WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: NASA seeks volunteers to test the viability of lunar colonization. Would you volunteer to try to live on the moon?
  • 37.6% - Heck yeah! It’s the new frontier! 726
  • 3.1% - No way, that sounds too dangerous. 59
  • 14.8% - No, I’d miss all my Earth friends and fast food. 287
  • 20.5% - No, I’m just not the “space colonist” type of person. 397
  • 24% - Maybe. How much of a subsidy do moon farmers get? 464
1933 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mrtbshaw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrtbshaw

I'd take it even if I knew it was a one way trip. No questions asked.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Nope, too much like camping. They still don't have a good way to go to the bathroom in zero-g or in low-g.

d0ct3r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d0ct3r

Just tell me when they need recruits.

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

I'd grab all that neat stuff on the Moon, left by the last tenants, and sell it on mBay!
(eBay is on Earth, silly!)

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

searchneverend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searchneverend

guess who has worked for NASA here, yep <<< this guy lol. I interned with them with in summer of 09. and once done with college i'll be back working for them!!!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

It will be a one-way trip. I'd have to weigh the thought of leaving my family/never being able to start my own. It's an interesting dilemma.

I'm glad I'll never have to choose. I have literally no viable skills to provide the project.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

30 years ago, maybe. Too old for that now.

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus

I would go, the trip would be amazing, but once you get there there would be nothing to do. There is nothing there but dirt and rocks, sort of like the middle east without the rockets and bombs going off around you. So, no thanks.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

phredt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phredt

How much will Woot be charging for shipping to the moon?

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo

Get me the hell off of this stinking planet already! One way trip sounds good to me!
See ya, earthlings!

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

pinchy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinchy
phredt wrote:How much will Woot be charging for shipping to the moon?

$5.00 - duh!

wellIamJake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wellIamJake

I'd go provided there would be no politicians.

Jake

joei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joei

There will always be adventurers who risk life and limb striving to be first. We have a whole book of firsts (Guinness Records)

If they had a signup sheet to go to Mars, even as a 1 way trip, there would be lots of people who would volunteer. Your name would be on par with Neil Armstrong. First person to set foot on Mars. (and first one to die there)

No brainer, I'd go