WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Scan on the Go with VuPoint Magic Wands!

Okay, so you won't need a portable scanner OFTEN. But when you finally DO…boy will you be glad you picked up a portable scanner. Right? I mean it's sort of like installing a lightning rod on your house. Might look a bit silly, might get you made fun of, might even go its whole life without being used. But when it FINALLY does come through, you'll sure be glad you picked one up.
VuPoint Solutions official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

These are not the Harry Potter wands you're looking for, but I guess you can be a wizard at record keeping. What's in need of scanning around your house?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

So, do these have Bluetooth?

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

tilde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tilde

According to this review on Amazon, there is a PDF option.

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
tilde wrote:According to this review on Amazon, there is a PDF option.

Only a more advance model does PDF. I believe it also scans up to 900dpi, and costs about $60+ refurbed. An intermediate model (which I own) has the same specs as this (no PDF) but also a color LCD that displays a rudimentary preview of your scan.

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
bolligra wrote:So, do these have Bluetooth?

No, none of the VuPoints have Bluetooth as far as I know.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
sdc100 wrote:Only a more advance model does PDF. I believe it also scans up to 900dpi, and costs about $60+ refurbed. An intermediate model (which I own) has the same specs as this (no PDF) but also a color LCD that displays a rudimentary preview of your scan.

Wait, how does a portable scanner not have the ability to create PDF? That has to be the primary reason anyone would use something like this. I mean no one who cares about quality is going to use this to scan photos. So if no PDF, then what formats can you save the scans in?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

danrulz98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danrulz98

It scans to a .JPG image and comes with Abey software to make OCR documents, and it's pretty easy to use PDFReDirect to make a JPG into a PDF.

explorer88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages explorer88

This is a little tricky to get the hang of, but once perfected, it is a handy device. If Grandma will not let you take the treasured family photos out of her house, you can capture them while everyone is gathered for the holidays. Handy for saving a page out of a magazine, book, or other print media. Great deal at the WOOT price!

BLGauthier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BLGauthier

These make great assistive technology devices for students with disabilities, too. My son's fine motor skills make note-taking nearly impossible in some classes, and waiting for a copy of a classmate's notes can mean he never gets them. We bought him one of these and he is allowed to scan a copy of a classmate's notes to take home for study. It's quick and easy (once you get your technique down), and no one has to find a copy machine or explain what carbon paper is.

Seattleone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattleone

Woot..the comp has better scanner five dollars cheaper right now at 1saleaday.com Woot..i am dispointed

Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Brown Box
Warranty: 1 Year
Manufacturer: VuPoint Solutions
Model: PDS-ST441-VP

Features Include:

•Easily scan, archive and organize files and save them as JPG or PDF files
•Conserve paper, the scan saves directly to an SD card so there is no unnecessary printing
•Supports cards of up to 32GB
•Lightweight and portable
•1” color LCD display
•Zoom up to 2x, 4x & 8x
•Built-in high speed sensor lets you scan faster than other portable scanners
•Includes software for editing scans
•Scan size: 8.35” x 35/45/98”
•Auto off settings
•Up to 900 DPI (300, 600, 900)
•Scans in 2-11 seconds (varies based on resolution)
•Automatic White Balance
•Built-in time and date setting feature
•USB 2.0 interface
•Plug and Play
•Requires 2 “AA” batteries (not included), Up-to 200 scans
•Compatibility: Windows XP or later
•Dimensions (Width x Height x Length): 1.2 x 1.1 x 10.1”
•Weight: 6.9 Oz.
Package Includes:
Scanner, USB Cable, Software CD, Pouch

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
Seattleone wrote:Woot..the comp has better scanner five dollars cheaper right now at 1saleaday.com Woot..i am dispointed

I also saw this. I was going to get the one from woot, as I have already made a purchase from woot today. 1saleaday has the better version for $29.99 + $4.99 shipping. That makes it $.02 cheaper for a better version.

Woot loses out this time, as I just ordered the better version.

