andriodamit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andriodamit
phoenx06 wrote:The $300 at GameStop also doesn't give you the $150 keyboard dock. When they were available on here (I got one) the 32GB model with dock was only $320.

1. for 32gb without mobile dock it is 280+5 here
2. for 32gb - 329 + 5 with dock

however here it is refurbished ( both dock and tablet)
are you saying refurb is better than new one

If we assume that price of 32gb refurb is 250 then price of refurb dock is coming a 79 ( which is bit higher for a refurb dock)
Whatever way you do the math , gamestop deal is good one

rest is all your choice

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jmhughes wrote:BUYER BEWARE - I ordered this 11/21 with the dock - it arrived DOA. No charge, and no response to any attempt to charge - the tablet or the dock (And no I couldn't reset the the power cord block, as it was not the model that let you open the plastic block). I returned it with a supplied RMA. [unrelated to the product, Woot failed to correctly refund my money, giving me only a small percentage of the full payment and has now spent 3 days NOT replying to my multiple messages as to WHY?!]

We've pinged CS (support@woot.com) on your behalf.

I'm just hanging out, really.

raptor49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raptor49
lboban wrote:Chrome worked well for me. Bought this table on Woot 3 weeks ago. I'm typing this message on it, using the Chrome browser.

I installed a bunch of different browsers to compare: Dolphin, Firefox, Skyefire. Just went back to Chrome.

I found Opera to work best on my low end tablet, Cruz T301 purchased here , Woot.
I figure if it works well on my unit, it should work very well on this one..... youre milage may vary.

snackpants

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snackpants

I owned a TF300T and now own a TF701. I loved my Transformer Prime, and now my mother has my old one. The only issue I ever had with it was the WiFi reception. They put the antennae inside the aluminium housing, which caused all kinds of problems if your WiFi AP was facing that back of the tablet.

At this price, you CANNOT go wrong though.

-JSP

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
morriea wrote:.

My only disagreement is on the case that is referenced...it is quite good.

I DO like the look of the "snappy keyboard" bit. I am just biased over cheapcases after the iPad shatter incident...
Got the wife a nice iSkin case for the repaired iPad at the July 4th half off sale ($90 case was $45) and it is SO nice...

w00teregrine

formerglorydesigns wrote:I was the one who mentioned PDFs on Android.

What program are you using in iOS?

jgiannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgiannon
andriodamit wrote:this is not a very good deal given the fact that brand new 32GB tf300 is available in gamestop in 300/- with 7 free games worth 20 dollars+

In my opinion saving of only 20 dollars for refurb one with only 3 mnths of warranty is not a good option

if u want to save shipping as well from gamestop, you can walkin as well

[MOD: Not available in stores. Shipping to me was $10.99.]

First of all its $399 in store, its $299 online only. SHipping is $11 plus you have to pay tax, its almost $50 more expensive.

billa9b0ng

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billa9b0ng
andriodamit wrote:are you on jelly beans ?

That I am

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
snackpants wrote:I owned a TF300T and now own a TF701. I loved my Transformer Prime, and now my mother has my old one. The only issue I ever had with it was the WiFi reception. They put the antennae inside the aluminium housing, which caused all kinds of problems if your WiFi AP was facing that back of the tablet.

At this price, you CANNOT go wrong though.

The TF300 and the Transformer Prime are not the same machines...the Prime did have wifi issues but they are supposed to be fixed well in the TF300. Could you confirm which model you had wifi problems with?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
andriodamit wrote:this is not a very good deal given the fact that brand new 32GB tf300 is available in gamestop in 300/- with 7 free games worth 20 dollars+

In my opinion saving of only 20 dollars for refurb one with only 3 mnths of warranty is not a good option

if u want to save shipping as well from gamestop, you can walkin as well

[MOD: Not available in stores. Shipping to me was $10.99.]

I thought the Gamestop deal was for the 16 gig, but you are right. http://www.gamestop.com/android/tablets/asus-tf300t-10-in-32gb-blue/100250 On the other hand, if you don't use games the savings may still be worth while.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere
jgiannon wrote:First of all its $399 in store, its $299 online only. SHipping is $11 plus you have to pay tax, its almost $50 more expensive.

True - you can't even do a buy online and pick up in store option. On the other hand, I went through the process to see what it would cost with shipping with a chance of a Christmas arrival and came up with a total of $332.29. Is $50+ more for a new product with full year warranty worth the difference? You decide.

andriodamit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andriodamit
damorere wrote:True - you can't even do a buy online and pick up in store option. On the other hand, I went through the process to see what it would cost with shipping with a chance of a Christmas arrival and came up with a total of $332.29. Is $50+ more for a new product with full year warranty worth the difference? You decide.

you can pickup at local store or get it delivered for free to local store. I would suggest to call the local store

kham63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kham63

Now it says the 32gb w/ Dock is available again!

bellabooty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellabooty
kham63 wrote:Now it says the 32gb w/ Dock is available again!

it is not showing as available for me?

kham63

bellabooty wrote:it is not showing as available for me?

I was able to get one...I got a confirmation email so I hope it wasn't a bug :-/

bellabooty

kham63 wrote:I was able to get one...I got a confirmation email so I hope it wasn't a bug :-/

I am going to keep hitting refresh maybe one will sneak in......

kham63

bellabooty wrote:I am going to keep hitting refresh maybe one will sneak in......

Good luck! I am holding my breath I don't get an email saying it was an error or something :-/

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

I got the 16GB combo a couple of weeks ago for $300 (thanks, woot!). Heard reports about people receiving faulty devices, but I received mine with nary a scratch, and all hardware functional (including charging with or without dock).

Took a few hours (and manual efforts) to flash the firmware to JB, but it eventually happened.

DEFINITELY perform at least THREE factory resets after flashing. This is recommended by the fine folk at transformerforums.com and is intended to remove any residue of the previous O/S.

So far I've installed the following apps:
-Nova Launcher
-Avast Antivirus
-Chrome
-Cloudon/Pocketcloud/Splashtop (remote desktop/office)
-Wifi Analyzer
-Evernote
-MX Player (movie player)
-File Manager HD
-Google Earth
-Android Pro Widgets
-Backitude
-JetAudio (music player)
-Osmos (amazing game)
-Seesmic (facebook alternative)
-Slider Widget

So far I've purchased the following accessories from Amazon:
-BobJ case
-ROOCase screen protector
-Sandisk class 10 32GB microSD

Oh, and I REGISTERED MY DEVICE with Asus using the provided serial number.

So far so good! Will probably wait until expiration of the 90-day warranty before rooting the device and letting the real fun begin...

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

satch69

Zavelin wrote:However, if you root before updating to Jellybean, you can just reflash the device with the stock ROM, and you'll be good to go for warranty repairs and such.

I already updated to JB :-(

Can I flash back to ICS and then root?

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

Doromb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doromb

Beware! I bought a refurbished TF-300 from Woot on November 21. It took 2 weeks to arrive, and when it finally showed up, the touchscreen didn't work at all.

meh3884

Update: Just heard back from woot customer service. Despite there being no expedited service available, these will be shipped via SmartPost , so Christmas delivery is not guaranteed!

For me it is pretty much hopeless, so I may be cancelling my order.

bellabooty

meh3884 wrote:Update: Just heard back from woot customer service. Despite there being no expedited service available, these will be shipped via SmartPost , so Christmas delivery is not guaranteed!

For me it is pretty much hopeless, so I may be cancelling my order.

if you are going to cancel I will refresh and buy yours if it had a dock! Christmas delivery is not necc. for me, I just want the keyboard with it

meh3884

bellabooty wrote:if you are going to cancel I will refresh and buy yours if it had a dock! Christmas delivery is not necc. for me, I just want the keyboard with it

I sent an email request...keep an eye out!!

FYI - the person above was correct so I apologize for dissing - I called my local gamestop and was able to walk over and get the new 32GB for $299. I got a dock for $108 on Amazon this morning so I paid about $75 more to get all new stuff (I pay tax everywhere)...and I'll have it in time for my trip so I am happy! It would have been more worth it for me to save the $75 but I need my machine by Dec 22nd.

mjlutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjlutz
VeeRay wrote:Owners of this tablet - do you think that it requires a sleeve for protection if one is going to travel with it? I ordered it with the dock, and am curious if that's enough / any protection.

If you think it does require a sleeve, any suggestions for one that fits the tablet + dock? Thanks!

You will (probably) get two padding bags - one around the tablet, one around the keyboard. With the tablet and keyboard connected, I place one of the envelopes around the tablet and the other around the whole unit. Seems to work find (fingers crossed).

Michael Lutz

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Amazon to Collect Sales Tax from Massachusetts Residents. Which means Woot also I assume.Under the agreement, Amazon will start collecting the Massachusetts sales taxes on Nov. 1, 2013.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/12/amazon-to-collect-sales-tax-from-massachusetts-residents/#ixzz2EsAHjI00

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/12/amazon-to-collect-sales-tax-from-massachusetts-residents/#ixzz2Es8ZpnQM

w00teregrine

satch69 wrote:
DEFINITELY perform at least THREE factory resets after flashing.

Overkill IMO. Won't hurt, but ....
I didn't mine is perfect.

[quote]
So far I've installed the following apps:
-Nova Launcher
-Avast Antivirus
-Chrome
-Cloudon/Pocketcloud/Splashtop (remote desktop/office)
-Wifi Analyzer
-Evernote
-MX Player (movie player)
-File Manager HD
-Google Earth
-Android Pro Widgets
-Backitude
-JetAudio (music player)
-Osmos (amazing game)
-Seesmic (facebook alternative)
-Slider Widget

Did you ask the Transformer folk about this?
DO NOT install Anti_Virus on a tablet.
Asus has a GOOD File Manager already.
Evernote? Did you even try SuperNote? I am really impressed with that program.
Nova does rock.

midwaykid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midwaykid

Just got my tab a couple of days ago. It's a solid unit, bright screen, fast processor, great wifi connection. I couldn't be happier with it so far. I definitely need that keyboard though. Does anyone know of any good deals for the keyboard only?

resalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resalter
midwaykid wrote:Just got my tab a couple of days ago. It's a solid unit, bright screen, fast processor, great wifi connection. I couldn't be happier with it so far. I definitely need that keyboard though. Does anyone know of any good deals for the keyboard only?

I'm waiting for woot to offer the keyboard. I was really hoping they would have it during their woot-off, but I haven't seen it yet. Perhaps looking elsewhere for the keyboard is a better idea, though...? I'll give woot another week or two to put one up. Odds are I'll buy a keyboard dock elsewhere and the next day woot will be selling it for less.

asqueo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asqueo
jgiannon wrote:First of all its $399 in store, its $299 online only. SHipping is $11 plus you have to pay tax, its almost $50 more expensive.

Use the Code "SAVER" for free shipping

satch69

w00teregrine wrote:Did you ask the Transformer folk about this?
Nova does rock.

Do a quick search for "antivirus" on transformerforums.com - I couldn't find any reason not to install an A/V.

Can you create shortcuts and bookmarks with the default file manager? I only see the 4 basic ones down there.

Evernote vs. Supernote, i don't think Supernote can sync with other devices. I can email notes to Evernote from any device as well as access them.

Yes, Nova rocks :-D

resalter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resalter
Nova does rock.

Do not install anti-virus on a tablet? Why not? You might be interested in this forum: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/guides-tips-tricks/12429-guide-faq-viruses-malware-browser-security.html. They recommend Avast. Please link where you are reading not to install anti-virus on a tablet. Thanks!

Demonius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonius
asqueo wrote:Use the Code "SAVER" for free shipping

I don't think that code works for tablets.

frozen1g1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frozen1g1
andriodamit wrote:you can pickup at local store or get it delivered for free to local store. I would suggest to call the local store

Confirmed! you can buy New 32gb at Gamestop stores for $299. plus tax where applicable. I just did.

-I'd like to buy the world a woot!
and keep it company.

formerglorydesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages formerglorydesigns
w00teregrine wrote:What program are you using in iOS?

iBooks for large PDFs, like textbooks or manuals, and Dropbox for smaller PDFs, like assignments and 1-2 page docs.

gleemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gleemer

I got the $300 16GB plus dock a couple weeks ago.
I checked every problem people were reporting, and found none on mine:
-everything charges
-headphone jack works
-no dead pixels
-no touchscreen deadspots
I wanted it to replace an old Netbook, and so far so good.

rbebenek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbebenek

i had a friend buy the 16gb a couple weeks ago with the dock. he had it shipped to me, since he is in Canada. the tablet is great, very responsive and no issues at all even for a refurb. i wasnt able to find a single hairline scratch on it anywhere.

i bought one now, waited all day for it to become available. checked every hour for about 8 hours before the 32gb with the dock was available.

lindyp330

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lindyp330
Nova does rock.

I use AVG antivirus on my android phone and TF300T. Works well on both of them.

BTW: I bought this leather case from Amazon and it fit perfect and looks great. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZE257U/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i02

vcholman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcholman
damorere wrote:True - you can't even do a buy online and pick up in store option. On the other hand, I went through the process to see what it would cost with shipping with a chance of a Christmas arrival and came up with a total of $332.29. Is $50+ more for a new product with full year warranty worth the difference? You decide.

I got the 32GB version, with the dock for $335. So I think giving up some warranty for basically a free dock is worth it. I can buy a warranty cheaper than a dock.

mohag

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mohag

Just a warning...

I purchased the previous deal for the TF300 and the dock despite all of the warnings about the screen.

After having it for only a couple of weeks, I put the tablet and the dock on my desk when I left for work this morning. When I got back the screen was cracked, no one was home to touch it. I researched on line and learned that the crack has the same pattern, seems to be kind of common, and that Asus will not cover it under warranty even though I'm well within my 90 days.

Now I have a dock and no tablet. :-( I thought about spending to get a replacement tablet since it's cheaper than what people are paying for repairs for the screen but I really don't see the point when it is so common to crack the screen.

I also have a Nexus 7 that I gave to my kids and that thing has been through hell and back without a scratch. I think I might save my $245 or whatever it is and go ahead and get a Nexus 10. I purchased one for my dad and was very impressed when I was setting it up for him.

Buyer beware...

miniaturepeddler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages miniaturepeddler
damorere wrote:Wow! That is a super cool case. I wish I had seen it before I bought my Bobj case (which is great). Sigh - more shopping.

That does look like a nice case. I picked up the BOBj case also, and have been disappointed how aggro it is to 'slip' off the bobj to gain access to my docking station.

I believe the bobj case is perfect is you don't use the dock.