1%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

popmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages popmaster

what kind of TV is it? is it just me or is it not mentioned anywhere? LED,LCD,PLASMA,DLP,E.T? ahhhhh

[MOD: It's in the Specs. Panel Type: CCFL, LCD]

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Not that good of a deal when you can get it NEW with FULL WARRANTY for $498.
Walmart offers the JVC 47" 1080p LCD HD Television, model no. JLC47BC3002, for $498 with free shipping. That's $2 under our mention from two weeks ago and the lowest total price we could find by $181. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, USB, two HDMI inputs,60Hz refresh rate and more

Edit:
It is still active price. See link.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/JVC-47-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-JLC47BC3002/20750771?wmlspartner=NKa3hZyYoHA&sourceid=05061150722616631602&veh=aff

mikeclark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeclark

Panel Type: CCFL, LCD

popmaster wrote:what kind of TV is it? is it just me or is it not mentioned anywhere? LED,LCD,PLASMA,DLP,E.T? ahhhhh

Bucuresci

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Bucuresci

Voltage is rated at 100/240 V and frequency is 50/60 Hz which could make it usable in Europe. But it does not write PAL/SECAM so is only for North America?

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87

I wonder why these are not eligible for SquareTrade warranty...

jessieturner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jessieturner

Ok,
description says video viewing through USB on 47" only...
Specs say video viewing through USB on 42" only

Which is it??

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87
jessieturner wrote:Ok,
description says video viewing through USB on 47" only...
Specs say video viewing through USB on 42" only

Which is it??

It says picture viewing is 47" only.

HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
k87 wrote:I wonder why these are not eligible for SquareTrade warranty...

I actually would of gotten one of these if i could of gotten a square trades warranty on it. The reviews on it are great for this price point.

noize23

quality posts: 6 Private Messages noize23

In for one!

Been stalking this tv (the 42")since it last showed it's face here and I was slow to the draw.

Amazon and Walmart both have the newer model (3002), and prices fluctuate through the day, hovering around $360-$380 at the low end for the 42". No reason to pay more than that, but it still pops up for $499 off and on. Third party seller fishing I guess.

Most people are attracted to this line for the 10Wx2 front firing speakers. What sets the older model apart is the inclusion of 4 HDMI connectors and 120hz refresh rate, as opposed to 2 HDMI and a 60hz rate for the newer model.

The older model receives rave reviews across the board, including a Consumer Reports Best Buy.
The newer model not so much.

Ezpcconcepts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezpcconcepts
noize23 wrote:In for one!

Been stalking this tv (the 42")since it last showed it's face here and I was slow to the draw.

Amazon and Walmart both have the newer model (3002), and prices fluctuate through the day, hovering around $360-$380 at the low end for the 42". No reason to pay more than that, but it still pops up for $499 off and on. Third party seller fishing I guess.

Most people are attracted to this line for the 10Wx2 front firing speakers. What sets the older model apart is the inclusion of 4 HDMI connectors and 120hz refresh rate, as opposed to 2 HDMI and a 60hz rate for the newer model.

The older model receives rave reviews across the board, including a Consumer Reports Best Buy.
The newer model not so much.

This is why I purchsed the 42 in last time. I also had a concern about no Square Trade avaialblity but decided to take a chance. This is the first TV I have purchased from woot. They never let me down in all my years here so I was placeing my faith in that. So far the TV is excellent and working as it should. No complains here.

noize23

quality posts: 6 Private Messages noize23
Ezpcconcepts wrote:This is why I purchsed the 42 in last time. I also had a concern about no Square Trade avaialblity but decided to take a chance. This is the first TV I have purchased from woot. They never let me down in all my years here so I was placeing my faith in that. So far the TV is excellent and working as it should. No complains here.

Thank you! That was just the post I was hoping to see. Anyone else have luck with the past woot?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

k87 wrote:I wonder why these are not eligible for SquareTrade warranty...

We can't add two different sales to the same SquareTrade offer. We're waiting on an update from SquareTrade to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
ThunderThighs wrote:We can't add two different sales to the same SquareTrade offer. We're waiting on an update from SquareTrade to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So if we purchase this, is it possible that square trade warranty may be available in the near future?

SoloTSi97

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SoloTSi97
noize23 wrote:Thank you! That was just the post I was hoping to see. Anyone else have luck with the past woot?

I picked up the 42" model last time around. Excellent TV. The picture is great, and as reviews here and elsewhere have stated, the front-firing speakers produce excellent sound as compared to other TVs that I have seen and heard.

-Bob

cata32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cata32
Bucuresci wrote:Voltage is rated at 100/240 V and frequency is 50/60 Hz which could make it usable in Europe. But it does not write PAL/SECAM so is only for North America?

Well it's a TV if you can plug it in at 220-240 volts in Europe ..it will play whatever you hook it up to ..like a video game, VHS :D DVD , it's like a monitor screen or if you plug a cable tv, HD box etc. same, i guess ...

cata32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cata32
SoloTSi97 wrote:I picked up the 42" model last time around. Excellent TV. The picture is great, and as reviews here and elsewhere have stated, the front-firing speakers produce excellent sound as compared to other TVs that I have seen and heard.

-Bob

I do not own this model but, I have a 42" LCD JVC TV 1080i , I bought it back in 2007 and untill to these day, I'm watching it now, works flawless , great speakers sound , clear great colors gamma real colors no wash ups etc, I like it :D I bet this new one here (new model) it's a little more improved and better ! Good Luck! I love overall JVC TV's I trust them and Sony , thats al li Buy :D as a TV brand!

dsf900

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsf900
noize23 wrote:Thank you! That was just the post I was hoping to see. Anyone else have luck with the past woot?

Got the 42" roughly two weeks ago from Woot! So far it's been working well, though the 90 day warranty does concern me.

I'm content with just saying that at the end of the day it's only stuff.

adbolton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adbolton

Bought the 42 inch a couple of weeks ago and very happy with it so far.

ThunderThighs

Staff

HujoeBigs wrote:So if we purchase this, is it possible that square trade warranty may be available in the near future?

I don't have any information on that. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

janczakdan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages janczakdan

I purchased the 37" JVC back in June and after the initial hiccup it's been working like a dream. It arrived DOA but one e-mail to woot, a call to JVC customer support and a call back from a higher level support from JVC and two weeks later a tech was at my house replacing the main board. He said its the most common component to go out during shipping, TVs these days don't like being moved around. Guess they don't make them like they used to, but hey it doesn't take two people to move a TV up stairs now.

I'm seriously debating on pulling the trigger on this for a new living room TV. Can always move the old one into the bedroom.

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf
cata32 wrote:Well it's a TV if you can plug it in at 220-240 volts in Europe ..it will play whatever you hook it up to ..like a video game, VHS :D DVD , it's like a monitor screen or if you plug a cable tv, HD box etc. same, i guess ...

Don't think that is acurate. The TV needs to ba able to read PAL or SECAM. If not, you have to convert whatever you feed the TV first.

nittany73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nittany73
popmaster wrote:what kind of TV is it? is it just me or is it not mentioned anywhere? LED,LCD,PLASMA,DLP,E.T? ahhhhh

[MOD: It's in the Specs. Panel Type: CCFL, LCD]

No mention in the specs re. screen refresh rate. Does that mean it is 60Hz?

fadool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fadool

This is perfect. I've been looking for a 42in for my new house for a few weeks.

Seems like the biggest review complaint is that changing HD channels is kinda slow... I can live with that.

ThunderThighs

Staff

nittany73 wrote:No mention in the specs re. screen refresh rate. Does that mean it is 60Hz?

It's under Additional Features. The 47" is 60Hz. The 42 is 120Hz CrystalMotion.

FORUM MODERATOR

deanokat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deanokat

There appears to be a newer 42" model (JLC42BC3002) available (new) at Walmart for $368.00. However, the specs there say the refresh rate for that model is 60hz. So I'm thinking the 42" model here on Woot! is the better deal?

deanokat

deanokat wrote:The same model # 42" is still available (new) at Walmart for $368.00. However, the specs there say the refresh rate is 60hz. So...which is it? 60hz or 120hz? I'm inclined to think it's 60hz because that's what the JVC spec sheet at the Walmart site says. But Woot's specs say 120hz. Help! http://www.walmart.com/ip/JVC-42-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-JLC42BC3002/20750770#Specifications

OOPS! My bad. That set at Walmart is NOT the same model number. It ends in 3002...not 3000. Sorry!! Can someone absolutely assure me that the 42" being sold here at Woot! is 120hz?? Please?

ThunderThighs

Staff

deanokat wrote:OOPS! My bad. That set at Walmart is NOT the same model number. It ends in 3002...not 3000. Sorry!! Can someone absolutely assure me that the 42" being sold here at Woot! is 120hz?? Please?

Here's the JVC page.

FORUM MODERATOR

deanokat

Damn. I had the 42" in my cart, clicked the PLACE YOUR ORDER button, and it says it's sold out. So, I'm toast, huh? No chance of any more popping up because credit cards get rejected or anything? I'm so sad. :*(

dliidlii

deanokat wrote:OOPS! My bad. That set at Walmart is NOT the same model number. It ends in 3002...not 3000. Sorry!! Can someone absolutely assure me that the 42" being sold here at Woot! is 120hz?? Please?

JVC site shows specs for the 47" as 60Hz refresh rate but the 42" has 120Hz rate. http://tv.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029096&pathId=200&page=10 rate

dliidlii

dliidlii wrote:JVC site shows specs for the 47" as 60Hz refresh rate but the 42" has 120Hz rate. http://tv.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029096&pathId=200&page=10 rate

JVC page for 47".showing 60Hz refresh rate. Previous post shows the 42" is 120Hz.
http://tv.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL029096&pathId=200&page=10

Walmart does not have the same 42" model but the 47" is the same 60Hz model new for $498.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
deanokat wrote:I had the 42" in my cart, clicked the PLACE YOUR ORDER button, and it says it's sold out.

Me too. So I grabbed the 47"... 5/5 stars om AMZ... Not many reviews though. I would have liked 4 HDMI ports, and the NTSC tuner, the 42" offered, but I'll manage somehow.

steviethev03

quality posts: 15 Private Messages steviethev03

Picked up the 42" last time it was offered and couldn't be happier.

I was concerned that I'd need a sound bar or something when I upgraded to a new TV (from an old HD CRT 30" monster). But this TV has pretty excellent sound. Seriously. It's clean, clear, and sounds like it's coming from much larger, higher end speakers. The sound has a 'rich' quality to it, that honestly surprised me.

The picture is great and the colors are really vibrant. It took a little while to really tweak the settings to my liking; now it looks fantastic.

The crystal motion 120Hz is great for sports, though it makes normal TV shows look like you're watching footage off of someone's handycam - some may prefer this, I don't.

Had success watching videos from a USB drive - as easy as connecting it to the USB input.

Blu-Ray looks incredible.

I couldn't be happier with this tv.

polysorbate

quality posts: 7 Private Messages polysorbate

At 3.3 inches depth and 220 watts for the 42", though weight not being a problem, this wouldn't work well for a still picture frame on the side of your wall.
Yah, I know, I need to go led tv to do that....

nleksan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nleksan

1.07bil colors for the 47"...does that mean we're talking about a full 8-bit (or 8bit with 12/14 bit LUT) panel? Or have A-MVA/P-MVA panels gotten to where they can display native 8/10 bit panel colors?

Either way, sounds like a steal!

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
deanokat wrote:Damn. I had the 42" in my cart, clicked the PLACE YOUR ORDER button, and it says it's sold out. So, I'm toast, huh? No chance of any more popping up because credit cards get rejected or anything? I'm so sad. :*(

Same here, I wanted the 42" as a bedroom TV. It's sold out.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

kimberlysj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberlysj

I bought the 47 inch one of these the last time it was offered (11/8). It showed up without the power cord and the remote. Contacted woot, they said they'd fix it and I havent heard anything since, despite sending several more emails asking whats-what...

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

caymangolfer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caymangolfer

Bugger the 42" is sold out. I take it from the reviewers here and looking at the Specs that the 42" is the better buy. Is that correct? If so I hope it is back on woot soon

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Aw dang! I was ready to pull the trigger on the 42" (it fits my entertainment hutch) but all gone. Will have to wait for the Olive Drab Thursday sales on that purchase, I guess.