WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Studio Audio Sussudio Equipment

As a musician, you're always living in the shadow of the medium's highest achievement. Indeed, after the perfection of Mr. Collin's masterpiece, it was difficult for many to find motivation to even try to make music of their own. But we believe that, with this equipment, you can create something better than Sussudio. 

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do you make music? Share your thoughts with us.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Maulio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maulio

Any thoughts on the Gemini HSR-1000 Studio Headphones?

wootsmittywoot

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootsmittywoot

Gemini SC-1 Portable USB Soundcard- Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly does this thing do/what is it for?

Jthon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jthon

Curious if anyone has an opinion on the HSR-1000 headphones? Are these any good?

blobel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blobel
wootsmittywoot wrote:Gemini SC-1 Portable USB Soundcard- Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly does this thing do/what is it for?

It's a sound card like the one on your motherboard. The difference is that it's external and has multiple inputs for attaching different devices/instruments.
Basically it allows you to plug in your audio equipment easily instead of trying to run everything straight into your motherboards sound card.

viralcow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viralcow

The HSR-1000 is a re-branded Takstar Pro-80. (http://www.head-fi.org/t/627186/looking-for-takstar-pro-80#post_8906167)

According to some impressions they are quite good for their price.

Sound frequency graph:
http://en.goldenears.net/GR_Headphones/10893

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

For the most part, Gemini is low end amateur DJ type gear. If you're gonna have a rave in your mom's garage and you wanna appear to be a "DJ"- buy up some gemini gear. If you want real studio quality gear, look at AKG, Sennheiser, Tascam etc.

chickenmumbo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickenmumbo
skrutinizr wrote:For the most part, Gemini is low end amateur DJ type gear. If you're gonna have a rave in your mom's garage and you wanna appear to be a "DJ"- buy up some gemini gear. If you want real studio quality gear, look at AKG, Sennheiser, Tascam etc.

As Stated earlier the 1000's are rebadged Pro80's and well worth the cost Sennheiser and AKG dont have comparable headsets at that price.

dewahba

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dewahba

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars 2 Times same issue July 14, 2010
By Daniel M. Sarango
Amazon Verified Purchase
Ikey M has bugs and the recording quality is not like the older versions, records in one line (left or right) and cuts off some parts in the recording, overall bad experience, when calling to their customer service (at I-Key products), they get defensive and don't give a solution aside of saying you need to buy a new one!, BAD customer Service. If you can avoid buying this, I would recommend to do so.

mdcclxxvi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdcclxxvi

I see the same comment on several blogs:

Updating the firmware. The file name at the iKey web site is incorrect.
You will download “ ikey update 1.0.37 “. Rename it “ iKEY_update.gci “.
No spaces, no numbers and only one “ dot “ and only one underscore.
Then follow the instructions on the manual. The manual is at their web
site. The guys at IKEY were very helpful in figuring this out. Another fix is the external MIC jack. Trim away some of the plastic case around the MIC jack so the MIC plug goes all the way in the jack

But the downloads page at the manufacturers site is blank.

• Does the unit come with an up-to-date firmware, or does it need to be updated, and
  • If it needs to be updated, does anyone have a working link to the most recent update?

This is going to be a gift for a musician who I know will never think to check for a firmware update, so I need to update it for him before giving to him.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Sue Sue Sue Dio!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

michalmurphy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michalmurphy

the Ikey Audio HDR7A Portable Digital Recorder looks like what they use on Ghost Hunters for EVP work. Can anyone verify the clarity with which one can hear Aunt Gladys with it?

carlhdonky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages carlhdonky

Bought the HSR-1000's last time and for the cash, I'm pretty happy. I have a giant head and these don't cause ear pain after several hours of use, block almost all "normal" external noise, and sound pretty good.

smigit2002

quality posts: 12 Private Messages smigit2002

Word of warning: The DJX-05 headphones are probably the least comfortable headphones I have ever worn.

imawooternow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imawooternow

Hello: I ordered the HDR7 and the Woot spec sheet said
Condition: NEW

It arrived with a label: REFURBISHED
and it looks used.

Woot? what happened?
Thanks, I want NEW. I thought it was new, according to your spec sheet. This is a mistake, right?
Best

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

imawooternow wrote:Hello: I ordered the HDR7 and the Woot spec sheet said
Condition: NEW

It arrived with a label: REFURBISHED
and it looks used.

