0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

I would have gotten these if I didn't just buy the ATH-ANC9s.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

I'm in the market for a good gaming headset but this is a wee bit out of budget right now. I've already spent enough on PC parts and Xmas gifts this week..

Give me something in the $70-80 mark and I'll be happy

Perhaps in the Woot-Off....

To anyone considering these, here are the Amazon reviews: Klipsch M40. Apparently these retail for a whopping $350!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

alextse

quality posts: 23 Private Messages alextse

Yeah, I love my Audio Technica noise cancelling over the ear headphones. Great performance for a good price. Not sure if these will do any better although priced higher.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
alextse wrote:Yeah, I love my Audio Technica noise cancelling over the ear headphones. Great performance for a good price. Not sure if these will do any better although priced higher.

I already owned a pair of the ATH-ANC7b but my wife has usurped them. Took the opporunity to get myself something better. The ATH-ANC9s were $199-%50MIR on BuyDig.com a few days ago.

sherrythiele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherrythiele

Darn! I was hoping "TECH" would get in on the woot-off. I'm looking for a deal on a tablet.

It's not too late, Woot! You can turn it on now :-)

chefferz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefferz
sherrythiele wrote:Darn! I was hoping "TECH" would get in on the woot-off. I'm looking for a deal on a tablet.

I'm 99% sure you'll still find a tablet on the woot off. It doesn't need to be in tech.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 48 Private Messages pupyluvr

Gadget Review briefly mentions that Klipsch has a new model of Nose Canceling Headphones.

Here's a review from Engadget with lots of good pictures and info.

Okiiashi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Okiiashi

I bought these new from an online vendor for 200 flat. I love these headphones!! Awesome sound and the noise cancelling is great. I mainly got these because it wasn't blaring bass to compensate for "noise cancelling". These give a great clean warm sound and make my flights go by quick.

It does recommend about a 100 hours of 40% over normal volume to break in the woofer/tweeters.

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999
sherrythiele wrote:Darn! I was hoping "TECH" would get in on the woot-off. I'm looking for a deal on a tablet.

Deals.Woot has this as a "deal" on a tablet:
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/ba81abed-a16a-44e5-901c-692ea2a65a68/kindle-fire-hd-8-9-stunning-8-9-screen-and-dolby-audio#1

YMMV

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999

Aaaaaaand....there it is.
Run Sherry Run!!!

iamcolin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamcolin

These got such good reviews on Amazon and are super good looking cans. At this price it's almost a steal. In for one.

weirds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirds

Why does woot keep denying my payment method?! I've bought bunch of things on here and this has never happened to me. I WANT THESE HEADPHONES DAMMIT!

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

The afroementioned Amazon reviews are here:
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Mode-M40-Headphones-Copper/product-reviews/B005N8A4Z0

For the first time in a while, a real screaming deal on a Woot site. These are offered at $350 (list price) on Amazon and elsewhere. $200 off. In for one, I need to replace my just about dead Bose Quiet Comfort 2

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

weirds wrote:Why does woot keep denying my payment method?! I've bought bunch of things on here and this has never happened to me. I WANT THESE HEADPHONES DAMMIT!

Probably one of two reasons:

Your bank is denying the charges, or

You're paying with PayPal and your PayPal account is not backed by a credit card or bank account.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight

Klipsch has a really stellar reputation for good audio gear, notably headphones. I haven't used this specific headset, but I have used three others for long periods of time. My personal experience has convinced me to trust the brand implicitly. YMMV of course, but this price is stupid-low for what it says on the tin. I'd be in for one if I wasn't already bathing in headsets I wanted but don't really need.

lfchurchwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lfchurchwell

Does refurbished mean that these have been factory refurbished or have they been owned/used before?

omecene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omecene

Need to purchase headphones for my 13 yr. old son to use while playing drums - He wants beats by dr. dre - Which are better? I know nothing about this stuff - looking for some expert advice. Thanks

Alphagrey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Alphagrey
omecene wrote:Need to purchase headphones for my 13 yr. old son to use while playing drums - He wants beats by dr. dre - Which are better? I know nothing about this stuff - looking for some expert advice. Thanks

That is funny. I am looking at these because my 13 yr. old son wants beats as well. They must be the cool head accessory these days.

v3xed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages v3xed

For those so inclined. Beats, cost about 300$ and are very good headphones worth about 150$

My suggestion for a set of studio headphones are the Audiotechnica ATHM50's. They are Very! Good headphones worth about 250$ and they only cost about 100$ Find them on amazon for a steal!

