WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you have a case on your phone?
  • 40.6% - No. Live dangerously! 632
  • 53% - Yes. Safety first. 825
  • 6.5% - Yes. Fashion first. 101
1558 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

No, because my phone is a prepaid heap of gift

knobody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knobody

otterbox, because I have kids.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Bought the otterbox, but the LCD still ruptured when dropped from chest height. So now I just let the insurance take care of protecting my Android.

dunc0029

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dunc0029

I don't have a phone, let alone a case for it.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

With as klutzy as I am, of course I do. I can't even keep count of how often I drop or knock over my phone. How this poor phone isn't cracked or exploded yet is a miracle I dare not question.
Also, I totally cajoled (my brother may say "whined," but he is smelly and wrong) the phone store peeps into giving me a free shock absorber case, so you better believe I am damned sure gonna be using my free case. It was freeeeee! (And obviously good protection--see above.)

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

No case here, and I've dropped my Samsung Focus maybe 3 times in the 2 years that I've had it. It's got a little scuff on the bottom edge, but that's purely cosmetic.

Except in cases of people who are always dropping their phone (see commenter above me), I think cases are a money grab.

adrianne203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianne203

Slide out keyboard prevents cases. For me, the keyboard is worth it.

TheRaven

quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven

Nope. Smartphones today typically do NOT need a case. Well, unless you have an i product from that company with a fruit as its name. :-) Those glass sides seem to break quite easily.

That's not the case (pun intended) with most new phones however.

My HTC Sensation 4G doesn't need a case with it's Corning Gorrilla Glass screen and the design of the body. The glass is curved at the edges and the body of the phone is completely removable. The glass does not scratch or break.

I've actually demonstrated this by taking a fork and a knife and jabbing it all over the screen. Not a scratch. I've demonstrated how strong it is at a bar by throwing on the floor multiple times. Yes, I had had a few. LOL.

Even so, the most damage it's seen, and believe me, I drop it all the time, is some scratches on the corners of body. If I really want it to be just like new I could easily replace the body as it contains no electronics at all and it would be just like new phone.

So, there ya have it.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I don't have a case on my phone, I have my phone in a case.

zaidgttam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaidgttam

Yes, a silicone one.