Woot? what happened?
Thanks, I want NEW. I thought it was new, according to your spec sheet. This is a mistake, right?
Best

Sorry for the late reply, I was waiting to hear back from staff about this issue.

We're sorry to hear that are experiencing issues with your order. Please write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

If any other Members experience this same dilemma, please follow the instructions above and write into Woot Member Services.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

imawooternow

Dear Woot:
BAIT and Switch has happened.
I hope unintentionally!
When I purchased the HDR7, it was listed and advertised as CONDITION: NEW
and I sent you a link to it along w screenshot.
honest! and it was still listed that way, when I posted in the forum yesterday.
Again, I wrote back as you recommended to service@woot.com and to support@woot.com

I sent you a PHOTO! a screenshot!
and guess what!
You CHANGED THE AD after the FACT, to REFURBISHED! this morning
not cool!
Then this morning I receive very curt note from "Riley" support@woot.com who says
"Per the sales advertisement, the product was clearly noted as being in refurbished condition"

Please, WOOT, show me that you are honest and this is an honest mistake on your part.
Otherwise, it will demonstrate that you did a BAIT & Switch.
I still want to believe in Woot.
but I am now shocked, very shocked that this has happened.
Thank you for your time.
Best and I hope to hear from you right away!!!!!!!~!!!
Best

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply, I was waiting to hear back from staff about this issue.

We're sorry to hear that are experiencing issues with your order. Please write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

If any other Members experience this same dilemma, please follow the instructions above and write into Woot Member Services.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
imawooternow wrote:Dear Woot:

We've sent on your concern for investigation.

I'm just hanging out, really.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
imawooternow wrote:Dear Woot:
BAIT and Switch has happened.
I hope unintentionally!
When I purchased the HDR7, it was listed and advertised as CONDITION: NEW
and I sent you a link to it along w screenshot.
honest! and it was still listed that way, when I posted in the forum yesterday.
Again, I wrote back as you recommended to service@woot.com and to support@woot.com

I sent you a PHOTO! a screenshot!
and guess what!
You CHANGED THE AD after the FACT, to REFURBISHED! this morning
not cool!
Then this morning I receive very curt note from "Riley" support@woot.com who says
"Per the sales advertisement, the product was clearly noted as being in refurbished condition"

Please, WOOT, show me that you are honest and this is an honest mistake on your part.
Otherwise, it will demonstrate that you did a BAIT & Switch.
I still want to believe in Woot.
but I am now shocked, very shocked that this has happened.
Thank you for your time.
Best and I hope to hear from you right away!!!!!!!~!!!
Best

Hi,

Late night woot CS here.

We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

Please know that the wheels are turning and we will send out an email with a resolution soon.

imawooternow

Some resolution. ...
In the meantime, they changed the ad to now say Refurbished. But I had proof.

Wrote back to woot with proof once more of 'condition: new advertising.'
They then said to return it with a 'complimentary label' and they will keep my $100 for an additional 10-14 days beyond return date. No help for me -- they've tied up my money for most of December.

Woot should ship what they promise and speedily refund money when they ship a different item from what was advertised.
What compensation can you offer me, Woot?

In the meantime, my husband's birthday will have passed and I have no present for him because woot keeps my money longer. this feeels like a bait and switch to me.

How do I explain this to my husband, thanks and happy birthday to you too, woot.

Did everyone else buy 'new' only to receive 'refurbished'.
How many others paid for condition: new and wont bother returning a 'refurbished' product.
Woot changed the ad display after it sold out. I may have been the only one to take a screenshot as proof.
The product sold out when they listed as new.
Buyer be careful. Think twice. I am bummed.

Check you purchase when you receive it. woot advertised as Condition: New
Until it sold out.

justinables wrote:Hi,

Late night woot CS here.

We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

Please know that the wheels are turning and we will send out an email with a resolution soon.

mdcclxxvi

Not just refurbished, but badly at that- the box is badly beaten, the device is very obviously used, the manual has even been written in! I didn't order a refurb, but even if I had, I would have expected them to find a new copy of the manual! I purchased this as a gift, and it looks like I found it at a garage sale! EXTREMELY UNHAPPY!

imawooternow

Exactly. Ditto. The product box looks Chewed up just like junk.
And it is definitely a used item.
What a joke.
Agree w you on your description. Good luck in getting a 'resolution'.
Best

mdcclxxvi wrote:Not just refurbished, but badly at that- the box is badly beaten, the device is very obviously used, the manual has even been written in! I didn't order a refurb, but even if I had, I would have expected them to find a new copy of the manual! I purchased this as a gift, and it looks like I found it at a garage sale! EXTREMELY UNHAPPY!

mdcclxxvi

Here's the email I sent:

purchased a HDR7A Portable Digital Recorder last week.
It was listed as Condition: New. I could have purchased a refurbished one elsewhere for less. I could have purchased a refurbished Tascam for only slightly more. But I bought this.
It arrived today, in a box marked refurbished. This is NOT what I ordered.

What’s worse, is it’s clearly never been “refurbished”. The previous owner was French, loved jam, and had a roll of tape handy.
How do I know this? They wrote in the manual. Not just in it, but on the cover, where it would be impossible to miss. In French. It says “29 Décembre 2011”. If you opened the box, there would have been no way not to see that it had been written in.

The device was put back in its original bag and sealed, heavily, with cellophane tape. The batteries were taped back together.
Everything, in fact, has lots of tape on it. It would be impossible to get to the device to “refurbish” it without ripping off the many layers of tape.
Which means that nobody did. Which means that whatever was wrong with it is still wrong with it.

Oh, and there’s jam on it. Or jelly, I can’t say which.
Jam.
Mother bleepin jam.
So it’s not new, it’s not even refurbished, it’s just used, probably broken, and definitely jammed.
Or jellied.
Either way, I got sent someone else’s Christmas rejects, from last year.

Merry Christmas.
Give me my money back.

Lots of love,
[REDACTED]

imawooternow

I should have been more descriptive... Like you.
The cardboard branding box it was in actually needs tape to hold it together. And it looks like it spent time on a dirty garage floor.

Here's a taste of Riley's customer service:
"Hello,

Per the sales advertisement, the product was clearly noted as being in refurbished condition:

http://tech.woot.com/offers/hdr7a-portable-digital-recorder

Ikey Audio HDR7A Portable Digital Recorder

ConditionRefurbished

"Unfortunately, as you did receive what was advertised, we will not be providing a new unit because a new unit was not what was advertised."

"Woot Member Services,"

Rliey"
Sweet! Then when i reply with proof that it was sold as "condition : new " later he says he apologizes and they know about it. And vaguely, they are looking for a resolution...

LOL

The nerve! Then Woot thendecides I deserve a 'complimentary' retun label.
"Your returned item will typically take 7-10 business days to process from receipt. However it can vary during busier times such as holidays."
Ie, they hold on to my money longer...

mdcclxxvi wrote:Here's the email I sent:

imawooternow

UPDATE
Woot sent apology and..
Woot sent a $20 refund...
I told my husband about the whole hdr7 mixup and gave him the choice...

I asked him if he would accept the old used HDR7A as his bday present w $20 cash back
-- what does this do to warranty?? I wonder...

He said he'll keep it - and use it anyway. He tested some of it and said it seems to work. He isoutputting his original music from his iPad.

His bday is less than a week away so waiting for money back And trying to buy another one would take a while. I would prefer replacing it w NEW one ... Old one may not last as long..

Thanks Woot, husband was amenable. I want warranty as promised .. Squaretrade. 1 year - how do I get it. hopefully, we can still get that....
Best

And gratitude but sad we couldnt send back refurbished for NEW...

Hi there ,

Remember that Ikey Audio Portable Digital Recorder you bought from us a while back? Well, we just realized we goofed up and led you to believe it's a brand new model when in fact it's refurbished. Now, we rarely have trouble with refurbished goods, but obviously we don't feel right selling you one thing when you thought you were buying another.

To make up the difference, we're refunding you $20 on that order to make up the price difference. If a refurb is a deal-breaker for you, email us by 5pm (central) on December 7th and we'll send you shipping labels to return it at no cost.

Sorry for the mix-up. Hope we can still be friends.

Love,

Tech.Woot

mdcclxxvi wrote:Here's the email I sent: