3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

MaxAwesome

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MaxAwesome

Wasn't this just on here with the keyboard dock as well for the same price? I think I'll wait for the next Woot-Off....

gruisinger

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger

there is a Jelly Bean update for this, right?

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

It's BAAACKKK....

Although the specs read Ice Cream Sandwich, this is a Jelly Bean tablet. Over The Air update is available as soon as you turn it on.

Settings/About/Check Update.

Got mine with the keyboard dock from the previous sale today. NICE!

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian
MaxAwesome wrote:Wasn't this just on here with the keyboard dock as well for the same price? I think I'll wait for the next Woot-Off....

With the keyboard it was 299.99 -ish

rajuorbhikhu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu
gruisinger wrote:there is a Jelly Bean update for this, right?

I'm playing with it now and no jb yet, but it is FABULOUS!!!

I DON'T REGRET DITCHING MY IPAD at all!!!!

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

I just got this deal for $300 w the dock over the black Friday / cyber Monday weekend.

My tablet unfortunately has a dead 'touch space' on it.. a full bar across.. be sure to test your table with some software when you get it. Its a great deal, but have to RMA it

onewondershow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onewondershow

Just curious but have a lot of you had success with the refubs I always feel like I'm going to get something that was never fixed right?

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

Ugh, do I bite the bullet already or hold out for a good price on the TF700?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

CBank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CBank
rajuorbhikhu wrote:Nope, I'm on 4.1 & it says up to date..... and this is brand new.... anyone else have it, if so ill call asus tech

4.1 is Jelly Bean just not the latest JB. Asus hasn't released a 4.2 update yet.

veila22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veila22

For people debating the price, Newegg.com is selling the 16gb refurb for TF101 for $249.99 with free shipping right now. They are also allowing you to add the keyboard dock for a total of $329.98 (tablet + keyboard).

So $330 price for the older model... While Woot had $299.99+$5 shipping last week for the same combo for the newer model.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230172

veila22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veila22
cymbalmonkey wrote:Ugh, do I bite the bullet already or hold out for a good price on the TF700?

It'll happen eventually. I settled for the TF300 because a friend with the 100 series still loves his, so I figured 300 had to be pretty good.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

veila22 wrote:I'm a bit sad since I'm still waiting for mine as well. I asked about it, and the response was, "We apologize for this extended delay. This order is taking a little longer than usual to obtain tracking from our vendor."

So... I would expect people ordering this one to have a delay as well, unless it was just Thanksgiving causing the hold up. (Probably.)

Yeah, it sold the day before Thanksgiving so the orders would have been released to the vendor on Friday. While often faster, we do ask that you allow 5 business days for processing and shipping. Today is the 5th business day. It just seems longer because of Thanksgiving.

If you look in the thread, people are starting to receive them so yours should be there soon.

If it still says awaiting shipping, it means that we're still waiting on that tracking file from the vendor.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Those of you that have received yours, how about sharing some info to help those thinking about it?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

webby619

quality posts: 1 Private Messages webby619
morriea wrote:You have it then. 4.0=ICS 4.1=JB.

And 4.2=JB I know, confusing.

So is this the 300?

What are the spec differences between the 300 and the 700?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Great writeup guys!

chase60now

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chase60now
webby619 wrote:And 4.2=JB I know, confusing.

So is this the 300?

Looks like 700 is clocked little higher and comes with metal frame instead of plastic...also has slightly better resolution...

cymbalmonkey

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cymbalmonkey

Are keyboard docks for the TF300 compatible with the TF700?

I'm thinking maybe I'll just go ahead and get this and upgrade at a later date if I'm not satisfied...

Theoretically, would this TF300 tablet be faster than a single-core Intel N450 netbook with 2GB RAM?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

chrisautrey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chrisautrey

So is this the 300?

The short version is that the 700 has a better screen and the processor is full speed.

The TF300 series has the processor scaled back to 1.2 GHz vs the full Terga 3 speeds.

Dont worry too much about it though. I've had my TF300 for about a year now (bought it as soon as it came out), and it's still lightning fast. The jelly bean updates have only improved it.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

So is this the 300?

Here is a full comparison from VERSUS:

http://versusio.com/en/asus-transformer-pad-300-16gb-vs-asus-transformer-prime-tf700t-32gb

It fails to mention that this one is MUCH less expensive from WOOT! right now. I deal in Android Tablets and can honestly recommend this tablet at this price VERY HIGHLY! I had it at release and just bought (and received TODAY) another from the recent WOOT! You will NOT be disappointed.

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Sounds like another nice Tech Woot deal like the previous recent Asus tablet with keyboard deal.

Cowboom's deal of the day has the similar "pre-owned" 32GB Asus for $200.

http://www.cowboom.com/deal-of-the-day.cfm

"Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Eee Pad Quad-Core 10.1" 32GB Tablet"
MSRP: $499.99
Today: $199.99 + $5.00 shipping

"At CowBoom.com we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Any product we sell can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt."

EDIT UPDATE from Cowboom: "Our Asus Transformer Prime 32GB Tablet has sold out"

[MOD: Different Model. That's TF201. We're selling the newer TF300.]

Yep that's correct, the Asus TF201 is 3-months older than the Asus TF300.

ASUS TF201 Release Date = January 2012

"The 1st Quad-Core Tablet"

ASUS TF300 Release Date = April 2012

franksmith

quality posts: 7 Private Messages franksmith

Sams has it new... not refirb for $28 more and free shipping

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/10inch-tablet-transformer-pad/prod8110283.ip?refcd=GL05251200010028&pid=_CSE_Google_PLA_Office-Electronics&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=sku8704283S

[MOD: But out of stock online so free shipping won't matter]

borntohunt

quality posts: 103 Private Messages borntohunt

Let's make that good web link an easier hyperlink we can just click on below . . .

lastride wrote:Okay got mine in yesterday from the previous Woot. Got the update over the air to Jelly Bean 4.1, but if you go to

http://usa.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/#download

you will find Jelly Bean 4.2, but I do not know how to get it to install, any help with this would be great. I want my daydream.

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.4.2.17 Only for JP SKU (Android 4.1)
Steps of Update:

1. Check SW version of your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T*
2. Download ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.4.2.17 Only for JP SKU and Update version of SOP (From “Manual” Item)

※Firmware update cannot do *SKU conversion* and downgrade version.
Wrong SKU may cause update failure, You can only update your SW version on the Same SKU

*How to check SW version of your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T?

Path: [Settings]-->[About tablet]-->Build number

Example: You should be able to see the build number CN_epad-9.X.X.X_2012xxxx, where “CN” means SKU.

File Size 454,65 (MBytes) 2012.11.07 update

nobet44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nobet44

I got rid of my Apple, rotten core. Now I love playing with my Transformer, with or without an ice cream sandwich.

chrisf711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrisf711

I'm no expert on tablets. How does this compare to the Google Nexus 7, which I was leaning towards.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I'm looking to get a tablet for my 10-year-old niece. She's not the greatest reader but she's good with technology and games (as the youngins are wont to be) and expressed an interest in drawing on a tablet as well. Basically, she saw the Sony S I got here a few months ago and expressed a wish to have a tablet too, I'm guessing especially since her iPod Touch died (or broke?) a while ago. The fact I'm her favorite aunt is just icing on the cake of "this is something neat that I would like to have".

Anyway, would something like this be a good investment? I figure something that won't be too outdated (or get too outdated) quickly would be smart. In an ideal world I'd get her an iPad, because she's more used to the iOS as opposed to Android, but those things are hella expensive and I'd be hesitant to get one for a kid because of that. I think mainly she'd play games like Royal Revolt and Pocket Frogs and use whatever drawing programs are good. If there are good reading apps (like, helping a person read better, that sort of thing), that couldn't hurt either.

So, uh, is this a good deal for such a use? Or should I hold out for something different?

chrisautrey

chrisf711 wrote:I'm no expert on tablets. How does this compare to the Google Nexus 7, which I was leaning towards.

Here is a direct compare. They are both good. I like the bigger 10" screen, but some like the 7" for portability.

http://tablets.techcrunch.com/compare/134-152/Nexus-7-vs-ASUS-Transformer-Pad-TF300

Ezpcconcepts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezpcconcepts
onewondershow wrote:Just curious but have a lot of you had success with the refubs I always feel like I'm going to get something that was never fixed right?

I have been here on woot since the begining. Have never had to return a defetive refurg for what its worth...

nextcity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nextcity
rajuorbhikhu wrote:worth every penny at $250....

Just received a NEW TF300 today purchased from Adorama for $269.99 shipped.

babalou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages babalou
ThunderThighs wrote:Those of you that have received yours, how about sharing some info to help those thinking about it?

I received mine Wednesday - very unexpectedly! As of today, the status of my tablet on Woot still reads 'Awaiting Shipping'. Mine is grey-blue - just the color I wanted. It automatically upgraded to 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) when I powered on the tablet and connected to my network. For those who are still waiting, a visit to the asus website for the manual would be helpful since it ships with no documentation or CDs. I learned the keyboard has a release latch that initially looked to me like a small speaker to me.

Very pleased with my gift to myself! And family members are very jealous!!

thelastredeemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelastredeemer

Damn it, Woot, I thought I avoided the temptation from the last Woot with the ASUS tablet + keyboard combo and now you've gone and pushed me in pulling the trigger at some point >.<

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
rajuorbhikhu wrote:I'm playing with it now and no jb yet, but it is FABULOUS!!!

I DON'T REGRET DITCHING MY IPAD at all!!!!

Congratulations. I imagine the freedom you feel not being stuck in the Apple cult is similar to the feeling you get once a 10 year divorce is finally over. Go out and celebrate.... Get yourself gingerbread flavored ice cream with some jelly beans on it ;)

Enjoy, Android is by far the best mobile OS out there right now. And if you want to push the hardware to it's max and do things you never thought you could, head over to http://www.xda-developers.com/ You'll find almost 5 million users there that have a real sense of community.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Received mine from earlier offer. The corner of the screen was badly burned out and the power supply was unusable due to the pins being all bent. The dock is fine. I emailed woot asking for a replacement and the reply sent yesterday stated that none were available. Then it's being sold again today?(I was sent an RMA and will be returning it) I'm very disappointed in woot because of this.

[i][MOD: Sorry for the problems. We are out of stock on the Tablet/Keyboard Combo. This one does not have the keyboard.]

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

chrisautrey

darlenee1 wrote:Received mine from earlier offer. The corner of the screen was badly burned out and the power supply was unusable due to the pins being all bent. The dock is fine. I emailed woot asking for a replacement and the reply sent yesterday stated that none were available. Then it's being sold again today?(I was sent an RMA and will be returning it) I'm very disappointed in woot because of this.

Wait. I'm confused. They have a sales model that is designed to sell out of an item every day and it appears they did that day. Sure, they shipped a defective item, but it's not like they can personally open every sealed package to check it before they send it to you. If you want to place blame, put it where it belongs on the crappy refurb job.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm
chrisf711 wrote:I'm no expert on tablets. How does this compare to the Google Nexus 7, which I was leaning towards.

I have the 7 and its an incredible piece of tech for the money. My thoughts:

-It is just barely big enough to be usable. The 7" screen works great, but if it were any smaller (say 6"), it would just be too small. (So the 10" screen here would definitely be nice.)
-At 7", it does (just barely) fit into the pocket of my cargo pants, which is nice for portability.
-The Nexus 7 does not have a rear-facing camera (only front) which would be nice for taking photos and scanning bar codes (for price comparisons). However, even with the camera, you won't be lugging a 10" tablet with you to the store.
-Both have the same screen resolution, so you're going to see exactly the same pixels, only they will be larger on the 10". If your vision isn't quite what it used to be, then the 10" is your tablet.
-The lighter Nexus 7 makes it comfortable for holding up one handed in bed. However, its almost heavy enough that it might not be comfortable for everyone. The 10" you would definitely need to prop up on your knees or a pillow or something.

BIGCTY

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BIGCTY

For those who bought this same tablet plus dock last week but have heard nothing about shipping, don't fret. It's on the way. I NEVER got a shipping email or saw a shipping update and it was on my doorstep yesterday. I'm in VA, so your receipt time may vary. I had a Toshiba Thrive and this is light years ahead of that. You will probably experience a problem the Asus weather app not changing from Celsius or updating. Just get rid of it until they fix it. Jellybean will download when you turn it on. Couldn't be happier, unless I find out I hit the 580 mil....

Which I didn't....

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404

Whats the story with external storage on this. Does it have a micro-SD slot, or is there an adapter that plugs in and then hangs there inconveniently ?

acraigl

quality posts: 45 Private Messages acraigl
cymbalmonkey wrote:Ugh, do I bite the bullet already or hold out for a good price on the TF700?

Not sure it's worth the extra $200 for the TF700. By the time that comes down, the next device will be available.

I actually have the TF700, and love it. I was buying new, and after selling my old HP touchpad, figured it was worth the splurge. The screen IS amazing on the TF700, but if I were to buy for the first time, I'd go with this deal instead.

cmagdy119

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmagdy119
kcmark wrote:Hmmm, seems a bit overpriced given that it was offered with the keyboard for only $50 more and the keyboard is normally $150. Drop this to $230-235 and I'm sold.

Keyboard on ben's outlet for 69.99

thatchk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatchk

My tablet/keyboard arrived tuesday. Love it so far and have not had any problems with it yet, but I am an undemanding user.