Seattleone

wasserkapf wrote:I also saw this. I was going to get the one from woot, as I have already made a purchase from woot today. 1saleaday has the better version for $29.99 + $4.99 shipping. That makes it $.02 cheaper for a better version.

Woot loses out this time, as I just ordered the better version.

I almost ordered this from woot...glad i saw it 1saleaday.com, I ordered two...Great buy!

Seattleone

Seattleone wrote:I almost ordered this from woot...glad i saw it 1saleaday.com, I ordered two...Great buy!

5.00 Cheaper!

magendaswede

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magendaswede

I see that it uses batteries, so is it a standalone, like a SmartPen or other recorder OR does it require being connected to a computer to scan?

BLGauthier wrote:These make great assistive technology devices for students with disabilities, too. My son's fine motor skills make note-taking nearly impossible in some classes, and waiting for a copy of a classmate's notes can mean he never gets them. We bought him one of these and he is allowed to scan a copy of a classmate's notes to take home for study. It's quick and easy (once you get your technique down), and no one has to find a copy machine or explain what carbon paper is.

magendaswede

I see that it uses batteries, so is it a standalone, like a SmartPen or other recorder OR does it require being connected to a computer to scan?

explorer88 wrote:This is a little tricky to get the hang of, but once perfected, it is a handy device. If Grandma will not let you take the treasured family photos out of her house, you can capture them while everyone is gathered for the holidays. Handy for saving a page out of a magazine, book, or other print media. Great deal at the WOOT price!

magendaswede

Please forgive the repeated question; the day is ending for this offer. I see that it uses batteries, so is it a standalone, like a SmartPen or other recorder OR does it require being connected to a computer to scan?

danrulz98 wrote:It scans to a .JPG image and comes with Abey software to make OCR documents, and it's pretty easy to use PDFReDirect to make a JPG into a PDF.

av1313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages av1313

Just got mine tonight! Works great (so just tried flat documents and an old book with large margins). Was hoping to scan old recipe cards at my grandma's house...I think this scanner will do the trick!

magendaswede

Congrats! Did it require being connected to a computer to scan OR is it a standalone?

av1313 wrote:Just got mine tonight! Works great (so just tried flat documents and an old book with large margins). Was hoping to scan old recipe cards at my grandma's house...I think this scanner will do the trick!

av1313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages av1313
magendaswede wrote:Congrats! Did it require being connected to a computer to scan OR is it a standalone?

It can't be hooked up to the computer to scan. So, it's stand alone. It uses a microSD card to store the images. Hook it up to computer to transfer the images.

magendaswede

So glad to hear from you! Seattleone & Wasserkopf pointed out the better deal, so I just met another site. Don't worry Woot, you're still my first one (day-one-deal)!

av1313 wrote:It can't be hooked up to the computer to scan. So, it's stand alone. It uses a microSD card to store the images. Hook it up to computer to transfer the images.

Seattleone

magendaswede wrote:So glad to hear from you! Seattleone & Wasserkopf pointed out the better deal, so I just met another site. Don't worry Woot, you're still my first one (day-one-deal)!

You're welcome! 1saleaday only has one color left! Better grab it before they're all gone...it's a better model and cheaper!

hobbitus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hobbitus
Seattleone wrote:Woot..the comp has better scanner five dollars cheaper right now at 1saleaday.com Woot..i am dispointed

Condition: Factory Refurbished
Packaging: Brown Box
Warranty: 1 Year
Manufacturer: VuPoint Solutions
Model: PDS-ST441-VP

Features Include:

