WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

High Definit-fun Televisions and More!

After Thanksgiving, most families had left over turkey and stuffing. But the Woot family was different. The Woot family has leftover high-def televisions and accessories. Don't you wish your family was more like the Woot family?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I've always been leery of the idea of mounting my TV to a wall.

1. Is it as hard as it looks?
2. Has your tv ever... fallen off?

Convince me it's OK and that people do this all the time!

I'm just hanging out, really.

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz

Hah!

"Famous Maker 46" 1080p 3D LED HDTV"
Turns out it's a COBY. Famous for all the wrong reasons.

A comparison, if you allow me:

"Famous name Power Company!"
Turns out to be Enron.

kusmertz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kusmertz
inkycatz wrote:I've always been leery of the idea of mounting my TV to a wall.

I have a buddy who's got a 60" Samsung LED that's been hanging for over a year. You just have to know what you're doing and make sure you anchor it to solid points in the wall.

afruzzetti

quality posts: 1 Private Messages afruzzetti

If you do it right, there's no danger. I mean, your kitchen cabinets are mounted on your wall, and think about all the weight they can carry. As long as your mount is in studs then a TV should be just fine.

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
kusmertz wrote:Hah!

"Famous Maker 46" 1080p 3D LED HDTV"
Turns out it's a COBY. Famous for all the wrong reasons.

A comparison, if you allow me:

"Famous name Power Company!"
Turns out to be Enron.

Yes, I think this is more accurately an infamous maker

burns11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burns11

1. It's not hard at all, you need to know how to use a stud finder and a level, but it's easy.

2. Before I hung my TV on the wall, I hung myself from the bracket and it held all 280 lbs of me.

fch928

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fch928
burns11 wrote:1. It's not hard at all, you need to know how to use a stud finder and a level, but it's easy.

2. Before I hung my TV on the wall, I hung myself from the bracket and it held all 280 lbs of me.

what about hanging a tv over the fireplace? any advise or tips on how to do that? Thanks!

Woodman668

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Woodman668
fch928 wrote:what about hanging a tv over the fireplace? any advise or tips on how to do that? Thanks!

It looks cool as hell on the right fireplace in the right home. But I've read that over time long term exposure to heat and smoke will trash it.

If you use you fireplace and it's wood burning, I'd strongly suggest not doing this. Think of the times you start a fire and you get a little smoke in the house... now funnel that straight into your TV.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
fch928 wrote:what about hanging a tv over the fireplace? any advise or tips on how to do that? Thanks!

That seems like an annoyance to me... a bright flickering image below the bright flickering image I'm watching. That said... heat rises and I'm expecting that would be a toasty place for your electronic wonder.

superspacemunky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superspacemunky
Bione wrote:Yes, I think this is more accurately an infamous maker

So there are so famous that they are IN famous?!

everett0123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everett0123
superspacemunky wrote:So there are so famous that they are IN famous?!

No reviews to be found!

hangmanfsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hangmanfsc

pardon the stupid question... but can anyone explain what is means to "pan up to 30 degrees"?

what is the difference between panning and swivel?

the level mount dc37sj on woot says it can handle up to 47" tv, while searching on the net says it can only handle up to 40"...

help! who is correct?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hangmanfsc wrote:pardon the stupid question... but can anyone explain what is means to "pan up to 30 degrees"?

what is the difference between panning and swivel?

the level mount dc37sj on woot says it can handle up to 47" tv, while searching on the net says it can only handle up to 40"...

help! who is correct?

Sorry for the late reply.
Do you have the link to the other specifications? That would help us in comparing the information..

- Woot Staff

hangmanfsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hangmanfsc
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply.
Do you have the link to the other specifications? That would help us in comparing the information..

- Woot Staff

http://m.pricegrabber.com/Level-Mount-LevelMount-DC37SJ-Pan-Tilt-Wall_m712214112/

But I see that the manufactures actual website has the correct info, maybe this site is wrong...

craighansen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages craighansen
superspacemunky wrote:So there are so famous that they are IN famous?!

You might think that famous and infamous are opposites, but keep in mind that there is little difference between flammable and inflammable.

writeb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages writeb

The motorized TV stand is powered by hard wired power or battery?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

writeb wrote:The motorized TV stand is powered by hard wired power or battery?

Here's the product page for the OmniMount Power40. You'll find the manual there for download. It shows an AC Adapter.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Grassto0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grassto0

I am finally leaving the stone age, leaving my 20" old school TV - we thought we were hip getting color - for the LG 47" LED HGTV... Would any of the mounts work, or do some work better with the LG, some better with the Toshiba etc?

Thanks
Grasstoe

daviss31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daviss31

Anyone find any information (detailed specs or manual for the
Sylvania SYL-ETW101 Motorized Tilting Mount for 17-37" TVs??
Power source for motor?
VESA specs?

I can't find anything on this.

Thanks.

amendygral

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amendygral

I'm with the manufacturer. The other sites that say 40" are dated. This product has been re-spec'd to fit any bolt pattern on the back of a 47" or smaller TV and handle the weight as long as it's mounted into the wall properly. As far as 30 degree pan, swivel is pretty much the same thing. Flat on the wall would be zero, right to left 15 degrees each way would be 30. on a smaller screen it can go farther, the only thing that stops it is the side of the TV hitting the wall.

drewmorg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewmorg
craighansen wrote:You might think that famous and infamous are opposites, but keep in mind that there is little difference between flammable and inflammable.

Inflammable means flammable? What a country! - Dr. Nick

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
drewmorg wrote:Inflammable means flammable? What a country! - Dr. Nick

inflammable  

in·flam·ma·ble [in-flam-uh-buh l]
adjective
capable of being set on fire; combustible; flammable.
easily aroused or excited, as to passion or anger; irascible: an inflammable disposition.
noun
something inflammable.
Origin:
1595–1605; < Medieval Latin inflammābilis, equivalent to Latin inflammā ( re ) to inflame + -bilis -ble

realbogus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realbogus

I ordered one of these mounts and finally got a chance to hang it.

Stout little bugger. Easy enough to install... just had to find a stud in the wall.

Installs... mounts... bolts up... works like a champ!!!

Very cool. Bling on the cheap!