm hoping to hook this up to my cheaper, old camera, and have the photos go into a folder on my ancient iBook that is set to run a slideshow. Hook the iBook up to my projector, toss the camera into the audience, and watch the crazy stuff that ensues.

And at some of these parties, it could get REALLY crazy... ;)

powermatt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages powermatt
Th0r wrote:Can you configure it to upload to your own ftp server? I don't want a 3rd party receiving my photos.

You can indeed, with either version.

armordeep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages armordeep

I know an earlier post said you need to use the USB card reader for these EyeFi cards because built in SD card readers won't recognize these, but will this USB card reader read regular SD/SDHC cards?

Additionally, How much video time will a 4GB X2 Connect give me on a Canon Rebel XSI?

Th0r

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r
armordeep wrote:I know an earlier post said you need to use the USB card reader for these EyeFi cards because built in SD card readers won't recognize these, but will this USB card reader read regular SD/SDHC cards?

Additionally, How much video time will a 4GB X2 Connect give me on a Canon Rebel XSI?

Maybe do some math?
How big is a 1 minute video?

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

Hmmm... don't see my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX-12 on the list of compatibles...

Supermanwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Supermanwoot

I bought one of these from Woot about a year ago. I HIGHLY recommend it. 4GB Holds about 30 minutes of 720p video and it uploads relatively quickly (faster than finding the usb cable for the camera).

I wish I had bought a larger size GB-wise just so I could shoot more shots AND video while on the go in between uploads.

Software is very easy to use for setup or quick tweaking of settings.

Overall 5/5 from me: If you don't have one of these, GET ONE. Its basically dirt cheap for the utility I've gotten out of it.

I had never gotten into video editing or photography until I bought this product. It takes all the hassle out of taking pictures and videos and makes it easier for me to organize and save memories.

I have NOT fooled around with its online uploading, but that really doesn't interest me much; having them quickly uploaded to my desktop from downstairs is already a godsend.