•Easily scan, archive and organize files and save them as JPG or PDF files
•Conserve paper, the scan saves directly to an SD card so there is no unnecessary printing
•Supports cards of up to 32GB
•Lightweight and portable
•1” color LCD display
•Zoom up to 2x, 4x & 8x
•Built-in high speed sensor lets you scan faster than other portable scanners
•Includes software for editing scans
•Scan size: 8.35” x 35/45/98”
•Auto off settings
•Up to 900 DPI (300, 600, 900)
•Scans in 2-11 seconds (varies based on resolution)
•Automatic White Balance
•Built-in time and date setting feature
•USB 2.0 interface
•Plug and Play
•Requires 2 “AA” batteries (not included), Up-to 200 scans
•Compatibility: Windows XP or later
•Dimensions (Width x Height x Length): 1.2 x 1.1 x 10.1”
•Weight: 6.9 Oz.
Package Includes:
Scanner, USB Cable, Software CD, Pouch

Did you read the reviews for: 1saleaday.com ?? A lot of one stars.

Seattleone

hobbitus wrote:Did you read the reviews for: 1saleaday.com ?? A lot of one stars.

I read many good reviews thus is the reason why I purchased two!

Seattleone

hobbitus wrote:Did you read the reviews for: 1saleaday.com ?? A lot of one stars.

PC Magazine-Oct 15, 2012- Editor Rating 4 out of 5 starts- Excellent~

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410674,00.asp

matcuk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matcuk

Hope you all know, these were $17.99 on Woot just a few months ago. Prices are going down all the time on this product. Just wait a while longer, and you will be able to get it for half the price.

Seattleone

[quote postid="5270037" user="matcuk"]Hope you all know, these were $17.99 on Woot just a few months ago. Prices are going down all the time on this product. Just wait a while longer, and you will be able to get it for half the price.[ the/quote]

Woot has the older model!

Seattleone

matcuk wrote:Hope you all know, these were $17.99 on Woot just a few months ago. Prices are going down all the time on this product. Just wait a while longer, and you will be able to get it for half the price.

Woot has the older model!

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64
BLGauthier wrote:These make great assistive technology devices for students with disabilities, too. My son's fine motor skills make note-taking nearly impossible in some classes, and waiting for a copy of a classmate's notes can mean he never gets them. We bought him one of these and he is allowed to scan a copy of a classmate's notes to take home for study. It's quick and easy (once you get your technique down), and no one has to find a copy machine or explain what carbon paper is.

WOW that is an AMAZING idea. I just used mine to scan some notes and send them to a classmate, but wow. I had not even thought of how useful that could be if i ever missed a class. Thanks so much for posting!

Also, these take very high quality scans. I was delightfully surprised.

gothicchic21

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gothicchic21

Very disappointed & contacting customer service! Woot's listing says it has a 1 year warranty which is a lie! I received my poorly packaged scanner today and a little sheet of paper that says it is only a 90 day warranty. The only reason I purchased a refurbished item was because of the warranty being 1 year. What a scam!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
gothicchic21 wrote:Very disappointed & contacting customer service! Woot's listing says it has a 1 year warranty which is a lie! I received my poorly packaged scanner today and a little sheet of paper that says it is only a 90 day warranty. The only reason I purchased a refurbished item was because of the warranty being 1 year. What a scam!

We're looking into that warranty issue for you, thanks for the heads up and letting us know you contacted support@woot.com!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mytigerlil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytigerlil

OK can someone tell me why after getting the scanner days ago I got an email yesterday saying it was shipped??

mytigerlil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytigerlil

Mine says 90 day warranty as well !! Now I have to contact support again..

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mytigerlil wrote:Mine says 90 day warranty as well !! Now I have to contact support again..

I'm very sorry to hear that the shipping didn't update properly on your order.

I'm sure if you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com they'll be glad to assist you

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Correction:

In case anyone is concerned about the warranty of Vupoint products, the CORRECT warranty period is 1 Year with VuPoint.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

Finally had a chance to get this out of the box and I can't get it to turn on! I put fresh batteries in. Anyone else have this issue?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Rhonwyn22 wrote:Finally had a chance to get this out of the box and I can't get it to turn on! I put fresh batteries in. Anyone else have this issue?

I haven't seen any reports. You might check the VuPoint site for some troubleshooting or contact their support for some help. Hopefully it's something simple.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders