7%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

rennyn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rennyn

Does anyone have experience with this set? I checked for reviews and they have decent feedback on retailer sites, but can't find anything in depth. It would be nice to hear a bit more about sound quality as well as ease of use with other devices and the optical in.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
rennyn wrote:Does anyone have experience with this set? I checked for reviews and they have decent feedback on retailer sites, but can't find anything in depth. It would be nice to hear a bit more about sound quality as well as ease of use with other devices and the optical in.

I have one of the older DVD surround sound systems and I loved it.

I have not played with this version exactly but my neighbor has the cheaper one without the front speaker stands. While movies sound fine the subwoofer is much smaller than my old one and music is missing much of its bass.

dericklebron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dericklebron

I'm in for 1. It better play netflix or else its no better than the older model I got 4 years ago, and I just wasted 200 bucks.
I'm happy with the model I got 4 years ago, the only drawback is that it doesn't have internet apps, and my TV is not smart. I'm not a sound guru, I just know I get much better sound from the pioneer surround sound system than the pioneer tv. I would also prefer if you could default Viera link settings to default the audio control to the surround sound.

rennyn

DarkZrobe wrote:I have one of the older DVD surround sound systems and I loved it.

I have not played with this version exactly but my neighbor has the cheaper one without the front speaker stands. While movies sound fine the subwoofer is much smaller than my old one and music is missing much of its bass.

Hrmm maybe the bass has improved? I'll have to dig around a bit and see if I can find anyone mentioning it in reviews. Would suck to have a surround sound system with crappy bass. I need EXPLOSIONS. (For cheap.)

DarkZrobe

rennyn wrote:Hrmm maybe the bass has improved? I'll have to dig around a bit and see if I can find anyone mentioning it in reviews. Would suck to have a surround sound system with crappy bass. I need EXPLOSIONS. (For cheap.)

Just seemed like a smaller Sub. At first I was like hey hand me the remote I can fix that, then I noticed the Sub was on Max, and I was sad.

DarkZrobe

dericklebron wrote:I'm in for 1. It better play netflix or else its no better than the older model I got 4 years ago, and I just wasted 200 bucks.
I'm happy with the model I got 4 years ago, the only drawback is that it doesn't have internet apps, and my TV is not smart. I'm not a sound guru, I just know I get much better sound from the pioneer surround sound system than the pioneer tv. I would also prefer if you could default Viera link settings to default the audio control to the surround sound.

Well if it doesnt dont be too mad. Go grab a Roku. Does plenty more and does it better. If you can find one of the older ones you can use the digital fiber cable to connect the sound between the roku and surround sound system. (Otherwise you will need to pass it between your tv to the surround but most TVs downconvert the signal to stereo)

stsparky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stsparky
rennyn wrote:Does anyone have experience with this set? I checked for reviews and they have decent feedback on retailer sites, but can't find anything in depth. It would be nice to hear a bit more about sound quality as well as ease of use with other devices and the optical in.

I've just bought its SC-BTT190 brother new at Sears for $199. Player is awesome. It works best with a Panasonic TV ... Buy with confidence.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Make sure you check out the daily deal on http://pop.woot.com/ as well as the great Plus deals.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

niravvyas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niravvyas

Does this Blu-ray player work for PAL input instead NTSC?

Nirav Vyas

ruadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruadog
niravvyas wrote:Does this Blu-ray player work for PAL input instead NTSC?

Virtually no BD player sold in the US will play PAL discs. Any one that did, would prominently display that feature since it would be so rare. Don't forget, you would also need a PAL TV to view it properly.

slickvicpxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slickvicpxx

I had a set similar to this and the DVD stopped working after about two year, I removed it, and was able to get an additional two out of the speakers. I read 2 or 3 post with people having similar issues. The sound is okay for a $200 system, it could have been a bit louder for me.

Victor Pxx

bonesandjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonesandjones

how long are the wires? (specifically the surround wires) I just bought (and returned) a similar unit with wires only about 20' long. After wrapping around to the side wall, etc, I had to position the speakers within 6 ft of the tv...not good!

crates

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crates

Says it has an Ethernet port. Does anyone know why?

I'm in the market for a new surround sound system but with Black Friday tomorrow and seemingly lackluster feedback on this one, I think I might have to wait.

Also, can anyone tell me if the "3D BluRay" player is an improvement over my PS3's capabilities? If there's a tech difference for 3D, I wasn't aware of it... but I want a 3D TV next so maybe this is what I want after all.

Owner of Athames.com Metaphysical Wholesalers.
(That's not advertising; it's simply a fact.)

royfactor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages royfactor
rennyn wrote:Hrmm maybe the bass has improved? I'll have to dig around a bit and see if I can find anyone mentioning it in reviews. Would suck to have a surround sound system with crappy bass. I need EXPLOSIONS. (For cheap.)

Well they improved their bass using bamboo cone speakers so you should get pretty darn good bass especially at that price

DarkZrobe

crates wrote:Says it has an Ethernet port. Does anyone know why?

I'm in the market for a new surround sound system but with Black Friday tomorrow and seemingly lackluster feedback on this one, I think I might have to wait.

Also, can anyone tell me if the "3D BluRay" player is an improvement over my PS3's capabilities? If there's a tech difference for 3D, I wasn't aware of it... but I want a 3D TV next so maybe this is what I want after all.

Yes it is. The 3D blurays use a different spec of HDMI. They use a few more wires of the HDMI cable. There may also be some other features that come with this but I havnt looked to closely.

Because the PS3 could not physically update the HDMI port on every PS3 they pushed for a different implementation of 3D using the existing hardware. I dont know the drawbacks of doing it this way and I am not sure if they fixed it in the new PS3 Slim but if you are going for 3D gear you might want to do some more research.

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

So, you don't need a receiver to use this? My parents (who are not tech-savvy) jus bought an HDTV for their basement rec room. All they have is a tv ... no home theater receiver. Would this work for their situation?

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

Any reason you have to use the tall speaker for the fronts? Could you use those as the rear instead? Or would that screw things up?

zcbergie05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zcbergie05

I'm also looking for a length on the speaker wires, can anyone help out on this?

rennyn

rayray8822 wrote:So, you don't need a receiver to use this? My parents (who are not tech-savvy) jus bought an HDTV for their basement rec room. All they have is a tv ... no home theater receiver. Would this work for their situation?

No receiver required, so this should work great for people like them.

keltrebon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keltrebon

Don't Know much about sound systems. I don't have a receiver. Would I need a receiver for this? If not, would it be worth it to get a receiver? (ie. will it sound way better? or are there any downfalls to not having one?)

rlsouthworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlsouthworth

This is ridiculous. Almost 6 full days after the order is placed and it's still "Awaiting Shipping". I tried to cancel the order several days ago because I found out I have to move and they said "it's at a point that they can't cancel it" so I tried to get the shipping address changed (it hasn't shipped yet!) and I get "Unfortunately, your order has reached a point in processing where we're unable to change the shipping address. If you are unable to receive it at its current destination, it will likely be returned to the vendor, and a refund will be issued." I'm sure the person who picks up a box sitting on the front porch of an empty house will greatly appreciate the Christmas gift.

Ever since Woot was acquired by Amazon, the customer service has gone down hill. This is my 27th order from Woot since 2006 and I've literally spent thousands of dollars, but this will be my last order.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rlsouthworth wrote:This is ridiculous. Almost 6 full days after the order is placed and it's still "Awaiting Shipping". I tried to cancel the order several days ago because I found out I have to move and they said "it's at a point that they can't cancel it" so I tried to get the shipping address changed (it hasn't shipped yet!) and I get "Unfortunately, your order has reached a point in processing where we're unable to change the shipping address. If you are unable to receive it at its current destination, it will likely be returned to the vendor, and a refund will be issued." I'm sure the person who picks up a box sitting on the front porch of an empty house will greatly appreciate the Christmas gift.

Ever since Woot was acquired by Amazon, the customer service has gone down hill. This is my 27th order from Woot since 2006 and I've literally spent thousands of dollars, but this will be my last order.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Member Service assisting with your order.
I've forwarded your issue along to Member Services myself to see if they can't help find a resolve for you.

Thank you for your patience in this ongoing matter.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff