AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO
borntohunt wrote:Sounds like another nice Tech Woot deal like the previous recent Asus tablet with keyboard deal.

Cowboom's deal of the day has the similar "pre-owned" 32GB Asus for $200.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

"Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Eee Pad Quad-Core 10.1" 32GB Tablet"
MSRP: $499.99
Today: $199.99 + $5.00 shipping

"Similar" ain't the same. The TF200 had SERIOUS issues with wireless- the metal back makes the GPS so unusable they stopped sayin it even has GPS, and the wifi barely works.

I would not buy a TF200. I wish I had moneys for a TF300. Been perfectly happy though with my TF100 since May2011.

These really need the keyboard to shine. Double the battery life, make a steady videochat platform, and make typing a breeze.

Demonius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonius
richg0404 wrote:Whats the story with external storage on this. Does it have a micro-SD slot, or is there an adapter that plugs in and then hangs there inconveniently ?

The specs on the main page say

Interface:
(1) 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in)
(1) micro HDMI
(1) microSDHC Card Reader (up to 32GB)

and it looks to be built in from the pictures.

kavolidm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavolidm
rajuorbhikhu wrote:Nope, I'm on 4.1 & it says up to date..... and this is brand new.... anyone else have it, if so ill call asus tech

I received mt TF300T w/ keyboard dock from woot last night. Awesome tab, updated it right out of the box to jb.

kavolidm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavolidm
BIGCTY wrote:For those who bought this same tablet plus dock last week but have heard nothing about shipping, don't fret. It's on the way. I NEVER got a shipping email or saw a shipping update and it was on my doorstep yesterday. I'm in VA, so your receipt time may vary. I had a Toshiba Thrive and this is light years ahead of that. You will probably experience a problem the Asus weather app not changing from Celsius or updating. Just get rid of it until they fix it. Jellybean will download when you turn it on. Couldn't be happier, unless I find out I hit the 580 mil....

Which I didn't....

Sounds like you and I have a lot in common: Toshiba Thrive, VA, got my yesterday too. Like you said, don't fret; it'll get here.

timmyshitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timmyshitz
richg0404 wrote:Whats the story with external storage on this. Does it have a micro-SD slot, or is there an adapter that plugs in and then hangs there inconveniently ?

Yes there is. Not sure how much it can read, I have heard of some slots being limited to x amount of gb BUT I highly doubt that is an issue.
edit-found this (up to 32GB)

Not sure about the additional storage outside of the slot. I do not see a USB port or anything like that.

timmyshitz

timmyshitz

cmagdy119 wrote:Keyboard on ben's outlet for 69.99

It says it is for the TF201. Will it work with the TF300T?

blt2589

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blt2589

I ordered one by tapping that gold button. From my iPad.

Crazy.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
chrisautrey wrote:The short version is that the 700 has a better screen and the processor is full speed.

The TF300 series has the processor scaled back to 1.2 GHz vs the full Terga 3 speeds.

Dont worry too much about it though. I've had my TF300 for about a year now (bought it as soon as it came out), and it's still lightning fast. The jelly bean updates have only improved it.

What did you do about flash? I like the fact that my sons Acer A500 with ICS can still run the flash websites that the school IPADs can't- so he can do the math learning sites and such. Did you do a workaround for installing flash, or do you just not use it? Basically I am wondering if I should block that update when it comes along. Thanks

gak0090

timmyshitz wrote:It says it is for the TF201. Will it work with the TF300T?

The TF300 is a little fatter. It can be forced into that keyboard - but it won't latch (see link below). I would not do it.

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/transformer-pad-300-general-discussion/20632-tf-201-dock-tf300-tablet.html

cherbs019

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherbs019
veila22 wrote:For people debating the price, Newegg.com is selling the 16gb refurb for TF101 for $249.99 with free shipping right now. They are also allowing you to add the keyboard dock for a total of $329.98 (tablet + keyboard).

So $330 price for the older model... While Woot had $299.99+$5 shipping last week for the same combo for the newer model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230172

The newegg version looks like it has the older Tegra 2 processor, this one has the Tegra 3.

smakcc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smakcc

Good for you. I ordered 8 days ago and I have received nothing. Sent several email but received no satisfactory response. Just sent out another as I saw this item up for sale.

babalou wrote:I received mine Wednesday - very unexpectedly! As of today, the status of my tablet on Woot still reads 'Awaiting Shipping'. Mine is grey-blue - just the color I wanted. It automatically upgraded to 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) when I powered on the tablet and connected to my network. For those who are still waiting, a visit to the asus website for the manual would be helpful since it ships with no documentation or CDs. I learned the keyboard has a release latch that initially looked to me like a small speaker to me.

Very pleased with my gift to myself! And family members are very jealous!!

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

Also wondering if this is > than Nexus 7.

Suck it, Trebek.

rlp518

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rlp518

I got my 300 refurb that I ordered right before Thanksgiving this past Monday. I have to say I was really disappointed when I received it. Two nondescript smaller boxes inside a nondescript larger box. The smaller boxes were well-packed. One box had the keyboard/docking station; the other the 300. No documentation. No instructions. The unit had some flimsy stickers placed on the side of the unit where it docks with model number, warranty info and the like -- right where your hand goes so, when you slide up and down the touch screen you catch them. The unit itself is very nice -- but it looks like the whole thing was slapped together, thrown in a box and shipped off. Definitely not what I am accustomed to with woot purchases.

AlphaWolf102582

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AlphaWolf102582

So glad I got this last week when it came with the keyboard dock for an extra $50.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I love you so hard right now Woot writer!

move along

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404
timmyshitz wrote:Yes there is. Not sure how much it can read, I have heard of some slots being limited to x amount of gb BUT I highly doubt that is an issue.
edit-found this (up to 32GB)

Not sure about the additional storage outside of the slot. I do not see a USB port or anything like that.

Sorry, I just want some clarification. Is there an sd slot or is there just an adapter that plugs in and hangs on ?

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
ghostofdavid wrote:Also wondering if this is > than Nexus 7.

Really not the same, apples to oranges.

But yes it is.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

It's about 3"> than a Nexus 7.

move along

osgoodrn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osgoodrn

Yeah, I bought one on the 21st and it still hasn't shipped - hope you aren't in a hurry

GlobalT38

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GlobalT38

Here's a question I'd like some input on - Looks like you can currently buy a brand new 32GB model out there for aprox $100 more. Is the "brand-newness" and double built in storage (would then be up to 64GB with micro SD) worth the $100 or inconsequential? I've been eyeing the 32 GB one thinking it would see a big drop when the 700 comes out but now this woot comes along and....

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
BIGCTY wrote:For those who bought this same tablet plus dock last week but have heard nothing about shipping, don't fret. It's on the way. I NEVER got a shipping email or saw a shipping update and it was on my doorstep yesterday. I'm in VA, so your receipt time may vary. I had a Toshiba Thrive and this is light years ahead of that. You will probably experience a problem the Asus weather app not changing from Celsius or updating. Just get rid of it until they fix it. Jellybean will download when you turn it on. Couldn't be happier, unless I find out I hit the 580 mil....

Which I didn't....

kavolidm wrote:Sounds like you and I have a lot in common: Toshiba Thrive, VA, got my yesterday too. Like you said, don't fret; it'll get here.

Totally fretting right now... Maybe even on the verge of jealous.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

Got my tablet/keyboard combo from the last Woot last night! It updated to JB without a fuss and was very easy to customize the way I wanted. In fact I'm typing this comment from the thing right now!

I got lucky I guess, because I have no cosmetic damage, no troubles updating things or accessing the Play store, and zero issues with keys not working or dead pixels.

I'm not a super techy user, nor am I going to sit here and run comparisons for cutting edge tech - I'll leave that to the smarter/wiser folks - but if you're just looking for a small, portable thing you can email, do some basic word processing on, watch movies via Netflix, play some game apps ... this thing is beautiful and perfect for it.

I'm loving it!

The only goofy thing is why would anyone put a mouse pad on a touch-screen item? I disabled that almost immediately and I think it's gonna stay disabled.

EDIT TO ADD: People who bought the combo from Woot before Thanksgiving, don't fret - my Woot order history still says 'awaiting shipping' but, uh, unless the tablet fairy visited me yesterday I got what I ordered. I guess the refurb company hasn't given Woot the shipping info that they can distribute to us. Don't blame Woot for it! It's coming, really!

gak0090

I think this is a better buy then the Nexus 7. The only advantage I can think of that Nexus & would have would be pixel density 216 vs 150 for the transformer. Basically they are the same resolution (1280 x 800), but the transformer has a bigger screen. I like a bigger screen, and at 1280 x 800 on a 10" screen you won't get pixelation. The Asus has many advantages that the Nexus 7 does not, expandable memory via sd, the keyboard dock with additional battery, has a front and back camera (8mp)- the nexus only has a front camera.

johnmattox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnmattox
confused15 wrote:Totally fretting right now... Maybe even on the verge of jealous.

Seriously Fretting...

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404
richg0404 wrote:Sorry, I just want some clarification. Is there an sd slot or is there just an adapter that plugs in and hangs on ?

Here I am answering my own question.

I found this video review of this device and it shows that it has a microSD slot on the tablet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/asus-transformer-pad-tf300/4505-3126_7-35230241.html

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg

I bought mine new back in September. I've owned an iPad2, Galaxy Tab (both 10 and 7 inch versions), and a TF Prime. I am happiest with this TF300. Does everything I want it to do and is light. Good WiFi signal in my house and is very responsive. Might pick up this refurb for my son.

DSS711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DSS711

Received mine yesterday in Virginia for my 9-year old son. Decided on this instead of a laptop, and I'm glad I did. Everyone in the office including the IT director wants one. Thanks woot!

cebooher3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cebooher3

I have an ANCIENT Asus TF-101. It doesn't even have a quad core processor. I use it every day and it does everything I need it to. Email and surfing are regular activities and I also use it for FTP on web sites.

I'm completely satisfied with it so I'm not buying this one from Woot. If my tablet was broken, I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of this deal.

hcbrf3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hcbrf3
borntohunt wrote:Sounds like another nice Tech Woot deal like the previous recent Asus tablet with keyboard deal.

Cowboom's deal of the day has the similar "pre-owned" 32GB Asus for $200.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

"Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Eee Pad Quad-Core 10.1" 32GB Tablet"
MSRP: $499.99
Today: $199.99 + $5.00 shipping

[MOD: Different Model. That's TF201. We're selling the newer TF300.]

I was pretty impressed with their prices, until I noticed all that is usually not included. No power cable?

What's not included? AC Adapter USB Cable Headphones Cleaning Cloth Carrying Case Owners Manuals

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell

This is the TF201 minus the Wifi and GPS radio problems.

Also: DAMMIT! I just got the TF201 from yesterday's deals.woot at bensoutlet.com.

(Gnarr gnarrr gnarrr....)

chrisautrey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chrisautrey
gak0090 wrote:What did you do about flash? I like the fact that my sons Acer A500 with ICS can still run the flash websites that the school IPADs can't- so he can do the math learning sites and such. Did you do a workaround for installing flash, or do you just not use it? Basically I am wondering if I should block that update when it comes along. Thanks

I find I don't really use it on the tablet. A lot of things that may have needed flash probably have a tablet app anyway.

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg
gak0090 wrote:What did you do about flash? I like the fact that my sons Acer A500 with ICS can still run the flash websites that the school IPADs can't- so he can do the math learning sites and such. Did you do a workaround for installing flash, or do you just not use it? Basically I am wondering if I should block that update when it comes along. Thanks

If you have flash installed prior to the update, you it will still work after.

chrisautrey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chrisautrey
rlp518 wrote:I got my 300 refurb that I ordered right before Thanksgiving this past Monday. I have to say I was really disappointed when I received it. Two nondescript smaller boxes inside a nondescript larger box. The smaller boxes were well-packed. One box had the keyboard/docking station; the other the 300. No documentation. No instructions. The unit had some flimsy stickers placed on the side of the unit where it docks with model number, warranty info and the like -- right where your hand goes so, when you slide up and down the touch screen you catch them. The unit itself is very nice -- but it looks like the whole thing was slapped together, thrown in a box and shipped off. Definitely not what I am accustomed to with woot purchases.

I got it new. All that came in the retail box was the tablet, charger, a warranty booklet, and a tiny little "user's manual" that basically showed a diagram of the tablet with the buttons labeled. Trust me that you didn't miss much.

spoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spoc

I just bought the Nexus 7 for my wife for Christmas. This obviously has a bigger screen and a slightly higher price point but otherwise how does this campare?

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

OK... you bought this tablet, updated to JB... Now what?

How to root ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T and install ClockworkMod Recovery ...

http://goo.gl/ajl9K

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

Were you expecting overnight shipping? from woot? Be patient. The prices at woot are lower, but shipping often takes a while. Actually, I'm impressed that I have already received most of the things bought in the recent woot-off. Stunningly fast for woot. I, too am awaiting my transformer, but having had woot shipments take a couple of weeks before, I'm not having an aneurism.

smakcc wrote:Good for you. I ordered 8 days ago and I have received nothing. Sent several email but received no satisfactory response. Just sent out another as I saw this item up for sale.

aformist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aformist

This is the first time I'm commenting about an item I've purchased from Woot, just because I'm so happy with it. This tablet is responsive, powerful, and does everything I want it to do. I still use my Asus netbook, but the TF300T operates FASTER than the netbook, is LIGHTER, and doesn't generate any significant heat! A+ on this one, Woot: I'm recommending this to my coworkers now.

rosros

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rosros
spoc wrote:I just bought the Nexus 7 for my wife for Christmas. This obviously has a bigger screen and a slightly higher price point but otherwise how does this campare?

2 different usage. I have toshiba thrive and just ordered the nexus via woot community the other day. the 32gig nexus came out to little over 200 net price. the 10 inch screen is great if stationary. Get the gyro vulcan tablet stand. bigger screen, easier to type and view. the 7 inch much more portable, more crisper looking, ez to hold on 1 hand, better for gaming (less bulkier), better for sitting on chair usage. nexus has no rear camera, but never used the thrives camera. purchased the pqi air wifi storage so can stream anything into the nexus missing sd port. upcoming 3rd party will provide in/out ports via charging dock soon anywasy. so 10 inch if more stationary/desktop use and you have below avg eye site: 7 inch by far for portability, less tiring to hold (a biggie for me as the 10 inch feel heavy afer awhile).

msienkiewicz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msienkiewicz
johnmattox wrote:Seriously Fretting...

Me too - still waiting for mine. Guess things take a little longer to get to MD than VA. Hoping it is still on the way, that someone didn't swipe it from my doorstep!