WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you skydive from the upper atmosphere?
  • 7% - Sure, if I could afford it. 482
  • 6.9% - Maybe, if it could somehow be guaranteed I wouldn’t die. 478
  • 80.9% - No way, too scary. 5570
  • 5.1% - No way, just not my thing. 354
6884 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

no way to scary twice

BooferFTW

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BooferFTW

Who is on the keyboard tonight? Looks like Captain Redundant with boxing gloves on. <3

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Ap13fish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ap13fish

I'd vote "HELL YEAH, Wahooo". Too bad it is not an option. It's not like you would feel any impact if you hit the ground. At least not for long.

Pbsniper88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbsniper88

Why is every option "No"?? Hell yes I would!

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay

Yes but no.

dseanadams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dseanadams

Sorry for the poll fart. I fixed it.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
dseanadams wrote:Sorry for the poll fart. I fixed it.

No problemo! I dig the $5 coupons I've got in the past, and I like woot a lot, so I help out when I can. ;)

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007

I've jumped from 10k before. It was fantastic.

This guy rules:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/14/skydiver-sound-barrier-baumgartner/1632329

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

davidbowser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidbowser

First time skydiving story: we were taking off in the plane and I was seated right next to the door. These planes have basic metal benches in them, not like airline seats or anything, and I am about two feet from the door. A minute after we took off, I asked the instructor if the door was still supposed to be open, and he responded, "Whoops!" and closed the door.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

Holy cats! Why are so many wooters afraid? What time of year is this? FALL! Perfect for a high altitude fall, right?

This reminds me of how many people think I was nuts to go swimming in the middle of the ocean. "It's thousands of feet down." "You can't see what's underneath you." True and true, but so what? Once it's deep enough that I can't touch the bottom, why should I care whether it's 10 feet deep or 10,000 feet deep?

Okay, so jumping from 10,000 feet is not the same as from the upper atm. So? As long as you're geared up properly, you'll have a lot more time to enjoy the feeling and the scenery!

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.