WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Oh, the Memory!

Do you remember when we used to sing, sha la la la la la la la la la la te da? No? Well, hold on! I recorded it. And I've got here on the memory stick I bought from a Tech.Woot Plus sale!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I will not start singing "Memories" from Cats, I won't. You can't make me...

Tell us about these flash drives! You've got a few to compare, after all.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kmsaylor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmsaylor
inkycatz wrote:I will not start singing "Memories" from Cats, I won't. You can't make me...

I'm assuming that the contents of the picture are not the true contents of the purchase?? The pictures show accessories - need to be clear what is included!

Tell us - what is included and what is NOT included?!?!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kmsaylor wrote:I'm assuming that the contents of the picture are not the true contents of the purchase?? The pictures show accessories - need to be clear what is included!

Tell us - what is included and what is NOT included?!?!

Just checked and have been told you get what's shown in the photo.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

firetamer6050

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firetamer6050

Worst Flash drive I have ever owned. I wont ever buy this brand again I had a 16 GB stick that just died after like 2 months. The rubber coating did come in handy though I cut it up and it now protects my micro SD USB adapter.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

I was going to jump on the 64GB thumb drive, because it's 3.0 - but that 30 day warranty isn't looking so hot.

paterpan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paterpan

how secure are these things really...?

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559

I've always had real good luck with Corsair memory of all types. In for one.

renerodriguez83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renerodriguez83

480GB SSD for 299.99? with a mean time between failure of 228 years! but its refurbished? and only a 30 day warranty? sounds legit! XD

P.S. someone needs to rework their MTBF math if your already selling that many refurbs. Just saying.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

renerodriguez83 wrote:480GB SSD for 299.99? with a mean time between failure of 228 years! but its refurbished? and only a 30 day warranty? sounds legit! XD

P.S. someone needs to rework their MTBF math if your already selling that many refurbs. Just saying.

i was told there would be no math.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

I hope they are naysaying the thumbdrives that are not the one I bought. The main reason I was looking for a hard drive was to use it to transfer large files between various systems and I figured that a big-'ole usb thumbdrive would do the trick just as well. fingers crossed

cubbiemi

quality posts: 40 Private Messages cubbiemi

The Iomega drives still have horrible reviews on Amazon.
The connector tends to give way, doesn't seem useful.

jimspc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimspc

I'm sick of these so called deals that have everything sold out before I get the email. Makes you wonder if they ever had them and if they had so few why bother with all the hoopla. I'm done with woot!!! they are just another scam to get you interested in higher priced bs.

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

Let's get this correct here. Memory is memory.

However, HDDs, even solid state drives, are STORAGE, not memory. Even though they use memory for that storage, they're still storage, not memory.

If you can power down, and your info stays, it's storage. If you lose it when you remove the power, that's memory.

steve

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

That MTBF could be accurate. It just means that some of the good drives are REALLY good and last like thousands of years. These refurbs happen to be on the other end of the bell curve!

renerodriguez83 wrote:480GB SSD for 299.99? with a mean time between failure of 228 years! but its refurbished? and only a 30 day warranty? sounds legit! XD

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
inkycatz wrote:

The corsair voyager flash drives are not a well-designed product. While one would think the soft rubber outside would help "protect" it, I had one last about a week and a half before the USB tip under the cover broke.

It is a flawed design in that the rubber makes it too wide for most rear USB ports that are side by side. It was a tight fit, but I needed to have an external HDD hooked up to transfer some files off of. After a few times of use, the tip decided to stay in the PC with the drive coming with me.

Given the padlock ones have a similar soft rubber, I would recommend avoiding those also.

elfleadermike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfleadermike
jimspc wrote:I'm sick of these so called deals that have everything sold out before I get the email. Makes you wonder if they ever had them and if they had so few why bother with all the hoopla. I'm done with woot!!! they are just another scam to get you interested in higher priced bs.

I'm with ya there, almost every low priced item I want is sold out,and all that's ever left is the overpriced crapola.

Castlevania

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Castlevania
jimspc wrote:I'm sick of these so called deals that have everything sold out before I get the email. Makes you wonder if they ever had them and if they had so few why bother with all the hoopla. I'm done with woot!!! they are just another scam to get you interested in higher priced bs.

I have to agree.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Came here to post essentially this.

Next Woot! will start reposting eBay links as "killer deals".

Please go back to Woot! circa 2007.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

as we've said - an awful lot, frankly - the items we sell in our "Plus" deals are usually available in much smaller quantities than our main product offerings. we may have only a handful of items, but we still want to sell the things.

and while i'm totally behind our Wooters & their concerns, it's pretty difficult for me to back up the ol' "this is a scam because they sell out of stuff" argument.

if you missed out on a sale because you didn't receive an email, my advice would be: don't wait for the email. sometimes these things sell FAST. so check twitter. check facebook. check, you know, the site. the email is just one channel. (incidentally, i will pass along your complaint re: selling out before emails are sent.)

sorry to bring back the snark of woot's yesteryear, but this is just silly.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jimspc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimspc

"we may have only a handful of items, but we still want to sell the things. "

Wow!! really? Sounds desperate to me. The fact is you sell a "handfull" of "refurbished" items and the rest of the things you sell are higher priced than you can find for sale elsewhere with a simple Google search.

As a matter of fact I have seen several times things you sell a refurbished sell brand new elsewhere for less. I highly recommend that everyone search elsewhere for the same products offered here to compare prices. I think you will be very surprised at what you find.

While I do admit you can find a deal here, they are "very few and far between"

The fact that Woot keeps advertising the same soldout product for days on end to me is just plain rude, crude and socially unacceptable. It's like yeah we had 1 of those but it sold but now that you're here check out our other overpriced stuff.

"we may have only a handful of items, but we still want to sell the things. " I've known used car salesmen with more class that that.
Shame, Shame, Shame.

JayBofMA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JayBofMA

Seems techwoot has a very short memory. I noticed early on that all of the good stuff wen on the first day (or was gone before the Tiny Tim Crowed). I would have thought theey'd restock the shelves if things were going so well.....

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

The RAM kit is 5 dollars less on the mothership...plus ships for free, so really 10 dollars less...

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Modules-1600MHz-KHX1600C10D3B1K2-16G/dp/B007TTEHMW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355419424&sr=1-1&keywords=Kingston+HyperX+blu+16G