As far as these go, I am interested, but also never owned a Klipsch product, so somewhat skeptical? Stuff usually goes on sale for a reason yakno!

stevethelil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevethelil
alextse wrote:Yeah, I love my Audio Technica noise cancelling over the ear headphones. Great performance for a good price. Not sure if these will do any better although priced higher.

I'm also very pleased with mine. The Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B are a great value. They are currently $144 on Amazon, although I bought them for less than that on Amazon not too long ago.

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet
v3xed wrote:For those so inclined. Beats, cost about 300$ and are very good headphones worth about 150$

klipsch definitely does not fall into this category. i'm pretty sure you're also overestimating beats. it's more like $300 headphones that are a negligible improvement over the free ones you get on planes. klipsch actually tags equipment with prices that reflect quality, not branding.

i've never owned these, but i do know amazing style when i see it and personally...it looks pretty damn amazing. i'm getting a bee-vibe from this thing, might be the colors.

ayesquiddy

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ayesquiddy
omecene wrote:Need to purchase headphones for my 13 yr. old son to use while playing drums - He wants beats by dr. dre - Which are better? I know nothing about this stuff - looking for some expert advice. Thanks

If protecting your son's ears during drumming is the goal, you may want to get a lot more aggressive about using stronger "passive" noise protection (like these over at Woot parent site http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-1030110-Noise-Blocking-Earmuff/ or similar products). They physically block sound by covering the ear to block the outside noise. Different sizes of headphones, different materials, and how hard they "squeeze" your head to keep out the sound means that there are lots of differences across models.

I haven't seen any Beats product that would do that job properly. And I agree with other Wooters who say most of what you get with a set of Beats phones is branding/styling, not audio results.

This Klipsch set will block some sound, sure, due to the foam cup that surrounds the ear, and seems to do a good job from the reviews Wooters pointed to, but they won't work as as well as specialized products meant to protect hearing. It all depends on how much you're trying to attenuate the amount of total sound reaching the eardrum.

I've played in bands with loud gear; I speak from experience, I wish I'd had a set of those blocking headphones years ago.

Also, part of the overall noise cancellation effect in the Klipsch (and similar competeing products) is due to "active noise canceling" technology in addition to any blocking that a headphone set provides. (There are a lot of these products, with widely varying effectiveness; David Pogue did a good review in the NY Times on them a while back)

Models with active noise canceling use electronic circuitry and a batter to reduce the total amount of background noise that reaches the eardrum, by using microphones to capture the sound in the listening environment and generating the "opposite" sound signal. Summed together, you get less noise reaching the ear canal.

If you're son is anything like I was, you're going to have two challenges here: keeping the MP3 player (or whatever sound source) down, since they can play punishingly loud, regardless of how much the earphones are trying to reduce environmental noise. Also, lots of these products look, uh, unhip--if you're lucky, you'll find one that looks good enough so your son actually uses it when you aren't around.

omecene

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omecene

Just did some additional review work on these and others, and it seems like the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are better at a better price if you look around.

tcosupreme

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcosupreme
pupyluvr wrote:Gadget Review briefly mentions that Klipsch has a new model of Nose Canceling Headphones.

Here's a review from Engadget with lots of good pictures and info.

But I don't want my nose cancelled!

mnguyen1224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnguyen1224

I've worn these in store, they're not very comfortable, the pads are a lot harder than the beats cups are. Also, the base isn't as pronounced. Seeing as you're buying them for your 13yo, if he's a basehead, I'd get him beats, if he just wants great great sound quality overall, I'd get him these (especially at this price!)

mnguyen1224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnguyen1224
eldiablohijo wrote:Anyone have indication of comfort level?

The cups are a bit harder than beats, so I hesitated buying based on how long I'd be able to keep them on... but they sound great!

bstu185

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bstu185
eldiablohijo wrote:Anyone have indication of comfort level?

Plenty of reviews of them being too tight; in fact when Engadget talked to Klipsch, they said that they would be decreasing the headband's "clamp force" by 20% for future models (http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/24/klipsch-mode-m40-noise-cancelling-headphones-review/).

Other reviews state that the earpads are very thick and hard, exacerbating the clamp force issue. Also, the earpads are a bit too small for some folks, so they are kind of in-between on-ear and over-ear. (Read: awkward and uncomfortable fit.)

In addition, my personal opinion of the design is that these are the fugliest cans I've ever seen.

diverej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diverej

Are these refurbished by Klipsch, or another vendor? Are they returnable if the fit is not good on my ears?

Thanks!
EJ

bstu185

omecene wrote:Just did some additional review work on these and others, and it seems like the Audio Technica ATH-M50 are better at a better price if you look around.

The ATH-M50 are phenomenal cans, but do not have noise cancelling feature. If you want noise cancelling over-the-ears from Audio Technica you can go with the ATH-ANC27 (budget-friendly), ATH-ANC7b (best value for dollar), or ATH-ANC9 (top o' the line).

bstu185

rhycochet wrote:klipsch definitely does not fall into this category. i'm pretty sure you're also overestimating beats. it's more like $300 headphones that are a negligible improvement over the free ones you get on planes. klipsch actually tags equipment with prices that reflect quality, not branding.

Beats are actually solid headphones when it comes to build and audio quality. They're just overpriced because of the marketing attached to them. Haters gonna hate, but they do their job and people are obviously willing to pay a premium for the extra style.

Misguided

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Misguided
digitalcoder wrote:Here is a good compare
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/comparative-review-high-end-noise-canceling-headphones-page-2

Actually, I disagree with nearly everything they said about these headphones. I went and tried them on earlier, then decided to pull the trigger on a pair.

Appearance is subjective, but I happen to find these quite attractive.

Yes, the pads are firmer than some other brands, as others have pointed out, but that's because they are made from memory foam, so they are going to mold to the shape of your head and retain their shape for years of use.

While these are rather heavy, I honestly didn't think they felt overly weighty on my head. You aren't going to forget they are there, but I honestly thought they were much more comfortable than I expected. They do have a snug fit, but I wore them for a good while and there was no vise grip sensation or anything like that. If you want something that is feather light and you are going to forget you are wearing, these are not for you. But I found them to feel solid and substantial, and yes, comfortable.

That reviewer commented there was no high-end? I have to wonder if their pair was functioning properly; if anything, I felt the top end was a bit strong relative to the mid.

I will say that the noise-cancellation was tough to evaluate. When you turn it on, it doesn't immediately change the character of the noise around you or create the sensation of pressure on your ears like my Bose QC3 headphones do, but I had already heard that in some other reviews.

There are some things I like about my QC3 better, but at this price, I think these are hard to pass on.

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01

i dont know but when i buy something and it gets sold out it gives me a good feeling that made a right choice of buying it. hopefully i would like the sound of it as there are many mixed reviews i have read.

jimmy888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimmy888

You asked for a deal on gaming headsets....here you go:

http://www.woot.com/plus/turtle-beach-hear-them-coming

computermd82 wrote:I'm in the market for a good gaming headset but this is a wee bit out of budget right now. I've already spent enough on PC parts and Xmas gifts this week..

Give me something in the $70-80 mark and I'll be happy

Perhaps in the Woot-Off....

To anyone considering these, here are the Amazon reviews: Klipsch M40. Apparently these retail for a whopping $350!

aerios01

mine was picked up by "shipping partners" usps tracking number anyone know how long does it take for them to deliver? i wanted this to be delivered with nxt day delivery but it wasn't applicable/possible. ahhhhhh cant wait.

spadwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spadwick

I just received mine and am quite shocked at how poor they sound. It sounds like I am listening to music through a wall, or perhaps a mattress. A huge disappointment.

I have a pair of ATH-M50s that sound immeasurably better than these. I'm sorry I wasted the money.

aerios01

spadwick wrote:I just received mine and am quite shocked at how poor they sound. It sounds like I am listening to music through a wall, or perhaps a mattress. A huge disappointment.

I have a pair of ATH-M50s that sound immeasurably better than these. I'm sorry I wasted the money.

are you sure you weren't REALLY listening through a wall or a mattress? to me they sound just fine. they didn't blow me away but they weren't bad considering how much i paid and they also need at least 20-30hrs burn in. However I am angry with woot, they came in packaging worse than used product. there are scratches on the product and there is no nylon sleeve/pouch that it suppose to come in. MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT YOU ARE SENDING TO YOUR CUSTOMER ARE IN RIGHT CONDITION. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH WOOT.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

aerios01 wrote:are you sure you weren't REALLY listening through a wall or a mattress? to me they sound just fine. they didn't blow me away but they weren't bad considering how much i paid and they also need at least 20-30hrs burn in. However I am angry with woot, they came in packaging worse than used product. there are scratches on the product and there is no nylon sleeve/pouch that it suppose to come in. MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT YOU ARE SENDING TO YOUR CUSTOMER ARE IN RIGHT CONDITION. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH WOOT.

I'm sorry to hear that you received your order in the condition you described.

Please feel free to email Woot Member Services and they'll be glad to help you resolve the issue.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator