WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Rockin' Razer...geaR

What needs to be said at this point about Razer? They make high end stuff, and we seem to sell it every 10 days or so. 
Razer official site

comma


quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

There ARE other companies that make PC peripherals.

vladistov


quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
comma wrote:There ARE other companies that make PC peripherals.



Not with glowing-blue triskelions, there aren't.

lwjoestar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lwjoestar

I bought a Blackwidow Ultimate from Woot over a month ago (priced at $90 at the time), and I have regretted it possibly more than any other purchase I've ever made.

The keyboard was broken right out of the box. Several keys just did not work, and the whole thing was basically unusable. I looked up Woot's return policy, which stated that I was to first attempt to contact Razer about the issue, which I did. After a series of correspondences with Razer support staff lasting over a week long, I was finally able to get them to understand that the keyboard was, in fact, defective, and needed to be replaced. They sent me an RMA form to fill out, which I did. Several days later, they get back to me explaining that since I did not purchase the keyboard from a licensed retailer, that I would have to take it up with the site I got it from (Woot).

So I emailed Woot and explained the problem again. By this time, it's been about two and a half weeks since I made the purchase. Woot gets back to me, gives me a printable RMA label, and has me send the keyboard back to them. I did so.

As of tomorrow, it will have been two weeks since I sent my defective keyboard (one month and 8 days since purchasing it!), and not only have I not received either a functioning keyboard or a refund, but I haven't even received a notice that they got the package and are taking care of my issue.

If I'd had this much trouble with a local brick-and-mortar store, I would be tempted to call the police by this point.

The moral of the story is: Don't buy Razer products and DEFINITELY don't buy them from Woot!

popmaster


quality posts: 3 Private Messages popmaster

all I wanted was the mouse, but no, my silly computer said that woot was having technical issues,and now the flipping mouse is sold out... again... every time! AHHHHHHHH

joefrazier4th


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joefrazier4th

finally got a nostromo!!!

NuclearShadow


quality posts: 2 Private Messages NuclearShadow
lwjoestar wrote:I bought a Blackwidow Ultimate from Woot over a month ago (priced at $90 at the time), and I have regretted it possibly more than any other purchase I've ever made.

The keyboard was broken right out of the box. Several keys just did not work, and the whole thing was basically unusable. I looked up Woot's return policy, which stated that I was to first attempt to contact Razer about the issue, which I did. After a series of correspondences with Razer support staff lasting over a week long, I was finally able to get them to understand that the keyboard was, in fact, defective, and needed to be replaced. They sent me an RMA form to fill out, which I did. Several days later, they get back to me explaining that since I did not purchase the keyboard from a licensed retailer, that I would have to take it up with the site I got it from (Woot).

So I emailed Woot and explained the problem again. By this time, it's been about two and a half weeks since I made the purchase. Woot gets back to me, gives me a printable RMA label, and has me send the keyboard back to them. I did so.

As of tomorrow, it will have been two weeks since I sent my defective keyboard (one month and 8 days since purchasing it!), and not only have I not received either a functioning keyboard or a refund, but I haven't even received a notice that they got the package and are taking care of my issue.

If I'd had this much trouble with a local brick-and-mortar store, I would be tempted to call the police by this point.

The moral of the story is: Don't buy Razer products and DEFINITELY don't buy them from Woot!



While I wouldn't defend Woot in your case. I would like to say that likely you bought a refurb that was never handled by Razer in any form of way in the refurbishment of the item.

My mouse, mouse pad, headphones,
and keyboard are all Razer products and they all work great for me. You can't blame Razer if some non partner repair shop fixes their items and then a non partner retailer sells broken items.

flakhappy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages flakhappy
NuclearShadow wrote:While I wouldn't defend Woot in your case. I would like to say that likely you bought a refurb that was never handled by Razer in any form of way in the refurbishment of the item.

My mouse, mouse pad, headphones,
and keyboard are all Razer products and they all work great for me. You can't blame Razer if some non partner repair shop fixes their items and then a non partner retailer sells broken items.



I have 2 Mice, one NIB and one referb. They are both are working like champs, the older of the 2 might need some new feet though. Worn those puppies down.

damnidunno


quality posts: 1 Private Messages damnidunno

i've been wanting the razer blackwidow. But this is the last gen, and its only $10 off normal price on amazon or newegg. so isnt much of a deal to be risking having it dead.

justinables


quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
lwjoestar wrote:I bought a Blackwidow Ultimate from Woot over a month ago (priced at $90 at the time), and I have regretted it possibly more than any other purchase I've ever made.

The keyboard was broken right out of the box. Several keys just did not work, and the whole thing was basically unusable. I looked up Woot's return policy, which stated that I was to first attempt to contact Razer about the issue, which I did. After a series of correspondences with Razer support staff lasting over a week long, I was finally able to get them to understand that the keyboard was, in fact, defective, and needed to be replaced. They sent me an RMA form to fill out, which I did. Several days later, they get back to me explaining that since I did not purchase the keyboard from a licensed retailer, that I would have to take it up with the site I got it from (Woot).

So I emailed Woot and explained the problem again. By this time, it's been about two and a half weeks since I made the purchase. Woot gets back to me, gives me a printable RMA label, and has me send the keyboard back to them. I did so.

As of tomorrow, it will have been two weeks since I sent my defective keyboard (one month and 8 days since purchasing it!), and not only have I not received either a functioning keyboard or a refund, but I haven't even received a notice that they got the package and are taking care of my issue.

If I'd had this much trouble with a local brick-and-mortar store, I would be tempted to call the police by this point.

The moral of the story is: Don't buy Razer products and DEFINITELY don't buy them from Woot!



Hey lwjoestar!

Woot CS staff here. Sorry you havent had an optimal experience with your purchase. = /

It looks like we received your item 11/20/12. It can take a bit to process your return, esp during the holidays, but you should receive it soon.

email us at support@woot.com if you need anything else.

Undune


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Undune

I feel like I have to come to the defense of refurb Razer gear from woot.

I have purchased:
1. A Lycosa keyboard (owned for about a year)
2. A Tron mouse (half a year)
3. A bluetooth mini mouse (over a year and a half)
4. A Lachesis mouse (over a year and a half)
5. A Carcharias headset

and I just bought a Nostromo.

I have never had a problem with any of the products that I purchased from Woot. The only issue I have had is that the braided cable on the Tron mouse has started fraying, but that hasn't impacted usability... yet.

I'm officially in the bag for Razer, now. I used to do Logitech, but the build quality is just not as good. Their headsets in particular always made me worried they would crack.

balrogspain


quality posts: 0 Private Messages balrogspain
lwjoestar wrote:I bought a Blackwidow Ultimate from Woot over a month ago (priced at $90 at the time), and I have regretted it possibly more than any other purchase I've ever made.

The keyboard was broken right out of the box. Several keys just did not work, and the whole thing was basically unusable. I looked up Woot's return policy, which stated that I was to first attempt to contact Razer about the issue, which I did. After a series of correspondences with Razer support staff lasting over a week long, I was finally able to get them to understand that the keyboard was, in fact, defective, and needed to be replaced. They sent me an RMA form to fill out, which I did. Several days later, they get back to me explaining that since I did not purchase the keyboard from a licensed retailer, that I would have to take it up with the site I got it from (Woot).

So I emailed Woot and explained the problem again. By this time, it's been about two and a half weeks since I made the purchase. Woot gets back to me, gives me a printable RMA label, and has me send the keyboard back to them. I did so.

As of tomorrow, it will have been two weeks since I sent my defective keyboard (one month and 8 days since purchasing it!), and not only have I not received either a functioning keyboard or a refund, but I haven't even received a notice that they got the package and are taking care of my issue.

If I'd had this much trouble with a local brick-and-mortar store, I would be tempted to call the police by this point.

The moral of the story is: Don't buy Razer products and DEFINITELY don't buy them from Woot!



They're all refurbished. So odds of you getting a product thats completely broken or have something wrong with them kinda sky rocket.

Mawgy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mawgy

Gah, Righty Deathadders sold out again! I'll never get one at this rate.

akivaj


quality posts: 1 Private Messages akivaj

Every. Time. Sold. Out.
Tron. Keyboard. Waaa.

-Super Crochety.

rsaz904


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsaz904

DO NOT BUY THE LYCOSA GAMING KEYBOARD.

I can not say this strongly enough. I've personally had two break, one within the warranty period, and one (its replacement) beyond it. Razer does have good customer service, but it is evident to me that this product was poorly made and should not be on the shelves. A quick google search will confirm that the keyboard is extremely problematic. It tends to have problems with stuck or failed keys, requiring a pc reboot, or at least a resetting of the usb plug for the keyboard. I need to reiterate that these keyboards broke from light, general use. No spills, crumbs, etc... They were kept in a clean environment and were taken care of.

That being said, I have had a very good experience with my Deathadder mouse, and my most recent purchase, a Tiamat 2.2 headset.

dancingbanana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingbanana

YES! Thank you woot. As a lefty I have been eyeing the death adder for lefties for a while now, but I could make excuses for myself as to why I could make do with a right-handed mouse...NO LONGER. At $25, how could I resist?

fwsch


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fwsch

There will be a time when the Razer Deathadder will not sell out so quickly. I look forward to that day...

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
lwjoestar wrote:The moral of the story is: Don't buy Razer products and DEFINITELY don't buy them from Woot!



My husband's Razer Headset was bought from Brick-And-Mortar earlier this summer. He also has a Razer keyboard (bought when he ordered his computer). They're both in great repair and working fine.

Sorry 'bout yer bad luck, but it's NOT the label.

Moueska


quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Previous Razer Love from yours truly:

Moueska wrote:The hubby had a pair of Radio Shack headphones that were flimsy and gave uncontrollably bad static and poor voice quality. His friends have all commented on the improvement in his voice quality since his new headphones.

I got the Carcharias for him when his headphones broke (and I was too annoyed to send them back for the replacement under the extended warranty). We got our Razer headset from Best Buy for about twice the price, not including their extended warranty. (We have a kid, warranty is a requirement for us, not a choice.) Fantastic headset so far, he's had them for over two months and loves them. He treats them VERY gently, uses them for Skype and gaming with Steam and other internal voice-chat systems. Some of his other friends said that they have similar headphones by Razer and are pretty happy with them.



This was posted over the summer. Still rockin' the Carcharias, Still pretty happy with them.

Ish1337


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ish1337

I bought barracuda headphones from woot. they came all tangled up folded weird. Also there was no mic included. From my Perspective I wont buy Razer from Woot again. I doubt I will buy Razer or from woot again.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Ish1337 wrote:I bought barracuda headphones from woot. they came all tangled up folded weird. Also there was no mic included. From my Perspective I wont buy Razer from Woot again. I doubt I will buy Razer or from woot again.



Missing items are an absolute bummer. Please feel free to contact Razer for a replacement, or support@woot.com if you run into any further problems.

I'm just hanging out, really.

cinman2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinman2

I am about to e-mail them because I am as well missing the headphone piece.

inkycatz wrote:Missing items are an absolute bummer. Please feel free to contact Razer for a replacement, or support@woot.com if you run into any further problems.



jeff8942


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeff8942

Mine did not come with a functioning glowing logo

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jeff8942 wrote:Mine did not come with a functioning glowing logo



I'd give Razer a chance to make that right and send you one with a glowing logo.

If they give you any hassle or trouble, contact support@woot.com, okay?

I'm just hanging out, really.

isralsky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

^^ Just got mine in the mail broken and wound up like a return. No mic included, and no manual of the plugs or any insert.. Woot is normally better than this..

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

isralsky wrote:^^ Just got mine in the mail broken and wound up like a return. No mic included, and no manual of the plugs or any insert.. Woot is normally better than this..



Sorry to hear that you received your order in the condition you described.
Please feel free to email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to assist you with this issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

isralsky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you received your order in the condition you described.
Please feel free to email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to assist you with this issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff



No response from woot yet, mailed em immediately yesterday. So I get this response instead? Razer told me call woot. /slowclap.

isralsky


quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky
isralsky wrote:No response from woot yet, mailed em immediately yesterday. So I get this response instead? Razer told me call woot. /slowclap.



Ps I shop woot more than most shop at the grocery store.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
isralsky wrote:No response from woot yet, mailed em immediately yesterday. So I get this response instead? Razer told me call woot. /slowclap.



If you mailed yesterday, it will likely take them 1-2 business days to reply. Thanks for your patience!

I'm just hanging out, really.